PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 5 To Be A Prequel?

TuoDecaps
22-06-2008, 04:32 AM
Just read an interesting little tidbit about the upcoming Metal Gear Solid 5. Apparently there is talk of it being a prequel with Big Boss as the protagonist. Read the source here http://www.gamingfront.net/story-25-Metal-Gear-Prequel.html
So what do you guys think of this? Good idea, bad idea?

svalbard
22-06-2008, 03:23 PM
whoa, another one. figures. it seems like a great idea, since i love the metal gear series.

NinjaSimon
25-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Wait, isn't that just mgs 3?

MattZani
25-06-2008, 06:12 PM
kinda, MGS3 you played as Naked Snake (Who became Big Boss) But im guessing this will be more the time when the Patriots were formed, like a sequel to MGS3

Nikhil
17-07-2008, 01:52 AM
Heh, I bet Kojima is dying to get his hands on that new 16 layer BD. I shudder to think of the magic he could work with that kind of space.

Kasaioni
24-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Heh, I bet Kojima is dying to get his hands on that new 16 layer BD. I shudder to think of the magic he could work with that kind of space.

I thought Hideo said he wouldn't be making the next Metal Gear game?

Anyways, if this is a sequel, then it would be a sequel to MGS:PO, not MGS3.

But if the next Metal Gear game isn't centered around Naked Snake or even Solid Snake (if thats even possible) then is won't be called Metal Gear Solid, it'll just be called Metal Gear, even though the first two games called Metal Gear still had Solid Snake as the main character, but without Naked/Solid Snake, it'll just be Metal Gear, which Would make it Metal Gear 3, not 5, because there are two Metal Gear games and 4 Metal Gear Solid games.