PDA

View Full Version : Dark Athena

Joshua
22-01-2009, 05:08 AM
...looks legit. I really wish they'd get rolling on the next Riddick movie.

Bionic Commando, on the other hand, doesn't look so hot, but only time will tell I guess.

ZeroXin
30-01-2009, 03:04 PM
...looks legit. I really wish they'd get rolling on the next Riddick movie.

Bionic Commando, on the other hand, doesn't look so hot, but only time will tell I guess.

Dark Athena Does not look somewhat good, Compared to games that are out and are coming out, the only people who will buy this game are fans of the Original other than this it won't be a great seller

EIN
30-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Dark Athena Does not look somewhat good, Compared to games that are out and are coming out, the only people who will buy this game are fans of the Original other than this it won't be a great seller

Difference of opinion there, but I think Dark Athena will sell well to the existing fanbase... alot of people loved the original game alot, even though I can't really see why... I don't see it flopping

ZeroXin
30-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Difference of opinion there, but I think Dark Athena will sell well to the existing fanbase... alot of people loved the original game alot, even though I can't really see why... I don't see it flopping

Oh it will sell copies but it wont even compare to the titles out, Now this does not mean it'd be a Total Flop, What I'm saying is it wont be able to compare to a standard title, yes it'd be a good game but nothing new. So they added a few new things, doesn't mean it can compare to a Title like Killzone 2 or Gears 2.

Joshua
30-01-2009, 09:23 PM
I didn't pick up the original, so if they update the graphics and make it look at least comparable to R2 and the gameplay/story are on point then I don't see this game doing poorly. I, for one, don't expect this game to look like KZ2. If we're going to expect every game to look like that then we'll be let down more often than we will be impressed. R2 may not look as good as KZ2, but it is a very good looking game and makes good use of my PS3/HDTV combo

EIN
31-01-2009, 02:41 AM
Anyone see Street Fighter HD Turbo Remix?

Old game... new look
Old concept... new touchups

Killer sales

I sense a parallel

Joshua
31-01-2009, 06:05 AM
I generally make it a habit not to buy games on the first day unless they are trusted franchises, so I'll wait and see on this one. If it gets an 8 or higher then I'll most likely pick it up.

I'll admit that I may be a bit bias, however, since I'm a fan of the Riddick universe.