PDA

View Full Version : Lost Forum Members?

inferno1321
24-01-2009, 06:01 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this, but I happened to be looking through the list of members with the top posts. There was a surprising amount of them over 1,000 posts, which I found surprising considering the lack of that kind of activity on this site. I also noticed that the last time a lot of them were on was towards the end of 2007. I was just wondering if that was when the site went down for renovation for V2 or something. (Since I noticed this sick new look is V3).

Michal
24-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Yep in late 2007, early 2008 we decided to renovate for V3. I was so busy with school, work and the design and development of V3 that I wasnt able to maintain the site with news etc. From there we slowly lost some members.

It shouldn't be long before we pickup pace once again!

EIN
24-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Thats exactly what happened... I just stopped coming back because there was a lack of content before the new look. There are sooooooo many inactive accounts its kind of misleading about site activity... but it does make things look good...

inferno1321
25-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Ok. So that would also explain the email I got about the V3 version of the site, to try to get some of those members back. Good idea, and good luck.

Michal
25-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Yep we're pushing it! Traffic has increased significantly since relaunch .. we just need to rebuild the community now and get members to stick to PS3Center.net

EIN
26-01-2009, 03:36 PM
i dunno mihau, things have still been kinda slow for the last couple months... sure we're picking up new members, but its always the same people around here. Although the site IS getting alot more hits, and the updates are daily now too... maybe we just need more content? like more blogs, exlusives, features or stuff I dunno... Maybe we could use the point system to actually buy stuff you know? i'll foot the bill and pay for a couple of PCN teeshirts or caps, stuff we can make at eaton center for cheap so that users here can get something cool... I'd be happy to do it too! Like 15000 points for a cap, 17000 for a shirt... some kind of system like that... people can save up for the PS3 or just cash in cheap and easy. what do you think?

Michal
26-01-2009, 11:36 PM
i dunno mihau, things have still been kinda slow for the last couple months... sure we're picking up new members, but its always the same people around here. Although the site IS getting alot more hits, and the updates are daily now too... maybe we just need more content? like more blogs, exlusives, features or stuff I dunno... Maybe we could use the point system to actually buy stuff you know? i'll foot the bill and pay for a couple of PCN teeshirts or caps, stuff we can make at eaton center for cheap so that users here can get something cool... I'd be happy to do it too! Like 15000 points for a cap, 17000 for a shirt... some kind of system like that... people can save up for the PS3 or just cash in cheap and easy. what do you think?

Give me a few weeks .. we may have some tricks up our sleeves :)

First of all, I think there may be a login issue with IE .. cause sometimes when I try to login with IE off some random PC .. it doesnt let me.

So for the next few weeks we'll be retouching certain bugs across the site.

What we're lacking is posting members. I have to rethink my strategies and make the point system more visible across the site.

We're also going to add "latests threads" a bit everywhere across the site to make people visit the forums a little more.

We're not really lacking .. with 1.8 Million page views last month and this month we're already at 2.2 Million .. we keep on going up.

This is not a process that'll skyrocket it 1-2 months .. it's gonna take some time before it really picks up.

Michal
26-01-2009, 11:43 PM
+ we may beef up the homepage a little .. tweak it up and edit the header slightly

We're also thinking of various new marketing methods ... facebook, adwords etc

EIN
27-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Glad to hear it. Saw the facebook thing, looks like a graet idea. And while integrating the point system more fully into the website is a step forward, getting more high profile affiliates should guarantee more site hits... like IGN, Gamestop, Gametrailers, etc... altho they'll probably just regard you as competition... just thinking out loud.
yo i'm making a PCN hat... wanna see?

Michal
27-01-2009, 08:56 PM
post the pic here hehe