PDA

View Full Version : Its hockey time!!!!!!!!!

Dipchit02
12-06-2009, 09:06 PM
so game 7 RIGHT NOW. coverage has begun on NBC and i think the actually game will start at 8:30

NHL finals game 7 could it get better. but who are you all rooting for? i know this is late but w/e

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!

Dustin S.
12-06-2009, 09:21 PM
I dislike both teams so its hard to choose which one to root for lol. Im not a crosby fan but i hate seeing the red wings win all the time. They make good games none the less so ill be watching.

Dipchit02
12-06-2009, 09:28 PM
but how can you root against the wings? they are like the best team ever lol :)

Dustin S.
12-06-2009, 09:35 PM
I hope the Coyotes face them in the playoffs next year, just so I can put my full support against the red wings lol. ;)

Dipchit02
12-06-2009, 09:40 PM
lol but then they will just get destroyed by the almighty power of the Red Wings

EDIT: but it is nice to actually have one of my home state teams be good

Dustin S.
12-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Go lions ;) haha.

The first period was awesome! Very exciting, was on the edge of my seat the whole time!

EDIT: BTW i dont know if you knew this, the announcing crew is the Coyotes crew. The play by play guy is ours and Darren Pang is our inside guy too.

Dipchit02
12-06-2009, 09:56 PM
that still doesnt make the Coyotes good lol :) but i really dont know much about hockey are the Coyotes usually pretty solid or not?

Dustin S.
12-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Lately no lol. They fell apart last season after the all star break, they were doing so well before. Now they are in trouble of possibly leaving the state, we should know rather they are or not this weekend. I hope they stay, im a die hard fan!

Dipchit02
12-06-2009, 10:12 PM
yea i had heard soemthing about them trying to leave but i thought the commisiner would not let them or soemthing

Dustin S.
12-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Basically the guy that owns them doesnt know how to run a business at all. He had 2 or 3 other business here in flourishing AZ that ALL failed and went bankrupt. Now he bankrupts the Coyote (which were doing fine before him) saying that hockey cant do well here. Comish came in and said he sucks at managing a team yatta yatta. The cool thing is we got 3 other team owners (from the white sox for example), all the other major sports leagues (MLB NBA NFL) all supporting them staying. Then yesterday the city of Glendale said they wont let the Coyotes leave and now a bunch of AZ staff is jumping on board. To me looks like they will be staying and im truly happy if they do, i will attend more games than usual just to support them staying.

Dipchit02
12-06-2009, 10:21 PM
yea so basically they just need to get a new owner now?

Dustin S.
12-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Yeah NHL already said they would take control of the team, pay off the debter, and put in a new managment until the team is sold to the White Sox owner or whoever if thats needed. Then the city of Glendale said they are more than willing to re structure their agreement with the team and help fund them in staying there. We just built the team a new stadium like 2 or 3 years ago...

BTw AWESOME 2nd period! Sucks the penguins are winning, i secretly voted for the red wings haha.

Dipchit02
12-06-2009, 10:56 PM
lol yea the wings are pretty much sucking right now especially on the offensive side

Dustin S.
12-06-2009, 11:39 PM
What an amazing finish. I was jumping out of my seat, just wow!

Dipchit02
12-06-2009, 11:41 PM
yeah well i kinda figured going into the 3rd that they were going to lose

Dustin S.
12-06-2009, 11:43 PM
I wasnt too happy with how the penguins started playing there in the last minute. LOL You cant hear anything, the red wing fans are booing so loud!

EDIT: I just realised, whats happening to the coyotes right now, happened to the penguins last year! Its my dream to see Shane Doan holding that stanley cup for the coyotes one day, will be so awesome.

Dipchit02
13-06-2009, 12:01 AM
lol well i was hoping the wings woudl win but all i can do now is LAUGH AT HOSSA

Michal
13-06-2009, 02:09 AM
Although I wanted Pittsburgh to win. Hossa didn't do anything wrong. He did what an athlete would do. Join a team that can possibly win the cup (wings won last year). He even took a lower salary to play for the wings.... nothing wrong with what he did man. Athletes are there to win!!!

EIN
13-06-2009, 02:55 AM
Stooopiid Penguins... Detroit needed that win to bolster that city's poor morale... see the stands? No one could afford to go the Stanley Cup Finals!!!

Dipchit02
13-06-2009, 04:03 AM
Although I wanted Pittsburgh to win. Hossa didn't do anything wrong. He did what an athlete would do. Join a team that can possibly win the cup (wings won last year). He even took a lower salary to play for the wings.... nothing wrong with what he did man. Athletes are there to win!!!

i know Hossa did NOTHING wrong at all. actually i appreciate someone going somewhere to win instead of just going where the money i mean turning down a 7 year 80 million dollar contract for a 1 year 7.3(ish) contract is cool but i mean it wasnt like Pitt was bad they were in the finals last year which is why that didnt make sense to me and they are a young team so they should only get better. just didnt make sense to me at all

Dustin S.
13-06-2009, 04:30 AM
@EIN i completely forgot how bad Detroit was right now. I completely agree with that remark in that sense now.