PDA

View Full Version : MJ's Death > North Korea News... WTF!

Jordan
25-06-2009, 11:42 PM
What I find most interesting about this situation is that there is more coverage and people talking about MJ's death than North Korea stating if provoked they will wipe the U.S off the map. I 100% feel that North Korea will get their asses kicked if they launch a missile but how can MJ's death be so much bigger than the possibility of nuclear war? It makes me sad thinking about the way society is and what they care and care not about.

This could be a major event in history but it seems like I am one of the few that have been following it. It's sad that MJ died but it's as sad as anyone else dying that I never knew personally. He was also an alleged child molester which to me makes me care less of his death.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant haha. What are your thoughts?

Dustin S.
26-06-2009, 12:13 AM
Well first he was never proven to be a child melester, none the less he did great things for both the music and movie industries, hell he was even trying to make an impact on the game industry.

However i somewhat agree that there are bigger things out there. Its politics though and you can thank all the liars in Washington for people not caring. They make big deals out of nothing and lie so much that people are used to nothing ever going to happen. Truth is if Korea launched a nuke at all, we will shoot it down in an instance and fire back 500 nukes within seconds. Dont think we wont either, we already bombed a country before.

That and Korea is ALWAYS threatning us no matter the day. The Korean war never actually ended, they just like to be a giant pain in the ass. Honestly i think Russia needs to send a few tanks in there and tell them to STFU and leave America alone because we all know Russia has no problem kicking anyones ass for their own good.

Jordan
26-06-2009, 12:21 AM
Well first he was never proven to be a child melester, none the less he did great things for both the music and movie industries, hell he was even trying to make an impact on the game industry.

However i somewhat agree that there are bigger things out there. Its politics though and you can thank all the liars in Washington for people not caring. They make big deals out of nothing and lie so much that people are used to nothing ever going to happen. Truth is if Korea launched a nuke at all, we will shoot it down in an instance and fire back 500 nukes within seconds. Dont think we wont either, we already bombed a country before.

That and Korea is ALWAYS threatning us no matter the day. The Korean war never actually ended, they just like to be a giant pain in the ass. Honestly i think Russia needs to send a few tanks in there and tell them to STFU and leave America alone because we all know Russia has no problem kicking anyones ass for their own good.

Well he was alleged like I said. Based on what I've seen I personally think he did it.

They like to threat but what will make their threats significant or not is if the U.S enforces the UN's ban or arms exports. Basically something as simple as this cargo ship headed to Burma could start the war. (well re-start since they are technically at war like you said) .

North Korea is basically against the world if they try to launch a long range missile. All the innocent North Koreans that could die is what worries me even though many die from poor governing of the country anyways.

I'm glad someone actually has an opinion though. I've been dying to talk to someone who actually knows anything about this haha.

Dustin S.
26-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Well my Grandpa was in the Korean war so i have strong feeling with stuff relating to it. I wanted to make a movie based on the Korean war when i make it big (if that ever happens) and things like that. He is like a die hard Patriot its so cool. Im not joining the army but if we went to war with Korea id probably change my opinion and consider joining up.

Just realise that NK doesn't like or care about anyone at all. I feel bad for south Korea and the surrounding countries, but like i said Russia just need to move in and give a "warning" that you dont screw with friends in America, as we are even bigger than Russia and can do so much worse lol.

Jordan
26-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Ya I definitely agree with you. Someone needs teach them a lesson. Even China could do this. They have the largest army in the world and are located pretty close to North Korea.

North Korea is a sad place. I feel bad for everyone living there. Many families are divided by the north and south borders, culture is determined by their leader, they're brainwashed, Media is restricted, they can't speak out and can be sent to labour camps for the littlest of things. North Korea needs to change. They don't fit the world as they are operating. I just wish it could be done peacefully.

Nick
26-06-2009, 01:27 AM
It's really kinda an unfortunate thing. Same thing with the Iranian voting situation. Ultimately, though, it just comes down to more Americans being passionate about Michael Jackson than politics. People like entertainment more than politics, so it's only natural that there's more coverage of the former. Like any other industry, the media covers what sells, and today that's the death of Michael Jackson.

SaintAvi
26-06-2009, 01:40 AM
I understand your sentiments, he was a part of America's culture and an icon and as
such it should be expected, yes there are more pressing things to tend to but he is/was
a person of immense interest to the public, and lets not forget, TV is about ratings!