PDA

View Full Version : New Firefox 3.5 ?

Nicarlo
30-06-2009, 02:20 PM
If you havent heard yet Firefox has just released their version 3.5 which is suppose to support a few additional features such as private browsing. Its suppose to be faster as well.

Anyone got any comments about it ?

X_Racer1
30-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Well just downloaded it and besides the fact I can't use two of my extensions without the Nightly Tester Tools (Download Embedded and Forecastfox l10n) and my favorite theme (HEAVEN.CUBE) it's definitely faster with websites, probably due to the new Javascript engine although I don't like the new logo used in the start menu shortcuts or the top bar, the old one definitely looked better.

EDIT: The new version of Firefox doesn't seem to have made any major changes that would cause problems with extensions so I would advise anyone with extensions that don't "work" with Firefox 3.5 to use the Nightly Tester Tools (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6543) to get around the restriction. Be prepared though to start Firefox with all add-ons disabled if something does go wrong though as no guarantees can be made.