PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome OS. Anyone interested?

Dustin S.
09-07-2009, 05:27 AM
So Google FINALLY announced they are going to be releasing an OS in late 2010. If havent heard then read this
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/146051

Good? Bad? Who cares?

I personally see both sides of it. Will i use it? No, they are still new to the market. Hell Google Chrome browser wasn't even good to me, full of flaws that took a while to be fixed. I dont really like a whole lot of Google products.

However Google is a fantastic company and have contued support behind all their products. MS is already afraid of them because they are getting big. In all honesty, Google has the potential to over throw MS at the top of the tower at this rate.

The way i see this as a positve thing is it will push MS to do better or fall behind. Just like consoles, competition is good. MS no longer will have a thriving business overpowering apple, but Google has stepped into their rink by taking shares of PC now too. They either work harder to make sure windows is top of the line, or release a sub par OS like Vista again and watch as Google demolishes them.

Dipchit02
09-07-2009, 05:41 AM
i think that google probably figured this is a prefect time to release it because of how much bad press Microsoft is getting cuz of Vista but i really still dont kno who to take this news i saw it wsa like really? come on google you are a search engine not an operating system

Dustin S.
09-07-2009, 05:58 AM
Well Google has actually been innovating alot of things. They created web advertising basically, they already have phones and other gadgets, they made phone OS', and several other things. They already attacked MS by releasing a browser, webservices, and free office like products (word and what not) that have all been succesful. MS has always edged them in all areas, but googles stuff ahs all been free open source things.

Shak
09-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Judging by how Chrome web browser works, I'm guessing they want to make the OS very fast and efficient. So it may be good, I'm actually looking forward to it

Dipchit02
09-07-2009, 03:03 PM
yeah it is kinda obvious that they are going at MS but i really just do not know how good it will be but i guess we will just have to wait and see, i mean have google chrome on my computer now but i NEVER use it at all

Sauberbmw
09-07-2009, 04:01 PM
well i am a linux user and i have been reading that the os is built off a unix system. google is new to the OS market so obviously they are not going to have the greatest OS right off the bat but in time, we can finally topple the Microsoft jaggurnaught

X_Racer1
09-07-2009, 08:43 PM
The amount of information Google can gather from your Internet searches now is already alarming, give them your browser and OS and they have free reign to get anything they want. I'll pass on a Google OS, I want my system to come from different companies so one can't get it all.

Dustin S.
09-07-2009, 09:41 PM
I just realised that, Google is big because they are good at advertising. If they clocked their own OS and it got as big as windows just imagine how the ads will be. So easy to target you specificly and so easy for Google to make double the bank. The sad thing is, it wont be considered spyware.

I think ill wait it out, see how many times their os gets hacked before i decide to even try it at all.

SaintAvi
09-07-2009, 10:43 PM
It's kinda scary how fast google is branching out

Nicarlo
09-07-2009, 11:32 PM
ive always told everyone that google is going to take over the world but with great power comes great responsibilities .... so far google has been pretty good but lets hope they their concentration on their users and not solely on the profits.

I look forward to see what google puts together. I will be the first to say that i cant wait to try it out!

Dipchit02
10-07-2009, 12:33 AM
Google = Skynet you heard it here first

Jordan
10-07-2009, 01:16 AM
As far as them gathering a lot of information from consumers to me I think is a good thing. The better they can market to consumers and the better consumers can find what they need is a plus. I'd much prefer ads about things that interest me rather than products I have no use for.

That being said I don't think Google OS is for everyone. Some people may feel the amount of data they can get from you alarming and I understand that. For casual computer users that mostly just browse the web I see a free OS like google being a good option for them.

Oh, and the more competition for other OS's the better. I wont get it when it's released but I hope it's a good OS and consumers will enjoy it.