PDA

View Full Version : Resume writing

Nick
08-08-2009, 01:58 PM
So, I'm pretty fresh out of college, and was just wondering if any one had any tips or websites on how to write a resume? I never had any classes or anything about how to write one, so I'm not really sure exactly what to do besides what I've been recently reading on the 'net...

m0tl3sl4y3r
08-08-2009, 02:46 PM
well...what I would do is if they ask for references, give them a reference who u know would say something really good about u, thats what I did and thats how I got my part-time job pretty much, because one of my references gave in a really good word for me, but I haven't even started college yet, not until another month, so I wouldn't know how to get a "real" job and not just a part-time job to save up for college, so I don't know how good my advice would be, so I'd probably want to wait for others to reply before u start writing a resume based on what I've told u. Also I've been told to put down as much stuff that you've done as u can remember that you've done to make it look like u do a lot of stuff, but I don't know if that works

Michal
08-08-2009, 04:01 PM
My sister graduated from Human Relations. She wrote a bunch of resume's if I'm not mistaken. I'll see if I can send you one of hers so you can see!

lloyd
19-08-2009, 08:44 PM
I listened to a lecture that covered this issue. The guy was the one who did all the hiring for his part of the company. Didn't pay too much attention to it though, lalz. Anyway, the biggest things he talked about was keeping the resume short, two pages at most, and writing about only the things that would benefit whatever job you are going after.

Prolly not much help at this point but just trying.