PDA

View Full Version : Full Motion Video Ads in Magazine's

X_Racer1
20-08-2009, 02:15 AM
Sounds far-fetched or something from the future, well it's hear now, Wired has just revealed (http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2009/08/cbs-embeds-a-video-playing-ad-in-a-print-magazine/) CBS plans to put, in limited circulation, a edition of Entertainment Weekly with a video ad inside it. The opening to the page of the ad triggers it to begin and consists of a quarter-inch?thick screen seen through a hole between two pages which hides the larger circuit board driving the screen. The volume is also said to be quite loud and not adjustable, mainly to get your attention and the ad will not do anything for 5 seconds once you open the page, just enough time for a quick glance before you see a pre ad 5 second credit for the developers of the technology, then the ad rolls. Amazing we are at this point now, although disposable microchips don't sound like the greatest thing to come out of technology.

Dustin S.
20-08-2009, 02:26 AM
Thats just absolutely crazy...Im starting to think those far fetched tech movies are not so far fetched anymore.

SaintAvi
20-08-2009, 07:19 PM
sounds expensive, waay expensive.

lloyd
21-08-2009, 01:21 AM
Very expensive.. And stupid.. Yet I want one.. Weird. It would make a nice collectible whether the idea of having ads like that in magazines flies or not.

I'm sure if in 50 years or so magazines will have video ads in them somehow. That is assuming there isn't some kind of huge catastrophic event that reshapes humanity as we know into something horrid before know and then. But you know what they say about assuming, right? when you assuming you make an ASS out of U and ME. Assume.