PDA

View Full Version : Here's A New Recall

X_Racer1
25-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Well there's been plenty of recalls for all sorts of products (The battery recalls from Sony come to mind) but Maytag may have a rather interesting one (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/23/nyregion/23about.html) on their hands, recently a New York resident had his cell phone ring, answered it and talked for 10 minutes then he went into his kitchen after smelling burning to find that his Maytag stove was not only turned on but it was turned on high and the plastic thermometer that had been left on the stove was burning. After he and his superintendent and a handyman checked the whole thing out they couldn't find anything wrong, then the resident Andrei Melnikov mentioned his cell phone ringing and possibly being the reason it turned on, they then dialed Melnikov's cell phone and low and behold the stove turned on again and his wasn't the only one, the apartment complex had several identical stoves and they all did the same thing but a General Electric stove failed to do the same. The best part of all, this quote, “Actually, right now, cooking turkey, it’s easier than ever. It takes just one phone call" Melnikov joked.

m0tl3sl4y3r
25-08-2009, 06:29 PM
thats pretty weird

Dustin S.
25-08-2009, 06:58 PM
To be honest it scares me in a conspeircy therist kinda way. This just shows that all the things complying with FCC (14 or whatever it is) can be controlled in a way that someone wants. So if the government wanted you gone, they could merely call your cell, send a signal to everything you own, and watch it all turn on, explode, go crazy, etc...

Kinda makes those tech movies where they screw with everything seem real huh. Imagine next time its not a stove...its your PS3, or computer, etc...

m0tl3sl4y3r
25-08-2009, 11:47 PM
I never thought of it as scary, actually that is pretty scary now that I think about it

bharat4ever
26-08-2009, 04:31 AM
on another note, i read somewhere that 960,000 toyota cars are being recalled because of faulty windows... Now that's what i call caring for your customer.

Shak
26-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Wow that is crazy.