PDA

View Full Version : anyone gotten the message about psdeath666?

m0tl3sl4y3r
27-09-2009, 08:42 PM
anyways last night I got this message on PS3 about some hacker on PSN named psdeath666 who has apparently created a virus like program that can destroy your PS3 using images that you download from the message

So I did some research into it and found out that this is absolute garbage and a lot of people have been getting it and it's just spam pretty much
I just wanna know if anyone else has gotten it and if anyone knows if there is an actual account named psdeath666
I know I accidentally sent it off before I did the research and found outr it was just spam but now I'm just not gonna send off anymore of these "chain letters because they're just a load of spam
but has anyone else gotten this and how hard would it be to actually create a virus for the PS3?

Dustin S.
27-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Ever since Sony alllowed the stupid copy and paste feature these messages wont stop. They need to disable it with messaging, leave it for internet.

Ive gotten
-Bungie is making halo for ps3 if you send this
-Infinity ward isnt making COD unless you send this
-Sony is gonna charge for PSN if you dont send this
-HA i can copy and paste send this on !

So many stupid things, its really annoying now.

m0tl3sl4y3r
27-09-2009, 09:31 PM
yeah I know, when did they allow it?

Dustin S.
27-09-2009, 09:33 PM
It was in the minor update before update 3.0, forget what it was. They allowed copy and pasting for the internet browser. Its not needed at all for messaging....Im just waiting for the "forward this to 10 people or get bad luck" messages.

m0tl3sl4y3r
27-09-2009, 09:38 PM
I hate e-mails like that, so many of my friends send me those and I don't even send them because they're garbage and I don't see the point of them
but the only PSN messages I got like that are the one about psdeath666 and some thing about a petition to Sony about trying to get them to try and stop MS from buying all the rights to most games or something like that

Riarwe
27-09-2009, 10:58 PM
I`ve gotten that letter about psdeath666 also, didn`t bother to pass it on though. Also once got a "paint"picture mentioning two Psn names and that those two were bullies and that I shouldn`t add them. Oh well, i`d rather get these than hatemails from Resistance 2 and BF1943 guys lol.

m0tl3sl4y3r
27-09-2009, 11:38 PM
I did pass it on but that was before I realized that it was just spam, but I had something in me that told me it was just spam and I shouldn't pass it on, but I did because I thought it might be real.
it was rather dumb of me I know

RTD31
28-09-2009, 03:20 AM
I thought copy & paste was a good idea untill... my inbox got flooded with spam.

X_Racer1
28-09-2009, 08:44 AM
I haven''t yet because my PlayStation 3 still hasn't had a network connection although I get a bad feeling a few messages may be awaiting me although I have logged in once here with my EU account and nothing was awaiting me, but then again that account no one knows about, it's never even been used in an online game so that might explain the lack of spam, then again how are the spammers getting the names, are they just idiots who play games online and use the list of recently played with people to spam or have they somehow obtained a list of names that are on the PlayStation Network.

Dustin S.
28-09-2009, 12:16 PM
You will start getting them when you start playing, especially if your good. I never got any from any of my friends, if i did id reply "wtf?" Its usually noobs or little kids in online that see you then spam it out everywhere cus "its funny."

There is a way to obtain a list though, because there was some massive spam going around a while ago. ALOT of people were getting it and Sony even came out and said sorry ignore it, we deleted the accounts.

Shak
28-09-2009, 01:08 PM
You will start getting them when you start playing, especially if your good. I never got any from any of my friends, if i did id reply "wtf?" Its usually noobs or little kids in online that see you then spam it out everywhere cus "its funny."

There is a way to obtain a list though, because there was some massive spam going around a while ago. ALOT of people were getting it and Sony even came out and said sorry ignore it, we deleted the accounts.

Yeah I haven't got any, because I haven't been playing online for a while.

Riarwe
28-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Hehe, I got two guys on my list who has the comment "PSN will be free" now lol :P

m0tl3sl4y3r
28-09-2009, 10:47 PM
I thought copy & paste was a good idea untill... my inbox got flooded with spam.

really u get flooded with spam, only 1 guy on my friends list sends me these "chain letters" but maybe I just got pretty lucky in terms of not getting any spam

Jordan
28-09-2009, 11:47 PM
really u get flooded with spam, only 1 guy on my friends list sends me these "chain letters" but maybe I just got pretty lucky in terms of not getting any spam

You're the only one on my friends list I get these from. I've gotten two from you.

Lol.

m0tl3sl4y3r
29-09-2009, 03:18 PM
You're the only one on my friends list I get these from. I've gotten two from you.

Lol.

thats before I knew they were just spam and didn't mean anything, now I know they're just useless, I'm just gonna not send anymore now, the ones I sent were sorta believable though
EDIT: I just got some ridiculous chain mail about if I send the chain mail to 10 other people, I'd get to participate in the MW2 beta, thats a pretty bad one, deleted that before I even read the whole thing

Dustin S.
29-09-2009, 10:35 PM
LOL I got the MW2 one the same day Infinity Ward said there are not going to do any pre launch things haha.

m0tl3sl4y3r
01-10-2009, 10:05 PM
LOL I got the MW2 one the same day Infinity Ward said there are not going to do any pre launch things haha.

I guess the people who sent the message either didn't know or were trying to get attention or just be annoying

Hehe, I got two guys on my list who has the comment "PSN will be free" now lol :P

it's always been free so what do they mean by that?

EDIT: I probably have at least 2 or 3 chain letters in my inbox right now, I haven't been on in a while

I got some message about Sony would charge for internet if enough people didn't get the message