PDA

View Full Version : dream jobs?

m0tl3sl4y3r
09-11-2009, 11:20 PM
for those of us who are still in school, what is your dream job for when u are done school?

For those of us who are done school, are u working your dream job or something close to it?

For me, my dream job is a homicide detective, like those guys u see working on like murder/cold cases

Dustin S.
09-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Going to school for film making, writing and behind the scenes stuff. Im thinking of switching to video game design though, and writing. I enjoy writing alot, the stories etc... People think im crazy when i write a 100 page script because i had an idea and had fun writing it.

X_Racer1
10-11-2009, 12:01 AM
What I am here at school for, web site design (at a large web design company though, where you can specialize in one field and not have design the entire system of a website like the servers to run it, the databases the website uses to store information, etc.) although I wish my program wouldn't have so many stupid elective choices, none of them being relevant to my program whatsoever, I can't even take something media related like radio or film production and we have an entire building dedicated to it.

Jordan
10-11-2009, 12:10 AM
My dream job is to be a studio musician or compose music for film, video games, commercials etc. It's REALLY hard to break into that business regardless of talent often times. Jobs are quit limited. I'm in school for business though.

trediddy
10-11-2009, 12:39 AM
i would really love to be an actor or make videogames

m0tl3sl4y3r
10-11-2009, 01:20 AM
My dream job is to be a studio musician or compose music for film, video games, commercials etc. It's REALLY hard to break into that business regardless of talent often times. Jobs are quit limited. I'm in school for business though.

thats the reason why I wanna do police work, its just so hard to break into the music business, I'm not very good at guitar (yet) but I'm getting better, but its just so hard, especially now with the tough economic situation

but even if I can play in a band when I'm better, that would be cool for me

Dustin S.
10-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Well like they say

If you want to do it, you will do it and nothing will stop you. If your not really into it, then your probably gonna find yourself somewhere else.

They say that because one yeah its extremely hard to get into any entertainment industry. People are gonna slam doors on you and its gonna seem impossible. Two people are gonna say you suck. People do that to me as a writer here everyday, and sometimes it gets to you, but a true performer wont let it affect them.

m0tl3sl4y3r
10-11-2009, 07:27 PM
I enjoy paying music on guitar so nothing will stop me even if I don't get famous