PDA

View Full Version : It's Funny - Has the Internet Destroyed Basic Reading Comprehension

X_Racer1
13-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Kotaku recently posted a rumor (http://kotaku.com/5492429/rumor-ratchet--clank-devs-going-multiplatform) about Insomniac Games possibly going multi-platform with future games, now besides the point a few people pointed out in the comments there was been repeated denials of this happening by Insomniac staff (and as far as I am concerned, they can go multi-platform, they would still publish games for the PS3, so what do we lose) the far more amazing thing is the response in the comments, despite the article specifically saying:

"Despite long ties to the PlayStation brand, Sony doesn't own the studio, so if the team decided to go and make games for the Xbox 360 (or the PC or Wii), there'd be nothing stopping them.

With both the developer's flagship properties, Resistance and Ratchet & Clank being Sony-published titles, don't expect to see them appear on a different system. But Insomniac's next project? If this turns out to be true, it could be developed for as many platforms as the studio's heart desires."

People still exploded saying, awesome, Ratchet and Clank on the 360 or no we are losing exclusive games, apparently some people forget two things, check up on the credibility of the "reliable source" and actually read the whole darn article, I mean honestly, has the Internet devolved almost everyone into nothing more than people who use short forms constantly, extremely bad grammar and have poor reading skills.

Dustin S.
13-03-2010, 09:55 PM
I was going to report about it here, but as of right now its the same rumor that popped up ages ago resurfacing for hits. I mean you read Kotaku, which got it from Gamespot, which got it from IGN. And you notice one thing? Not a single one lists the source, even IGN stated "from trusted sources" and the last time they took that leap of faith we had Sony publicly abusing them about a PSP 2 rumor.

Nick
15-03-2010, 01:25 AM
Meh, I think it's become pretty apparent at this point that they will go multiplatform, but this rumor popping up every other week gets sooooooooo annoying.

SaintAvi
19-03-2010, 06:30 AM
Well, someone from insomniac posted on neogaf a while ago that there wasn't any truth to the rumor, they said something along the lines of

'Didnt we just answer this one?'

slappindabass
24-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Only for the weak minded individuals. The rest of us have only gotten more intelligent

X_Racer1
01-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Well continuing on the stupidity idea, I recently uploaded a video about the new firmware out for release that is going to remove Linux installation. Today I get a comment waiting for my approval that says the following:

stfu **** and play the game with out cheating go play xbox if you want to cheat *****

When I saw that one I just had to approve it and then point out that I never talked about cheating in games and neither had anyone who had posted a comment to date. After that one I've decided to start collecting the bad ones and one day I'll probably end up making a video about them. But you have to wonder, how many people are this stupid thanks to the normal standards of the Internet.