PDA

View Full Version : how safe is paypal?

m0tl3sl4y3r
03-06-2010, 08:35 PM
ok, I have a PayPal account with none of my bank information on it but I wanna know if it safe to put my bank information on it so I can use that online
has anyone had any bad experiences with paypal or is it safe to use bank information with?

Dustin S.
04-06-2010, 01:48 AM
Never had a problem with paypal and its one of the safest ways to buy online period. Your alot better off using paypal to pay for things rather than straight up putting in your card anywhere.

Shak
04-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Very safe, especially for buyers. They are very reliable, just rip you off a little when transferring money, but they are completely legit and don't do anything with your bank info.

X_Racer1
04-06-2010, 10:51 AM
The whole point behind PayPal is they process the transaction so that you don't have to give your credit card info or bank account info to a bunch of third-party companies.

PayPal is a service of eBay and considering eBay to this day is still the largest auction website online and a publicly traded company I would believe it's safe to say it's very safe to use PayPal, if it wasn't why would so many people still be using it then.

maribell7
09-06-2010, 03:32 PM
I had a problem with them, but it's not that they're not safe, quite opposite actually. They suspended my account because suspected fraud. I had to go a long way to unblock it. :/