PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   PlayStation 3 Games (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   M.A.G. Beta Codes (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7545)

SaintAvi 25-11-2009 12:22 AM

M.A.G. Beta Codes

http://playstationlifestyle.net/wp-c...r-image-01.jpg

Hey folks, I've found another fountain of beta keys , this time for MAG
Get em while they are there

http://psnbeta.us.playstation.com/MAG/BetaVoucher.php

Nick 25-11-2009 03:46 AM

Thanks man!

Dustin S. 25-11-2009 04:05 AM

Kudos!

I dont know what to think about it though. In a way its awesome, it has a good idea and the battles are cool.

On the other hand...graphics suck, gameplay is too generic, and i dont know if ill be getting into it yet....its gotta compete with COD and Battlefield i dont thik it will survive

m0tl3sl4y3r 25-11-2009 09:23 AM

sweet thanks Saintavi

I'll have to try it later

giblet75 25-11-2009 11:31 AM

Thanks SaintAvi! I was suffering withdrawal (I was in the beta for a long time and when the beta became pre-order only, I couldn't play anymore. Too bad I had to make space for the BFBC2 beta...that game is too fast for me!

trediddy 25-11-2009 02:01 PM

graphics look sucky on tht pic

but anyways i was too late :(

Dustin S. 25-11-2009 03:02 PM

Yay teamkilling....the guy was just sitting at our spawn killing our team, so i turned around and shot him then tbagged him when he was hurt on the floor. He chased me to kill me again, just turned around and shot him again lmao.

The level designs are extremely basic too, maybe its just a beta, but its really bad. They were always talking about "well teams will be very unique and have these amazing levels" then you get in and its more open than Battlefield.

Game is slow paced to me. I hate respawn times, dont care about the game, i hate them. It took like 15 minutes just to get into a game, something about waiting on a qeue or whatever. Then your going to travel a little ways to get into battle, just to be shot by higher ranked people. Dying sucks more than Battlefield. Im not digging it so far as you can tell.

trediddy 25-11-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin S. (Post 53179)
Yay teamkilling....the guy was just sitting at our spawn killing our team, so i turned around and shot him then tbagged him when he was hurt on the floor. He chased me to kill me again, just turned around and shot him again lmao.

The level designs are extremely basic too, maybe its just a beta, but its really bad. They were always talking about "well teams will be very unique and have these amazing levels" then you get in and its more open than Battlefield.

Game is slow paced to me. I hate respawn times, dont care about the game, i hate them. It took like 15 minutes just to get into a game, something about waiting on a qeue or whatever. Then your going to travel a little ways to get into battle, just to be shot by higher ranked people. Dying sucks more than Battlefield. Im not digging it so far as you can tell.

lol, about the teabagging
this is off topic but since you said you teabagged the guy can you teabag in uncharted and if so how?

Dipchit02 25-11-2009 07:01 PM

yeah i saw that the MAG blog was giving them away and i got one earlier today it is pretty sweet

Nick 25-11-2009 07:23 PM

Yeah, I played this for a few hours, I'm not a big fan. There are some things they do really right, I love how deep the game is before you even get going. The different options and customization is really cool, and really isn't something I've seen any other shooter in this much detail. It just sucks how long it takes to unlock that stuff, it's not like Bad Company 2 or Uncharted where you're unlocking stuff every round.

It just feels really dated and clunky to me. Not being able to throw grenades at a moments notice is a poor design choice, it sucks having to cycle through you're secondary items. Non-regenerating health is lame, especially considering how it only takes a shot or two to kill you.

I actually liked the level design, and I can't wait to see some of the bigger maps. Only two things really got me with that. First, it sucks that all the buildings are essentially just window dressing. Second, I think there's a bit too much foliage, it turns the game into a bit of a camping fest. It could really, really use a kill cam.

Dustin S. 25-11-2009 07:31 PM

@trediddy no you cant do it in uncharted, as you cant kneel down. You can taunt them though, which is better. When you kill someone run to their dead body and press X. The stock one is laugh, but you can get more in the store.

and no kill cam! I cant stand those stupid kill cams, they suck, get rid of them in gaming. Last thing i want is some douch stabbing me in the back and acting cool because he watched the kill cam. Takes no skill at all.

trediddy 25-11-2009 08:14 PM

thats why i like there is no kill cam on uncharted

anyways whats up wit the graphics they look pretty bad

m0tl3sl4y3r 26-11-2009 11:23 AM

I know there's not very much love for the game here on this site but I thought it was pretty cool
the graphics aren't that great I will admit but I like it even with the graphics not being great

X_Racer1 26-11-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0tl3sl4y3r (Post 53234)
the graphics aren't that great I will admit but I like it even with the graphics not being great

I have to agree with you there, from my short time playing the beta so far, even on my unstable connection here, I was more than able to play a game, got in relatively quickly and although the graphics are nothing to shout about but considering it's a beta I don't think it's that bad.

xEN7xASSASSINx 26-11-2009 02:49 PM

MAG is great(apart for my hate due to it crashing my ps3 badly) but its still great despite the graphics, but as said its still beta, and i wouldnt expect crazy graphics with the amount of players!

m0tl3sl4y3r 26-11-2009 02:58 PM

for this game, I can get past the graphics not being great but as xEN7xASSASSInx says, its hard to expect great graphics from a game with this many players
really the only thing I don't like is the load time when you're trying to find a game maybe its just my connection here though

trediddy 26-11-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0tl3sl4y3r (Post 53240)
for this game, I can get past the graphics not being great but as xEN7xASSASSInx says, its hard to expect great graphics from a game with this many players
really the only thing I don't like is the load time when you're trying to find a game maybe its just my connection here though

is it 256 players online in a game?

m0tl3sl4y3r 26-11-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trediddy (Post 53254)

yeah it is, thats probably one reason why I get lag, the other is the internet in residence at school has way to many people on the same server

xEN7xASSASSINx 26-11-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trediddy (Post 53254)

yeah it is! there is a gametype or 2 that arent a full 256

Shak 27-11-2009 02:51 PM

The graphics imo are surprisingly good for being able to support 256 players online. I mean it looks A LOT better than most FPS games.