PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Support (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   no sound!!!!! (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3516)

ernsska 08-11-2008 11:13 AM

no sound!!!!!

please help! i got little big planet and my sound started going in and out. so i deleted all the game data and that did not work. ive tried all the sound options, ive reset to default, ive used multiple tvs and hdmi cables, still no sound. i talked to sony and they want $150 to send it back for repairs. does anybody have any other ideas i may not be thinking of?

Dustin S. 10-11-2008 12:27 PM

What i would do is try using comonent or composite cables and see if it works. If it does what it could be is the plug where yourHDMI goes into the PS3. If this is the case you culd risk messing wit it, maybe clean it or something, and see if it works otherwise your gonna have to send it in to sony.

Other than that i dont really know what it could possibly be.

Khamakhazee 10-11-2008 03:26 PM

Narrow it down. Try other games, movies and such and other connections. Is it only happening in Little Big Planet? Is it only happening on HDMI? Need more information.

Sauberbmw 10-11-2008 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khamakhazee (Post 33736)
Narrow it down. Try other games, movies and such and other connections. Is it only happening in Little Big Planet? Is it only happening on HDMI? Need more information.

hes right, try it with other games/movies/music etc etc and see if you still have sound problems. if not it is probably with your game. if so then the hdmi setup. can you supply more information

ernsska 11-11-2008 07:49 AM

no sound

thanks for the ideas. it started with lbp but moved on to everything. cds movies blurays games videos i dled everything. after spending a whole day messing with cords i called i called sony again and they said they would stand by their product and fix it under warranty. ive got a box coming for it right now. i did want to say thank you for the help.

Reno 11-11-2008 11:52 AM

I have actually had problems lately with my sound as well i think it may be a firmware update that is causing it in some specific models because i was having cracking when i was playing Motorstorm: Pacific Rift but it cut it out after a little while

CautionHead 11-11-2008 01:01 PM

I believe it would be your HDMI cable, instead of outputting sound though HDMI, output though the Analog source. These are what came in the PS3's box, it's exactly the same as the PS2 cable.

Go to settings, then sound, then make it output though those and see if it works. You always want to send it in as a last resort, people can help you if you give it a little while.

Reno 11-11-2008 01:20 PM

I only used analog but i still had my audio cracking problems since i dont have a HDTV no use for HDMI

Sauberbmw 11-11-2008 10:26 PM

well problem solved if Sony is sending you a box. the main cause is probably the sound card inside the system itself and not the actuall cord

ernsska 24-11-2008 02:18 PM

well sony sent me a new 80 gig. i called a tech to see if he could tell me what went wrong and he said it was probably the sound card.

Sauberbmw 24-11-2008 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernsska (Post 34470)
well sony sent me a new 80 gig. i called a tech to see if he could tell me what went wrong and he said it was probably the sound card.

see what did i tell you!! the fact that it went and it affected everything else with different cable right away pointed to the soundcard. they will probably replace it and keep it if they have to replace someone elses system