PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   anyone see the movie Avatar? (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7824)

m0tl3sl4y3r 02-01-2010 03:19 AM

anyone see the movie Avatar?

I thought that movie was great
did anyone else see that movie and if so what was your opinion on it?

Dustin S. 02-01-2010 06:09 AM

Was excited for it, but every single person I know that saw it said the exact same thing

-Amazing visuals
-Too long
-Story isnt anywhere near as good as the visuals

Being me, story comes first, visuals second. So I wont be seeing it til Blu Ray.I did just watch Domino, thats a good movie.

Jordan 02-01-2010 10:21 AM

I've literally went to the movies four times trying to see it but it was sold out before we got there each time. One time we were in line and it sold out. I agree story is way more important than visuals though I've some how never seen anything in 3d. I have no
clue how 3d even looks. Ya, I must be behind with the times. Avatar is going to having to change that.

Jordan 03-01-2010 11:17 PM

Ok I'm gunna double post.

I just got back from seeing it now. Verdict: 8.5/10 Stunning visuals and a pretty good story. Oh, and seeing something in 3D for the first time was so cool. There were certain aspects of the story I thought were cliche and anyone could see coming though. I really felt for the characters and that's one of the most important aspects of a story. Especially a war type movie. Decent movie.

bharat4ever 04-01-2010 01:13 AM

I saw the movie in 3D. Visuals are stunning, sound is awesome, and the story is ok.
But i felt the 3D takes away the brilliance of the colour somewhat. Saw it again in 2D, and was like, the colours are so much more enchanting.

OT --- 200th Post :)

Dustin S. 04-01-2010 01:27 AM

Personally I hate 3D, everytime i see 3d anything i take the glasses off within a half hour becuase it gives me a headache. Ive never really seen anything impressive in 3d either though.

So you guys say the story is cliche and bland then? Like is this movie all about "hey look what we can do" more than anything? I mean the director did do the Titanic afterall...

Jordan 04-01-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin S. (Post 54990)
Personally I hate 3D, everytime i see 3d anything i take the glasses off within a half hour becuase it gives me a headache. Ive never really seen anything impressive in 3d either though.

Ya I know what you mean. It hurt my eyes a bit. In the previews there was this effect which looked like a cat was right in front of me which was amazing. Definitely impressive. Avatar used 3D more so for layering I guess you could say.
Quote:

So you guys say the story is cliche and bland then? Like is this movie all about "hey look what we can do" more than anything? I mean the director did do the Titanic afterall...
Just a bit. Cliche not bland though. The story was good enough to keep interest. It was pretty good and above average for a movie. If there was no hype I'm sure it would be rare for people to say the story sucks.

saxxon20 04-01-2010 05:16 PM

I thought the movie was awesome everything from visuals to the story all around great film.

m0tl3sl4y3r 05-01-2010 06:46 PM

honestly, I liked the story but it went on a bit too long

bharat4ever 06-01-2010 12:18 AM

Story is not bland, but it isn't great too... only the protagonists are different, but the story rings a bell in your mind, you know... have i seen or read a similar story somewhere else...

slappindabass 24-03-2010 06:13 PM

A ****ty storyline surrounded by incredible visuals. deserved to lose best picture to the hurt locker.

Dustin S. 26-03-2010 12:44 AM

Never see this movie twice...worst mistake ever...

m0tl3sl4y3r 26-03-2010 10:01 AM

lol, I was gonna see this movie twice, my friends wanted to see Sherlock Holmes instead so I watched that one