PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   anyone play any instruments? (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6070)

m0tl3sl4y3r 14-07-2009 08:58 PM

anyone play any instruments?

I just wanna know if anyone plays any instruments. If so, who are your main influences or favourite players of that instrument?

Personally, I have been playing guitar for about 2 years now and my biggest influences are: Dave Mustaine, Dimebag Darryl, Alexi Laiho and Slash

SaintAvi 14-07-2009 10:09 PM

I play guitar, favorites include Kim Thayil during his soundgarden years, James and Kirk from Metallica, Kevin 'Noodles' Wasserman from The Offspring and John Frusciante from RHCP

I like their chord progressions, technically sound to

X_Racer1 14-07-2009 10:47 PM

The only instrument I played was the Alto Sax, back in school when it was mandatory to take music or some other arts related program, never was good at it or had the interest to go further with it. So I guess that counts as none since I play none currently.

m0tl3sl4y3r 14-07-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintAvi (Post 45714)
I play guitar, favorites include Kim Thayil during his soundgarden years, James and Kirk from Metallica, Kevin 'Noodles' Wasserman from The Offspring and John Frusciante from RHCP

I like their chord progressions, technically sound to

I love older Metallica

Jordan 14-07-2009 11:12 PM

Your poll should allow for multiple votes!! lol

I play guitar, drums, bass, piano sorta and am confident I can play anything. My biggest influences are probably Jesse Lacey, Anthony Green and Aaron Marsh. They're not technical/fast players by any means but my oh my they can write well. They're my favorite players as well as who i'm most influenced by.

Writing music is my passion.

trediddy 15-07-2009 12:42 AM

i play drums for band at my school

Michal 15-07-2009 12:52 AM

lots of guitarists around here! I use to play guitar when I was younger.. but pretty much lost it now! Would love to get back into it!

m0tl3sl4y3r 15-07-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 45721)
Your poll should allow for multiple votes!! lol

I play guitar, drums, bass, piano sorta and am confident I can play anything. My biggest influences are probably Jesse Lacey, Anthony Green and Aaron Marsh. They're not technical/fast players by any means but my oh my they can write well. They're my favorite players as well as who i'm most influenced by.

Writing music is my passion.

Yeah...I kinda figured that long after I made the poll.....sorry Jordan

Dipchit02 15-07-2009 04:15 PM

i have played the Trumpet since 6th grade if that counts lol :) but i dont really play that much any more

SaintAvi 15-07-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0tl3sl4y3r (Post 45719)
I love older Metallica

I've enjoyed the range of their albums, their sound has evolved nicely over the years while maintaining their hallmarks

m0tl3sl4y3r 15-07-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintAvi (Post 45793)
I've enjoyed the range of their albums, their sound has evolved nicely over the years while maintaining their hallmarks

I like some newer Metallica, but I'm not really into anything after ...and Justice For All, after that album, I would choose something like Megadeth or Slayer but thats just my personal opinion