PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   Nintendo Consoles (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Wii will die now? (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5558)

Dipchit02 04-06-2009 11:08 PM

Wii will die now?

after watching E3 do you think that the fact that both Microsoft and Sony have better "motion controllers" than the Wii will finally kill off the Wii or do you think Nintendo will come out with something new or do you think that people will just buy a Wii because that is the "cool" thing to do now for casual gamers?

X_Racer1 08-06-2009 06:57 PM

Nintenod's showing at E3 was rather weak and they have been struggling to get third party developers on board with good games, while I realize Nintendo has released numerous good titles for Wii, you can't sustain a system on your own software, somebody has to be there to give it some variety. Why do you think there are so many stories of people buying the Wii and after a few months it collects dust and they go out and buy the 360 or PS3. If Nintendo doesn't have anything else major to offer than the console is definitely headed for second or third place this generation. I mean when someone at your own company admits the Wii is being pushed to the limit already you know there's a problem.

Dipchit02 08-06-2009 07:39 PM

it was definately better than their E3 last year though. i think it is just hard to devs to get behind the controls and whenever they realease a "hardcore" game it sells like CRAP

m0tl3sl4y3r 14-06-2009 12:00 AM

honestly, I don't think it will die because of all the casual gamers who buy it's stuff, but I don't think it will get stronger or anything

Dipchit02 15-06-2009 12:49 AM

it will definately be interesting to see what happens though. like how well the PS3 and 360 stuff does and if they see a drop in Wii sales once they get released

m0tl3sl4y3r 18-06-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dipchit02 (Post 42576)
it will definately be interesting to see what happens though. like how well the PS3 and 360 stuff does and if they see a drop in Wii sales once they get released

It will definitely be interesting, I won't deny that

tonzie 18-06-2009 06:30 PM

The fact is, the Wii won't die because of this. People who already have PS3s and 360s will probably buy the motion controllers, but people won't buy these consoles for the motion control. Not only that, but the Wii is still the cheapest console on the market, which is the #1 reason for its great sales. Also, franchises like Mario, Zelda, etc, all sell really well, and those are the only tings that other console companies will never get from Nintendo. Like it or not, the Wii might even sell better now with the demand for motion control getting stronger.

m0tl3sl4y3r 18-06-2009 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonzie (Post 43303)
The fact is, the Wii won't die because of this. People who already have PS3s and 360s will probably buy the motion controllers, but people won't buy these consoles for the motion control. Not only that, but the Wii is still the cheapest console on the market, which is the #1 reason for its great sales. Also, franchises like Mario, Zelda, etc, all sell really well, and those are the only tings that other console companies will never get from Nintendo. Like it or not, the Wii might even sell better now with the demand for motion control getting stronger.

Exactly what Tonzie says, the Wii will always sell may copies, but I wouldn't say that I dislike the Wii

Jordan 18-06-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonzie (Post 43303)

+1

Not to nitpick or be a deuschefag but the 360 is the cheapest. Other than that this man speaks the truth.

Dipchit02 18-06-2009 08:54 PM

yea the 360 is the cheapest but i dont really count the arcade edition as a console anyways. So good pointthere Tonzie

m0tl3sl4y3r 24-06-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dipchit02 (Post 43325)
yea the 360 is the cheapest but i dont really count the arcade edition as a console anyways. So good pointthere Tonzie

not to sound n00b or anything, I don't even know the difference between the different types of 360's

Jordan 24-06-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

You don't consider it a console? I don't see the logic behind this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0tl3sl4y3r (Post 43942)
not to sound n00b or anything, I don't even know the difference between the different types of 360's

Pretty much just hard-drive size and if the hard drive is included at all. I could be mistaken but I think all but the arcade come with a headset. Some have different added bonuses as well.

Dipchit02 24-06-2009 07:37 PM

the arcade doesnt come with the hard drive or headset and basically makes it more expensive than other consoles and still you basically NEED a hard drive to download all the extra stuff these days. The reason that i say it doesnt really count is because i see NO real value in it.

Jordan 24-06-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dipchit02 (Post 43956)
the arcade doesnt come with the hard drive or headset and basically makes it more expensive than other consoles and still you basically NEED a hard drive to download all the extra stuff these days. The reason that i say it doesnt really count is because i see NO real value in it.

hmm, my wii excludes these items as well. Come to think of it so did my old n64, snes and game-cube. I guess those weren't consoles either. A hard-drive isn't necessary depending on what kind of gamer you are anyways. I consider myself a hardcore gamer but I never download downloadable content. I don't enjoy talking on the mic either. The arcade would most likely suit my needs.

X_Racer1 24-06-2009 10:33 PM

The Arcade though still needs a hard drive for certain 360 disc games as they require a hard drive to actually be playable. I don't know the list of titles that require a hard drive, nor do I know how large it is but it's a problem for Arcade owners. Then again the Wii isn't innocent either since if you want to store anything on the console, i.e downloaded songs for Rock Band, Virtual Console games, etc you have to go out and buy an SD card which is easy to lose or break if you have a few of them.

Jordan 25-06-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X_Racer1 (Post 43979)
The Arcade though still needs a hard drive for certain 360 disc games as they require a hard drive to actually be playable. I don't know the list of titles that require a hard drive, nor do I know how large it is but it's a problem for Arcade owners. Then again the Wii isn't innocent either since if you want to store anything on the console, i.e downloaded songs for Rock Band, Virtual Console games, etc you have to go out and buy an SD card which is easy to lose or break if you have a few of them.

Ya I don't think it's a big problem. My girlfriends brother has an arcade and plays many popular titles without the need for a hard drive.

basketcase 25-06-2009 04:20 AM

once the new wii bowling ball accessory comes out, breaking tvs and lamps and skulls.

Dipchit02 25-06-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X_Racer1 (Post 43979)

im not saying that it isnt a console im just saying that the way they are marketing the 360 you need to have a Hard drive i mean the updates alone require you to have memory and i knwo you can buy those little memory cards

Jordan 25-06-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dipchit02 (Post 44045)
im not saying that it isnt a console

Quote:

yea the 360 is the cheapest but i dont really count the arcade edition as a console anyways.

hmmmm

m0tl3sl4y3r 25-06-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 43952)
You don't consider it a console? I don't see the logic behind this.

Pretty much just hard-drive size and if the hard drive is included at all. I could be mistaken but I think all but the arcade come with a headset. Some have different added bonuses as well.

thanks Jordan