PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   PlayStation 3 Games (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Who beat Infamous? (at least once)(Spoilers) (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5478)

Dustin S. 31-05-2009 11:04 PM

Who beat Infamous? (at least once)(Spoilers)

Story is for sure differnt if your good or bad, but who here beat the game yet so we can talk about the epic story? Obviously if you havent beaten the game stay out of this topic unti lyou do so haha.

EIN 02-06-2009 12:57 PM

suggest putting spoiler alert in thread title

but yes... the story is very good. Last twist at the end caught me by surprise in the good ending. Now I have to go an be evil...

Kiri 02-06-2009 08:14 PM

I know you did, Dustin. So lend it to me

EIN 02-06-2009 10:19 PM

Wow playing as Evil actually changes comic cutscenes too. Dindt expect that

TonySoprano 04-06-2009 03:50 PM

Yup! I've beaten it for the first time, and I'm now playing my second runthrough. I must say, the ending is FANTASTIC - much better than I would have expected!

I was already expecting them to do a sequel once I saw all the backstory work they were doing with the comic at http://infamous.ign.com, but now that I've seen the ending, I think it's pretty much a sure thing.

Dipchit02 04-06-2009 03:58 PM

is inFamous as awesome as everyone is making it out to be? and hwo long does it take?

Dustin S. 04-06-2009 05:54 PM

Took me a good 6 hours i think, i got to hard like 3 times but ended up dying near the end so it friggin went back down lol. Good as in gameplay, its so fluent that i just couldnt believe it. They best part of the game is when the two evil sides of the story are fighting each other and you jump in to stop it, you have like 30 guys blowing crap up and all this nonsense going on around you that its just awesome.

SPOILERS!
As for the story i loved it, the ending was mind blowing. However the open ending kinda made me sad in away, games are not like movies, it will take them aa good 1 to 2 years to finally get the sequal out haha. So who knows how long we wait till the story is finished. I dont think i really like the idea of him going back in time though, i liked having the girl he loved and trying to rescuue her but something happens aspect. In the sequal he should find another girl that just helps him and throughout the story they start getting closer, then near the end she should be threatened and choice a save her or choice b dont, and saving her really works. That "choose which building to save" scenerio was amazing.

Dipchit02 04-06-2009 06:26 PM

did you go evil or good? from the sound of it you went good? but is it alot different if you go good rather than evil?

Dustin S. 04-06-2009 07:21 PM

I went good my first time around and basicly the game revolvs around your decisions. At the begining everyone is calling you a douchbag and blaming their problems on you, as you turn into a hero they are moving out of the way for you, thanking you, and jumping in to help fight bad guys. The city literlly changes based on how you play. Then the cutscenes follow what your karma is at the moment, if you make good choices the story goes one way, if you make bad choices the story leans another way.

The more evil you are the mroe the city hates you and the more lop sided the turn is. Its literlly a whole new experience, its like your playing two games instead of just one. Let alone the visuals are a bit differnt too.

Dipchit02 04-06-2009 07:50 PM

yea that is what it sounds like. i saw some video with like cop cars and stuff like if you are a hero do the cops come back and the city becomes less run down? are you going to play it again as evil?

Dustin S. 04-06-2009 08:00 PM

I cant tell you what exactly happens to the city as a hero as it will ruin the story haha. Yes stuff does happen to the city but im not sayin what happens. Also im already starting again as a bad guy, its quite fun having no limits and just blowing up everything haha.

Dipchit02 04-06-2009 08:13 PM

yea did you play the demo at all? cuz that was pretty fun i was just wondering how different the actual game is as in graphics and game play

Dustin S. 04-06-2009 08:21 PM

Graphics its not much differnt. The areas you unlock later in the game are way more in detail and look way more brutal and bigger, but in terms of characters and what not its the same.

Gameplay varies how you play. In the demo it was really full intent, it was just a taste. Like you unlock way massive powers and the city really gets against you or with you and it changes gameplay ALOT. so Demo was a taste of greatness.

Dipchit02 04-06-2009 09:28 PM

so basically gameplay is way more epic than the demo? that is pretty cool i think i might have to get this game but i dont know when i will have the moneyz yet

EIN 04-06-2009 10:28 PM

I just beat the game with both good and evil, and I gotta say I'm a little dissapointed...

SPOILER!!!!!

its the same freaking ending with a different 30 sec ingame voiceover cutscene at the end... kinda cheapens the whole karma aspect of being good or evil...

Dipchit02 04-06-2009 10:33 PM

yeah that is pretty lame you woudl think the endings would be completely different but i dont know how it ends so it could work i guess

TonySoprano 08-06-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dipchit02 (Post 41172)
is inFamous as awesome as everyone is making it out to be? and hwo long does it take?

Yes, inFamous IS that awesome - I'd say it's the best PS3 game of the year so far, and one of the top half-dozen games on the system.

As for the playtime, it's a lot longer than you'd expect, particularly if you're doing all the side missions and hunting for shards, etc. My first completion took me about 20 hours, and I still didn't nab every shard - I'd say you're probably looking at 40-50 hours to get a Platinum trophy on the game.

Dipchit02 08-06-2009 09:11 PM

40-50 hours w/e i can knock that out in a day or 2

TonySoprano 09-06-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dipchit02 (Post 41641)
40-50 hours w/e i can knock that out in a day or 2

Sure, you COULD - but some us like the simple pleasures in life. Like food, and sleep. And not having to pee in a Snapple bottle. :P

I've been playing inFamous for the last couple of weeks, and I still haven't gotten the Platinum yet. Comparing that to a game like, say, the new Terminator, which people were getting the Platinum on in about 5 hours... I'd say inFamous is a pretty good deal! :)

Dustin S. 09-06-2009 08:53 PM

Depends if you purely just jump from main objective and do purely the story, you could easily get awy with it in a day.