PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   PC Gaming (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   StarCraft 2 (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4278)

Nicarlo 24-02-2009 10:41 AM

StarCraft 2

How many of you guys are looking forward to this game?

The first starcraft kept me addicted for a few years with the battlenet stats system and all.

Michal 24-02-2009 03:39 PM

I don't like this addiction nick haha... I'm not gonna let you buy that game if I hear more of these past issues :P

lloyd 24-02-2009 08:34 PM

Lawl. I never played the first one, but I am kind of excited to at least try StarCraft 2.

Nicarlo 25-02-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lloyd (Post 36463)
Lawl. I never played the first one, but I am kind of excited to at least try StarCraft 2.

i dont know if the love for the game would be the same if you never played the first one. I played the old one recently and the graphics arent great but the gameplay is still just amazing.

No official release date on this yet though

lloyd 27-02-2009 02:47 AM

I don't doubt that other people, such as yourself, will enjoy and appreciate the game much more than me. And I'm fine with that. As long as we're all happy customers it's all good :)

maf10s1 13-04-2009 05:34 PM

I can't wait for Starcraft 2 to come out, I just wish Blizzard wouldn't keep pushing the release dates back.

lloyd 15-04-2009 12:34 AM

They haven't given out any release date have they? Thought all the "release dates" were just predictions that the industry made.

tonzie 15-04-2009 08:24 PM

lol it's just been "coming soon" for a couple years hahahaha

Nicarlo 15-04-2009 08:33 PM

yeah.. i hope they release it very soon.. im becoming very impatient

maf10s1 21-04-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lloyd (Post 38646)
They haven't given out any release date have they? Thought all the "release dates" were just predictions that the industry made.

They have given some release dates, but they keep pushing them back, for example they said they would release it Feb 9 of this year, but they didn't, and they also said they would release it Sept 1, but they pushed that back to December, so hopefully this one sticks, if not then StarCraft 2 better live up to the hype.

lloyd 24-04-2009 01:11 AM

December seems like a realistic release date.

machado4 28-04-2009 07:04 PM

I use to love the first one, i wonder what will be different this time?

Nicarlo 28-04-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machado4 (Post 38999)
I use to love the first one, i wonder what will be different this time?

i dont think much will be different. Enhanced graphics and new units. what made the first one so great for me was the custom maps, i hope they keep that feature on this new one to come :)

tonzie 28-04-2009 10:58 PM

I actually just registered all my Blizz games yesterday, and I downloaded the StarCraft client on my mom's laptop that shes letting me use while I wait for my new computer (shh, she'll freak)
I love how Blizzard implemented that way to play their games. The thing is though, I sat down just to play it for a sec, and I remembered how good the game actually was, so I might actually get the second. I'm still iffy though

Dustin S. 29-04-2009 03:27 AM

I still have the first game installed on all my computers and play it at times, its like the sims, you pop it in planning to play a few minutes and the next thing you know your 2 hours late for whatever lol. Learned to NOT play this game before bed haha, I remember one time actually noticing the sun coming up haha.

The second i was so pumped up for but Blizzard is getting really annoying. First they keep delaying everything that isnt WoW....Remember the Starcraft for consoles that got delayed just like this until they finally said screw it and canned it lol. Then there is also Diablo thats getting a sequal soon suposedly too, also being delayed. Then they announce its 3 differnt games. Yes i know 3 complete games yatta yatta, its still together and we still expect it to be together, there better be some kind of discount if you buy one and not 50 for all 3. If there is a discount ill buy it.

Otherwise im looking forward to Diablo and Sims 3 lol. Oh man i cant wait for sims 3! :)

tonzie 29-04-2009 08:00 PM

Haha man, I'm SO with you about that. The three parts to StarCraft 2 is a pretty dumb idea, and I think that that's Activision's influence on the franchise. I'm also with you when it comes to The Sims 3 and Diablo III, I actually re-installed the second Diablo last night so I could get back with the story hahaha. Can't wait for the third, it looks awesome.

maf10s1 29-04-2009 09:12 PM

I'm not sure, but I've heard rumours that Blizzard might push the release date back again, It's only a rumour though, so I think Blizzard will probably keep december release date.

m0tl3sl4y3r 05-05-2009 10:33 PM

the first Stracraft was pretty intense, can not wait for the second Starcraft, hopefully that 1 will be even more intense.

Hopefully they don't keep postponing it anymore

blackwasp 20-06-2009 11:20 PM

StarCraft 2 is going to be off the charts great, I expect great experiences

Dustin S. 30-06-2009 06:17 PM

I dont know if anyone read, but not only are they ripping us off by offering 3 differnt games, now they plan to cut LAN. Blizzard said they are cutting it because its not needed, yet thats one thing that keeps me playing StarCraft 1 and is a HUGE part of PC gaming. I dont know what they are thinkin with that decision....