PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   Microsoft Consoles (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Is Microsoft's strategy working? (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4192)

lloyd 13-02-2009 06:40 PM

Is Microsoft's strategy working?

So, Microsoft's strategy is wait until something is a few months away from being completed to unveil it, like what they did with NXE.

Other than Halo Wars they really have nothing going for them in this years gaming line up, so I'm sure they have a trick or two up there sleeve. My question is, is this working and is it better than Sony's strategy? Sony is much more upfront about what they are working on, so we hear about things long before they come out. I for one prefer Sony's why of doing things, but I want to hear all of your opinions about it.

EIN 15-02-2009 12:43 AM

too early to say, we as consumer know too little about whats going on on both sides of the fence, not to mention Nintendo's ability to make literally ANYTHING ****astic and still manage to crap all over Sony and Microsoft. Microsoft may be holding out for the long run, whearas we might see Sony expire by the end of the 2nd fiscal quarter simply because it overpaced itself early in the year.

Sauberbmw 15-02-2009 12:47 AM

well with current financial markets and consumers spending less, M$ wont release anything big or even rumor it. they will wait until the economy starts to rise before releasing sumthing.

GamerSince76 15-02-2009 09:54 PM

I think we have pretty much seen the best that the 360 has to offer. With Killzone 2 and GoW III coming out the PS3 still has their best games coming out. Look how long Sony supported the PS2. When Sony says their is a 10 year lifespan for the PS3, I believe them. They have proven that.

CASAIS 16-02-2009 11:22 AM

Yeah i got sony's back on this one.I prefer their strategy.I like to know what i'm in for even if it is still a long way off.

SamuraiKyo 16-02-2009 11:38 AM

True

I like Sony's way because then we know what where gonna get, so it will make more exiting. Well thats just me, lol

GamerSince76 16-02-2009 04:20 PM

I would have to say in the long run it's going to bite MS. Too many faulty consoles out there. More and more people are getting fed up and switching to PS3. Also the gap in technology is starting to show. While the 360 looks maxed out graphically, the PS3 is just starting to be tapped into. The gap is going to really widen this year IMHO.

Sauberbmw 16-02-2009 09:46 PM

not only that but developers are also moving to the ps3 and getting used to the new format. with xbox, they are maxed out on what they can develop, but with the ps3, they are just realizing there wildest dreams. the 1 teraflop gap has bitten and re bitten M$ so many times that they are still bleeding.

Dipchit02 04-06-2009 10:54 PM

Personally i like them both i mean i think you should give a years heads up as to what is going on i mean 3 months is not enough time but then what Sony is doing by announcing games that are like still 2-3 sometimes 5 years away is not a good way to go either.

Cueil 18-06-2009 02:16 PM

Microsoft's stratigy is obviously working... especially in the US where they are over double the sales of the PS3. In the Western market their lead is almost 12 million and growing and they feel confident enough to move their sites away from sony and onto Nintendo. Exclusive hard core first pary games are not going to move systems for Sony. They need something HUGE... and they simply doesn't have anything like that. GT use to be there, but I'm not so sure it'll be the same kind of power house it was back during the early PS2 days. We will have to wait and see.