PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   PlayStation 3 Discussion (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What game would you like to have remade for the PS3 (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4141)

lloyd 07-02-2009 07:10 PM

What game would you like to have remade for the PS3

Is there a game you'd like to see remade for the PS3, or maybe a game you would like to see have a sequel made for the PS3?

For me, it would have to be a remake or a sequel to Legend of the Dragoon. I feel in love with the game when it come out and continued playing it for a few years off and on.. There is so much they could do with that world.

machado4 07-02-2009 07:38 PM

The Warriors!!!

machado4 07-02-2009 07:39 PM

Newer missions and bigger world would make that game insane!

ZeroXin 07-02-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machado4 (Post 35924)
Newer missions and bigger world would make that game insane!

Double Post lol Jokes

Back to the Thread, For A remake I'd LOVE to see is Either Breath of Fire IV or My Fav RPG, LEGEND OF THE DRAGOON

EIN 08-02-2009 10:05 AM

Final Fantasy 7

There

I said it

lloyd 08-02-2009 03:45 PM

FF VII? w00t! yeah, i'd love to see it remade too. And FF II, but without Yo****aka Amano working on it, the characters and monsters just wouldn't be the same..

LMAO!!! we have a curse word blocker thingy? thats so cool! the s word is in his name btw.. if you haven't figured it out

ZeroXin 08-02-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EIN (Post 35937)
Final Fantasy 7

There

I said it

AHH Don't bring this Battle to these Forums

Quote:

Originally Posted by lloyd (Post 35970)
FF VII? w00t! yeah, i'd love to see it remade too. And FF II, but without Yo****aka Amano working on it, the characters and monsters just wouldn't be the same..

LMAO!!! we have a curse word blocker thingy? thats so cool! the s word is in his name btw.. if you haven't figured it out

FFII is an awesome game, But Why not any other game beside Final Fantasy (WE HAVE TO MANY FINAL FANTASY TITLES) I want to change mine To Legend of Legaia

lloyd 08-02-2009 04:53 PM

Yeah, there are a lot of FF games out there, because FF has a large fan base that it has awkward over the last 20+ years. It's my favorite game and I think FF VII could benefit the most out of the series by having an update so to speak. With all the other FF's I felt that they portrayed the world that they wanted to even with the technical restraints, but with FF VII i felt that they didn't get it the way they wanted, so if they remake it we can see what they really wanted to show us.

I'm not saying they shouldn't remake other games, I'm simply tossing out the names of the ones i'd like to see. I only want games to be remade if they could actually be improved upon with the next-gen consoles. I love Tenchu 2, Spyro, and other old PS1 titles. But I don't really think they would truly benefit from a remake. Sure they would be great and all, but the old PS1 versions did nothing wrong and didn't feel like it was restricted by the power of the PS1.

EIN 09-02-2009 11:31 AM

FF7 won't be remade, there are too many derivative games off of it already
It might make more sense to redo 8 since they've redone all the FF before 7 onto the PS1 already

lloyd 09-02-2009 04:09 PM

They have already gotten up to that point? thought they still had a few to go. If they do anything with VIII it would probably just be a port to the PSP, or maybe a the second PSP. *shrug* I'd hate to see VIII just have a ported though.

ZeroXin 09-02-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EIN (Post 36023)
FF7 won't be remade, there are too many derivative games off of it already
It might make more sense to redo 8 since they've redone all the FF before 7 onto the PS1 already

See here is where I think you're Wrong, It Only makes Sense for them NOT TO REMAKE FF7, But do another title that Features FF7. Or if they would Just Remake it, that'd be their Best Shot and We should all know with the Web in their Hands around this Whole FF7 Issue it'd be a matter of time we see a New Final Fantasy 7

lloyd 09-02-2009 06:49 PM

If they do make a new FF VII, as in a complete remake of the original, it would most likely come out at the end of the PS3's life cycle. Square has said in the past that a FF VII remake would take about 4-5 years. That is a lot of time and money to spend on a game they have already made. Sure they have done a lot of remakes in the last few years but nothing quite that large and expensive.

The have the original, a prequel, somewhat of a sequel, and even a crappy spin-off. They've got the series covered fairly well. They've drugged FF VII out enough, I think they know that too. Plus Square is trying to go "western" why spend time and money on a more Japanese game like FF VII if they're trying to make most of their money from North America? But hey, Cloud is emo and emo is all the rage these days so he just might fit in.

EIN 09-02-2009 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXin (Post 36046)

See here is where I think you're Wrong, It Only makes Sense for them NOT TO REMAKE FF7, But do another title that Features FF7. Or if they would Just Remake it, that'd be their Best Shot and We should all know with the Web in their Hands around this Whole FF7 Issue it'd be a matter of time we see a New Final Fantasy 7

Punctuation fail :P
I don't understand what you're saying in the context, could you clarify?

lloyd has effectively listed all the FF7 spin-offs, but he omitted a movie, an expanded movie, a cartoon, cell-phone games AND cross overs... Enough FF7 merchandise is out there, believe me. But you're wrong about Squeenix not making any more JRPGs... those will ALWAYS have a die-hard paying fanbase, you cannot wipe them out. Square WILL continue making JRPGs, whether or not a western gaming slant exists

Joshua 10-02-2009 04:54 AM

I want a true Chronotrigger sequel, ChronoCross just sucked

and then I want an updated version of PowerStone, that game was actually pretty fun back in the day

and then I want an updated version of Killer Instinct, done the right way, but if it's gonna be a 360 exclusive then F that

to be honest I would not want to replay FF7 in newer graphics. the story would not hold the same weight since I've already been there. I want something new and fresh. now if they kept the gameplay the same and updated the graphics, but used a new story then I'd be cool with that. like how about revolving around that Zach character that they didn't even really get into, so much potential with that character

EIN 10-02-2009 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshua (Post 36073)
I want a true Chronotrigger sequel, ChronoCross just sucked

and then I want an updated version of PowerStone, that game was actually pretty fun back in the day

and then I want an updated version of Killer Instinct, done the right way, but if it's gonna be a 360 exclusive then F that

to be honest I would not want to replay FF7 in newer graphics. the story would not hold the same weight since I've already been there. I want something new and fresh. now if they kept the gameplay the same and updated the graphics, but used a new story then I'd be cool with that. like how about revolving around that Zach character that they didn't even really get into, so much potential with that character

Crisis Core

lloyd 10-02-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EIN (Post 36069)
Punctuation fail :P
I don't understand what you're saying in the context, could you clarify?

lloyd has effectively listed all the FF7 spin-offs, but he omitted a movie, an expanded movie, a cartoon, cell-phone games AND cross overs... Enough FF7 merchandise is out there, believe me. But you're wrong about Squeenix not making any more JRPGs... those will ALWAYS have a die-hard paying fanbase, you cannot wipe them out. Square WILL continue making JRPGs, whether or not a western gaming slant exists

When I said, "somewhat of a sequel," I was referring to the movie. It's technically a sequel, but not a game, so yeah. Didn't know they made an anime, and do the Cell phone games really count?

I never said they were going to stop making JRPG's, it's what they do and I don't expect them to stop making them in favor of a big sweaty guy shoving grenades up peoples a***s. They're just trying to make their games more appealing to a western gamer, like they've done with FF XII, Infinite Undiscovery, tries with The Last Remnant, (sp) and will most likely do with FF XIII and FF VS XIII. I'm sure there are games im forgetting but you get my picture

Joshua 10-02-2009 04:49 PM

true, Crisis Core, but how about a version for the PS3 with updated graphics. or maybe a story around Sephiroth, now that would be nuts!! :)

EIN 10-02-2009 06:20 PM

NO MORE FF7!!!
Let it pass away with grace, rather than forced to perform like a circus animal till it expires from exhaustion and excrement build-up

TacticalSiN 10-02-2009 11:19 PM

IF I had to choose my first and foremost choice is the FPS Area 51. I loved that game. It was incredible.

lloyd 11-02-2009 03:57 PM

They made a sequel for the next gen consoles didn't they?