PS3Center.net Discussion Boards

PS3Center.net Discussion Boards (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/index.php)
-   PlayStation 3 News (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Kojima:I didn't Plan To Have a Huge Roll In PeaceWalker (http://www.ps3center.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5667)

System 12-06-2009 06:10 PM

Kojima:I didn't Plan To Have a Huge Roll In PeaceWalker

Kojima explains how he dragged himself back into MGS

Read More...

SaintAvi 12-06-2009 06:53 PM

Kojima will always have a role in the MGS series, its practically his baby

Dipchit02 12-06-2009 07:34 PM

he really seems like he wants to moveon though

Dustin S. 12-06-2009 07:37 PM

Only problem is if he does move on, Konami is sitting on his doorstep ready to milk Metal Gear to hell. If he leaves then MGS becomes FF with MGS 14!!!!! The same year MGS13 comes out.

Dipchit02 12-06-2009 07:43 PM

oh yeah they will milk this as long as they can but i dont think he wants to work on them much more but i think he doesnt want to see the series go down hill even more

SaintAvi 12-06-2009 07:56 PM

The only reason Final Fantasy has survived so many iterations is because the quality has remained subjectively high throughout the series history.

Should Kojima leave and the quality of the titles plunge, I'd have to believe so would
sales of the game, should quality of the MGS franchise remain high despite Kojima bowing
out, Im all for more metal gear games.

Look at the zelda games, nintendo made the mistake of licensing the title to philips
I believe and they made that horrible side scrolling zelda, but no one really considers
it part of the normal continuum of games since it wasnt from the real studios
behind the game, leaving Zelda's reputation pretty much flawless

Dustin S. 12-06-2009 08:00 PM

With MGS you can only take it so far before it becomes repetitive, and its almost at that point already. The new MGS should NOT have Solid in its name, its not MGS. If it is then whats stopping them from introducing a new character then calling another MGS Water?

To me FF is doing the same thing, its quality story but still.

SaintAvi 12-06-2009 08:08 PM

The series has continued to innovate with each sequel in my opinion, MGS2 introduced first person mechanics along with a shift in camera, MGS3 introduced a camo system along with survival elements, MGS4 introduced dynamic camo and a more streamlined 3rd person
camera.

Repetitive is a matter of personal taste, personally I've found the series to always be
innovative and an industry leader in the stealth genre as well as industry leaders in
graphics. The new game may be the most radical change yet as it
has promised a different breadth of gameplay hence the subtitle change from tactical
espionage action to lightning bolt action.

Dustin S. 12-06-2009 08:11 PM

Dont get me wrong im a huge MGS fanboy im just saying the series does not have what it takes to be milked the way Konami wants it to be. Kojima himself even said Konami is on him everyday to milk the series because its the only series konami has that makes money. If they would let him venture off onto something new maybe it could do the same thing, but it WONT purely because Konami will be there saying "ok go ahead and try it, while your at it we are gonna milk MGS" which will take from whatever Kojima makes.

SaintAvi 12-06-2009 08:14 PM

Well Kojima will be working on a much more manageable title with Peace Walker, the scale
should be a lot less daunting for him given the platform itll be on leaving him a more
sizable chunk of time to work on his Castlevania game.

Dipchit02 12-06-2009 08:26 PM

you would think that Konami would be like ok you want to go make a new game mr. Kojima? go right ahead since your MGS series did so well we will back w/e you want to do now

Az1zam 12-06-2009 08:27 PM

Kojima + MGS = Can't fail and good sales.

Without him, well, we'll see.

Dipchit02 12-06-2009 08:31 PM

i still think the series will sell well with out Kojima but i dont know if the series will be as great or if it will take a major down turn

Dustin S. 12-06-2009 08:48 PM

According to his comment in this article about Rising he will end up being a big part of Rising too. Who knows though, Rising 2 coming out the same year as a new Solid would be nice, Solid is the one Kojima works on of course.

Dipchit02 12-06-2009 08:58 PM

i dont get why it is called metal gear solid: rising if Solid Snake is not in the game why not just call it metal gear rising.

Az1zam 12-06-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dipchit02 (Post 42305)
i dont get why it is called metal gear solid: rising if Solid Snake is not in the game why not just call it metal gear rising.

Title = Money

I don't know, it's more appealing because of the Solid part? In a way that it sells, so Metal Gear is nothing, but with Solid it's great.

Dipchit02 12-06-2009 09:08 PM

yeah but i mean with out the Solid i assume people would still know what it is and that is still in the same general thing as Metal Gear Solid just with a different guy

Az1zam 12-06-2009 09:10 PM

Metal Gear Raiden? lol

Dipchit02 12-06-2009 09:17 PM

no metal gear rising the last word doesnt need to be the name of the main charcter but they could just call this metal gear rising and then metal gear rising 2

Dustin S. 12-06-2009 09:19 PM

My guess is the sequal to it, there will be one, they will drop the Solid name.