Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 16-06-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
What game do you regret buying this gen?

I'm happy to say that I've been happy with almost all my purchases, minus one.

I did my research and after all the acclaim it got I opted in for the free
limited edition upgrade, the game needless to say was disappointing, the
art style itself was awesome but the challenge just wasnt there.

And now the floor is yours guys
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
either Assassins Creed or Unreal Tournament III becuase i just dont play them that much anymore and i never really got into Assassins Creed at all
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009   #3
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
I would say none because i usually do research on all the games before i buy them

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Medal of Honor Airborne, I still keep it for when I'm really really bored and don't feel like playing a good game like COD
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009   #5
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by trediddy View Post
I would say none because i usually do research on all the games before i buy them
Good man. Respect

I'm dissapointed you didnt like Prince Of Persia SaintAvi, but I agree that the difficulty just wasnt there. The game I regret most is that gawdawful Gundam launch game... though Giant robots would be fun. Nope
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009   #6
PCN Master
Art style was good, but the game felt like it was on autopilot
Old 17-06-2009   #7
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
I loved PoP, but my game is Spiderman 3. Literlly put it up for sale after a day of playing it. Was terrible...
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009   #8
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Condemned 2, Brothers in Arms 2, GTA4, MGS4, and maybe more.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009   #9
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Condemned 2, Brothers in Arms 2, GTA4, MGS4, and maybe more.
how is Gta4 in that list. and what im most shocked about is mgs4 how in the world can you be dissapointed by that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
I loved PoP, but my game is Spiderman 3. Literlly put it up for sale after a day of playing it. Was terrible...
Now that you mentioned it i just remembered i have spiderman 3 and it was terrible
(hope i don't get an infraction for posting back to back, but i couldnt wait for someone else to post)

PS3: It only does everything

Last edited by tonzie; 17-06-2009 at 03:29 AM.. Reason: Double posting.
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009   #10
PCN Master
GTA4 was disappointing for me, I dont regret buying it though, topping Vice City is going to be a challenge, that one just did everything right
Old 17-06-2009   #11
SignOfZodiac
I would have to say SK?TE 2, because I am a skater and I was expecting a lot more from this game.
Old 17-06-2009   #12
Staff
PSN ID: tonzie
Quote:
(hope i don't get an infraction for posting back to back, but i couldnt wait for someone else to post)
No worries trediddy. Just edit your post next time to add new content. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAvi View Post
GTA4 was disappointing for me, I dont regret buying it though, topping Vice City is going to be a challenge, that one just did everything right
To be quite honest, I feel as though San Andreas would be the one to beat. Huge open world, not confined to a city, know what I mean?

I think the most disappointing game I have ever purchased this gen would be Haze. Thing is, I bought it after all the reviewers sunk it. Sometimes there is that one jewel that didn't get the respect it deserves, Haze however is not that jewel.
tonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009   #13
PCN Master
San Andreas had the better tech with graphics and inclusion of planes (sky diving into the ocean was cool)

But Vice to me had the better setting, story and feel with its whole tropic vibe
Old 17-06-2009   #14
Staff
PSN ID: tonzie
Point well proven, maybe Rockstar should think about mixing the best of both worlds. I'd buy it, and maybe even keep it this time. Hahaha.
tonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009   #15
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
In my view Vice City was the only GTA that got me back into it. I didnt like GTA 3 and i didnt like GTA San Andreas. I was little eery about buying GTA4, but i did and was semi proud of it. Still wasnt anything like Vice City to me though. Cant beat Thommy Vercetti!

MGS4 though! Why is that even in this topic! lol
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009   #16
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
how is Gta4 in that list. and what im most shocked about is mgs4 how in the world can you be dissapointed by that
I didn't enjoy the games. I thought I might so I bought them but didn't. Simple enough.

Last edited by Jordan; 17-06-2009 at 01:42 PM..
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009   #17
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond

Kinda got sucked into this one by a bunch of things... I just got my PS3 in June for MGS4, and was craving for a new game. Now, I'm one of those Dreamcast fanatics that was absolutely blown away by SC1 back in 1999, played it for hours upon hours with my friends.

SC4 had great graphics, multiplayer, and a lot of nostalgia riding on it. While it wasn't a bad game, it did disappoint me, my biggest one so far.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009   #18
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
In my view Vice City was the only GTA that got me back into it. I didnt like GTA 3 and i didnt like GTA San Andreas. I was little eery about buying GTA4, but i did and was semi proud of it. Still wasnt anything like Vice City to me though. Cant beat Thommy Vercetti!

MGS4 though! Why is that even in this topic! lol
i liked 3 and VC and then SA was really just way to big for me there were to many places that had NOTHING in them so what was the point. GTA IV was arlight it wasnt my favorite and i was a let down by it but at first it was like THIS IS AWESOME then a week or so later it was like ok i have done everything now im bored
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009   #19
PCN Master
Order of greatness in GTA 3d so far for me is

Vice>San Andreas>GTA4>GTA3
Old 17-06-2009   #20
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
The one I regretted was Army of Two, it cost me $50 and that game isn't worth near that much, you spend half your campaign taking care of your dumb computer AI teammate or watch him act totally stupid when you're down, it's absolutely frustrating and the online is laughable, it always lags, and there is plenty of disconnects and they are still making another one which blows my mind. Thankfully, I learned one thing from this game, I'm never trusting what one of my online friends says about a game again. I'll stick to good old reviews and game demos. Funny thing too is, I'm not a huge fan of MGS4 either, I don't necessarily regret buying it, since I only paid $30 for it, but it's definitely not one of my favorite games.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 30-10-2010 at 10:24 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote