Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > General Chat > Off Topic
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 18-12-2009   #1
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
What is your cell phone network

mine is verizon

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
mines Telus
Old 18-12-2009   #3
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0tl3sl4y3r View Post
mines Telus
who is telus

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009   #4
PCN Master
I think its a Canadian only company..I could be wrong though
Old 18-12-2009   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Telus is indeed Canadian only, same with my provider Bell Mobility.
Old 18-12-2009   #6
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
im with o2 :) a UK company :P not sure by they might be at&t but the UK version cant be sure of this though
Old 18-12-2009   #7
PCN Master
It appears O2 is just a name for Telefonica Europe which is part of the larger Telefonica company. No association it seems to AT&T.
Old 18-12-2009   #8
Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by xEN7xASSASSINx View Post
im with o2 :) a UK company :P not sure by they might be at&t but the UK version cant be sure of this though
Same here, O2 is by far the best network in UK, has the most coverage and best deals
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009   #9
1337 Sauce
Verizon
saxxon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009   #10
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Rogers.

Best coverage in Canada.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2009   #11
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
Telus is indeed Canadian only, same with my provider Bell Mobility.
thanks for clarifying
Old 18-12-2009   #12
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
It appears O2 is just a name for Telefonica Europe which is part of the larger Telefonica company. No association it seems to AT&T.
ahh its just because iphone went at&t there and o2 here
Old 06-01-2010   #13
PCN Member
PSN ID: snakes_pit
Rogers wireless, Canada's only GSM network, and the best coverage
Snakepit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010   #14
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakepit View Post
Rogers wireless, Canada's only GSM network, and the best coverage
Not exactly, while Rogers does indeed operate the only true GSM network compatible with all GSM phones, the new network launched by Bell and Telus, the HSPA network is backwards compatible with more recent GSM phones, hence why the iPhone 3G/3GS, recent GSM Blackberry's, etc are now available on Telus and Bell and Rogers future network upgrades are heading the same route as well.
Old 06-01-2010   #15
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
I have Verizon, the best service we have.

Tired of the stupid At & t ads...They get all mad about Verizon ads saying its "false advertising" then get proven wrong in court, so they turn around and borderline false advertise Verizons network. For anyone wondering, we can indeed browse the internet, email, and all the other crap while talking on the same phone, and the only time AT & T will get that much faster speeds than Verizon is if your sitting next to a tower.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010   #16
PCN Master
Well there's something the Canada and the U.S have in common, cell phones companies that lie, in our case Rogers got b**ch slapped a few weeks back by Telus into removing advertising claiming they had the most reliable network, then Rogers turned around and sued Bell Mobility in court for the same reason, in the end both Rogers and Bell removed their advertising, the difference being Rogers had a lot more ads pushing this (to the tune of 3 million dollars) where Bell was estimated to only have 10% of their ads touting this which from personal experience sound about right, I would always see Rogers ads with this, never saw a Bell ad with it.

On a slightly unrelated note in terms of which network is better I base this off what my friends and family have experienced with Rogers since I've only had Bell/Virgin Mobile, the worst carrier up here is Rogers in terms of coverage and customer service (based off personal readings and watching the unanimous conclusion everyone I pretty much know that has Rogers comes to, my cousin will be ditching them the minute her contract is up), the best is up for debate since technically you can say most of the wireless carriers up here are all the same, they either run off Bell/Telus or the Rogers networks, personally Bell is a pain in the a** to call for assistance (hooray for support lines from India) but they have good coverage and I'm not familiar with the others (Fido doesn't count since that is just owned by Rogers and is rebrand, same applies for Koodoo Mobile (Telus) and Virgin Mobile (Bell) and all other carriers in Canada are just MVNO's).

As for the U.S from what I hear Sprint can be considered the worst or AT&T, depending on area and the phone you are using.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 06-01-2010 at 04:26 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010   #17
SuperStaff
Yeah the thing is though, Verizons network isnt lying. They just state they have the biggest and best coverage across the country, while AT & T only covers some major regions, like Cali, and their network isnt as reliable on 3G. AT & T took Verizon to court stating it was false advertising, the court turned around and said "nope Verizon is right, and they can keep doing it" so AT & T lost money lol. Now its non-stop "well AT & T can do this and Verizon cant!" (BTw i actually think they are sprint now?)

I do the same thing, judge off experience etc...I had AT & T before, it sucked. I went to Verizon, and while its more expensive, its by far the best service their is. I walk around and my friends are wondering how the hell I have service, even in the middle of no where during a storm one time, and they have to walk around the room looking for service. As for whats the worsed, its by far Cricket (at least here) they have the absolute cheapest service but you wont get a signal anywhere. you drop calls if your roaming, you signal decreases by like 3 bars just by walking inside etc...
Old 06-01-2010   #18
PCN Master
Well it's not great in terms of pricing up here, my current cellular plan is a special "student" plan and includes a 3 year commitment to using Bell, a Blackberry Curve 8330 (but I didn't get the phone for free either, it still cost another $100), unlimited data usage (but only on the phone itself, I can't use it as a modem for a computer), 200 local anytime minutes, free local calling between 6pm and 7am, free and unlimited local and long distance calling and text messaging to 10 phone numbers of my choice, any numbers I call outside my 10 numbers or my allocated minutes carries a charge of 35 cents a minute and any text messages I send to phones outside my 10 numbers carriers a 15 cent charge.

The plan itself costs $50 a month but then you have to add the system access fee $8.95 and the 911 fee which is 75 cents plus applicable taxes and my plan as long as I don't do anything not included with it costs me $67.47 a month.

By compairson since my plan is students only and no longer available anyway the best you can currently get from Bell as an average citizen wanting a Blackberry is a minimum of $50 a month and includes nowhere near the features I have with the amount I'm paying. Rogers is around the same $50 mark and Telus I can't be bothered into looking into.

Although I have to say you weren't joking about Verizon being expensive, I mean their Blackberry plans start at $79.99 and other than the fact you get 250 more minutes and free calls to any Verizon customer it's basically the same as Bell, even a basic cell phone plan is $39.99 unless I'm missing some amazing plan listed on their website.
Old 06-01-2010   #19
PCN Master
you have to pay that much?
thats why I'm glad I just use a pay as you go plan where I just get an airtime card whenever I need more time on my account
which I guess has its downsides as well but I go a while where I don't use it that much
Old 06-01-2010   #20
SuperStaff
Its like 40 to 50 bucks for my phone. It has unlimited data, txt, and minutes. I own a Dare, not a Blackberry. For anything Blackberry its like an added 30 dollars because you HAVE to have unlimited data plan and some other things, but living in Arizona I will never own a Blackberry after what happened with the Coyotes.

Im on a family plan though. Its 4 phones, unlimited everything, and its like 120 bucks. The nice thing about Verizon is free upgrades every two years, or you can get a new phone at sale price after one year, but I still love my phone.

and wtf is up with the 911 fee...phones that have absolutely no service here can still call 911 anywhere. They connect to the closest network as an emergency.