Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 02-10-2009   #1
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
Brutal Legend demo

Just played it. Let me preface this by saying I'm a HUGE Tim Schafer fan, loved Monkey Island, Full Throttle, etc.

I thought the gameplay was kinda basic, but it was varied well enough to keep it interesting. No jump button kinda threw me off a little.

But none of that matters, as the game still delivers in terms of charm and humor. I think the premise of the game is really awesome and they pull it off just right. The writing is already amazing, and I think it's a testament to Tim Schaffer's skill that he can make even Jack Black funny for me.

Definitely will pick up the game before the end of October, though probably not day one(Uncharted and others will do a great job of taking up my time).
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
It was terrible, pretty sure i wont be buying this now...not like i expected much.

just kidding i wanted to get you wild up ;)

Last edited by Dustin S.; 02-10-2009 at 05:12 PM..
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
I tried it and thought it was just alright from what I saw, after all the allusions to Zelda it made I think it buckles when compared.

I'd like to see the combat refined a smidge, it just doesnt feel as fluid as it should be
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #4
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Done playing and this is one of the sickest games ever! Just for the fact that its completely based on Heavy Metal and Rock roots of music! Right from the menu its so sick and any rock fan will love this!

The beginning is funny as hell and so true, the band thinks they are all badass then he sings like a whiny kid haha. I think that too "rock is doomed" when i hear it. The cussing, Jack Black, all of it is friggin cool. I think there are some aspect that can be fixed but I wish this brings back rock and heavy metal to mainstream!
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Yeh the aesthetic and humor are awesome, one of the most original I've seen in a while.

Love the menu to.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009   #6
PCN Member
PSN ID: Riarwe
I really like the humor in the game and the fact that loads of rock songs is in the game just makes it all the better.

Brutal legend got it first score on metacritic now and it`s from IGN and they gave it 90.
Riarwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009   #7
Playstation ZEALOT
PSN ID: Cyphers_Lock
Seeing as how I picked it and EA (tards!) aren't sending it, it is a first day buy for me