Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 04-07-2009   #21
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
LOL Im actually the same way. I have a couple friends with 360's all of them at least once were like "cant play i had to send in my xbox, it had RROD" and i told them to get a PS3 and still wouldnt allow it. One friend has already had it happen 2 or 3 times and still plays it, i dont know why. I love PlayStation but if my PS1, PSP, PS2, or PS3 was constantly breaking id own an Xbox the next day.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #22
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
oh yea i agree with you ont that Dustin if my PS3 was that bad i would have a 360 in like no time at all. but this is my favorite story to tell people so my one friends has a 360 and would always give him a hard time about the failure rate and stuff and was like well you should jsut get a PS3 because it wont break and you 360 will. and then one day we were playing games in my room he brought his 360 over and all of the sudden i hear umm yeah i cant play anymore, I am like why then he just points to the 3 red lights it was WONDERFUL and i laughed and continued to play my non broken PS3
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #23
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
once they buy a few games they are pretty stuck unless they wanna take the hit rebuying
any multiplatform titles, they pretty much are stuck
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009   #24
PCN Master
yeah but you could always sell you old games and then get the other system if you were having problems or w/e
Old 05-07-2009   #25
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
LOL Im actually the same way. I have a couple friends with 360's all of them at least once were like "cant play i had to send in my xbox, it had RROD" and i told them to get a PS3 and still wouldnt allow it. One friend has already had it happen 2 or 3 times and still plays it, i dont know why. I love PlayStation but if my PS1, PSP, PS2, or PS3 was constantly breaking id own an Xbox the next day.
what would you do if on the next day u got an xbox the xbox broke down

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009   #26
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Haha well its time to go back to PC gaming ;). If that happened id have the worse luck in the world. The only console i had break on me was my PS2 and the only problem it had was it would play DVD movies and annoyed me, plus i was getting 150 bucks back from Bestbuy as there was a price drop and i was returning under warrenty.

Leaving all my PlayStation games behind to go exclusive to Xbox would be the hardest thing in the world though. So i can somewhat understand peoples decisions to stick with Xbox even when it breaks 3 times.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009   #27
PCN Addict
ive never really been into pc gaming

Old 06-07-2009   #28
PCN Master
yea i used to do PC gaming for like the sims and stuff like that but never really for shooters and stuff i always just used those on my console
Old 07-07-2009   #29
PCN Addict
the only thing about pc gaming is if you have a game where you connect to other ppl you are vulerable to get a virus

Old 07-07-2009   #30
PCN Master
I'm gonna say no thats incorrect Trediddy, in the remote event of someone even being remotely skilled to engineer a virus capable of being delivered via matchmaking protocols in a video game while still getting the game to even launch after being tampered with, Im sure a hacker of that caliber has bigger fish to fry than pestering some kid playing team fortress

Last edited by SaintAvi; 07-07-2009 at 05:08 AM..
Old 07-07-2009   #31
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
My 60 gig wouldn't read discs after a year and a half. I sent it back to sony and got a refurbished 60 gig which has had no problems. 1 defect in 3 years isn't to bad though I was unlucky as it is pretty uncommon for a ps3 to break.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #32
PCN Master
Jordan did you have to pay anything? because doesnt the PS3 only have a one year warranty on them?
Old 07-07-2009   #33
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Hmm no I didn't have to pay anything. I might have gotten the dates mixed up. Come to think of it I bought it in the summer of 06 and it broke in january. For some reason I thought it was january of 08. My bad.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #34
PCN Master
lol ok then i was going to say cuz my friend had his break then he looked into it and it had a one year warranty and it is like 160 buck or something to get a refurb and he doesnt seem to key on that idea
Old 07-07-2009   #35
PCN Master
I remember a friend had a problem with his PS2, he told them he didnt remember when he purchased it and they fixed it for free :D

Hopefully itll work for one of you guys if you are unfortunately in a similar situation
Old 07-07-2009   #36
PCN Master
so just call and tell them you dont remember when you bought it and you might it fixed for free? that doesnt make sense i would think that they would make you prove date of purchase if they are doing it for free
Old 07-07-2009   #37
PCN Master
It may not make sense but that does not change that it happened
Old 07-07-2009   #38
PCN Master
oh yea im not debating that it worked or not im just saying i would have thought Sony would want proof of when you bought it. but i will tell my friend to try to next time i talk to him.
Old 08-07-2009   #39
PCN Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAvi View Post
I'm gonna say no thats incorrect Trediddy, in the remote event of someone even being remotely skilled to engineer a virus capable of being delivered via matchmaking protocols in a video game while still getting the game to even launch after being tampered with, Im sure a hacker of that caliber has bigger fish to fry than pestering some kid playing team fortress
im talkin about games you download on the computer cuz my cousin downloaded a game and after a couple months the computer got a virus same happened wit my computer

Old 08-07-2009   #40
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
I find that strange that a virus would only strike after a few months after installing the game, if the game really caused it, it should happen immediately, it might just have been you got an infection from somewhere else on the Internet and your cousin's infection was simply a co-incidence under similar circumstances.