Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form
 



Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009   #1
"The New Guy"
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
Posts: 7
PSN ID: XxHsHLeaderxX
.::Ps3 Didnt Sell More than Xbox360~Black Friday::.

Why didnt the ps3 sell more than the darn Xbox? its emberrassin how microsoft's Ad's actually work as much as they intend them to, i just think people need to realize that if you want a better Gaming System, in reality its the Ps3, BUT if you buy an Xbox b.c you like something about it or.. you feel its better for your taste, then go for it no more fanboys being in denial that "Xbox is so much better" even if the proof is in there face.

PlayStation 2 203.1K <------The Ps2 is still in the race =o
PlayStation 3 710.4K <------Good Improvement
PSP 293.9K <---------Sweet
Xbox 360 819.5K <--------Nice
Wii 1.26M <------------ OMFG :O
Nintendo DS 1.70M<------- Nintendo is Raping -.-

Total Income

Microsoft $163,900,000 (Estimate)
Sony $306,905,000 (Estimate)
Nintendo $541,000,000 (Estimate)
__________________
Picture is too large for signature ~ Dustin
Mr.Funneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #2
Staff
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,280
Main reason I think is due to the XBL bannings, but this is the US we're talking about. It's MS home territory, so it would of course be difficult for Sony to beat MS. But not to worry, Sony had a significant improvement over last year (when they sold less than 400k in November), whereas the 360 actually sold about 20k less.

It's also important to note that Walmart isn't included in NPD.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #3
PCN Senior
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: glasgow
Posts: 360
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
its all close to xmas remember! and alot of young ones are like 'oooh 360 please' but it is what it is, thats still a great result for sony sales!
__________________
i am a creative genius
xEN7xASSASSINx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #4
PCN Addict
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Posts: 776
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
but sony is still getting more money since they have more systems
__________________
http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/tr/...DDY97/card.png

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009   #5
PCN Senior
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Trenton, Canada
Posts: 371
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Funneh View Post
its emberrassin how microsoft's Ad's actually work as much as they intend them to,
Can you explain what you mean by this? I'm having trouble grasping what you're saying.

Quote:

i just think people need to realize that if you want a better Gaming System, in reality its the Ps3)
Well that's subjective.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #6
SuperStaff
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,118
PSN ID: soldierone
Another reason is Xbox kept undercutting the price randomly since black friday. At one point the Elite was 50 dollars cheaper than PS3 for like a week. Then they took third party games like MW2 and made it seem like xbox exclusives.

Like stated walmart isn't counted in it. Amazon and Walmart went at it hard with PS3 sales, so you gotta add quite a few more thousand on top of it. Of course xbox too, but I think PS3 has the edge if Walmart is counted.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #7
PCN Master
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,665
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
I'm going to point out three things, if you're going to list statistics, list the source of the statistics so at least forum members can view them, next time don't use strange characters in the thread title, the title "The PS3 Didn't Sell More Than the Xbox 360 on Black Friday" is a much more appropriate title and I must agree with Jordan, saying the PlayStation 3 is the better choice and XBOX fanboys are wrong is extremely subjective, the XBOX 360 does have things that are appealing and good about that console, it all comes down to personal choice and for me I liked the sound of some of the future PlayStation 3 games so I chose the PS3 but at the same time I'm not going to deny the 360 has great features just because I already chose my console.

Also I have to call out your analysis that the XBOX 360 ads are the reason the console is selling, if ads were the reason the PlayStation 3 should be winning just because of sheer volume since I've seen a grand total of 1 XBOX 360 ad this entire holiday season, the PlayStation 3 ads however I've seen on countless occasions and not just on T.V, even on Global TV's website while watching online episodes of shows like House the PlayStation 3 ads have aired.
__________________
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/v...ignature17.png
Some say he has a long signature and long posts, all we know is he's called X_Racer1.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 12-12-2009 at 07:51 AM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #8
PCN Master
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,527
PSN ID: Dipchit02
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
Also I have to call out your analysis that the XBOX 360 ads are the reason the console is selling, if ads were the reason the PlayStation 3 should be winning just because of sheer volume since I've seen a grand total of 1 XBOX 360 ad this entire holiday season, the PlayStation 3 ads however I've seen on countless occasions and not just on T.V, even on Global TV's website while watching online episodes of shows like House the PlayStation 3 ads have aired.
i have seen quite a few ads with the family playing together and the tag line i think is "more fun time" which would appeal to the parents as a family machine but i do think that i have seen more PS3 ads and i do like the PS3 ads better i think they are more comedic. I think he makes a good point about alot of people not looking at the system to choose which to buy they just see the commercials and say yeah that sounds perfect, i feel that alot of the people that do buy the 360 are buying them because A. more friends have it B. their commercials C. Halo D. Live (just hear that is SOOOO much better when i feel like they are pretty much the same now), instead of just going out and looking at the facts they just assume. Each person has different needs but to me it doesnt make sense to buy a 360 over PS3 but that is because i like the PS3 better
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #9
PCN Senior
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Trenton, Canada
Posts: 371
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipchit02 View Post
i have seen quite a few ads with the family playing together and the tag line i think is "more fun time" which would appeal to the parents as a family machine but i do think that i have seen more PS3 ads and i do like the PS3 ads better i think they are more comedic. I think he makes a good point about alot of people not looking at the system to choose which to buy they just see the commercials and say yeah that sounds perfect, i feel that alot of the people that do buy the 360 are buying them because A. more friends have it B. their commercials C. Halo D. Live (just hear that is SOOOO much better when i feel like they are pretty much the same now), instead of just going out and looking at the facts they just assume. Each person has different needs but to me it doesnt make sense to buy a 360 over PS3 but that is because i like the PS3 better
Well you have to look at things more objectively. Seriously. Your A through D reasons are perfectly valid reasons for buying a 360 with A and C being the biggest.

A: Playing with real life friends is funner, and creates a social experience. This should be one of the biggest factors when choosing a system in my opinion.

C: If someone likes Halo and wants to play it I'd fully recommend them buy a 360. I never got into Halo but I can't deny it's a great game that a lot of people enjoy. Again, huge factor in choosing.

Now with the PS3 being my console of choice in mind I'll give you some more benefits of the 360. Arguably better controller, better INITIAL cost (Live will change this if you have it over the years), other great exclusives, cross game voice chat among others.

Now for me the PS3 is a better investment but for others it may be the 360. You're basically taking hits at them for having effective marketing, though I don't think it's their commercials alone that drive sales. I don't think the average consumer can go wrong when buying either a 360 or PS3 and if they only use commercials to base their purchasing decision I don't see anything wrong with that.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #10
PCN Addict
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Posts: 776
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Well you have to look at things more objectively. Seriously. Your A through D reasons are perfectly valid reasons for buying a 360 with A and C being the biggest.

A: Playing with real life friends is funner, and creates a social experience. This should be one of the biggest factors when choosing a system in my opinion.

C: If someone likes Halo and wants to play it I'd fully recommend them buy a 360. I never got into Halo but I can't deny it's a great game that a lot of people enjoy. Again, huge factor in choosing.

Now with the PS3 being my console of choice in mind I'll give you some more benefits of the 360. Arguably better controller, better INITIAL cost (Live will change this if you have it over the years), other great exclusives, cross game voice chat among others.

Now for me the PS3 is a better investment but for others it may be the 360. You're basically taking hits at them for having effective marketing, though I don't think it's their commercials alone that drive sales. I don't think the average consumer can go wrong when buying either a 360 or PS3 and if they only use commercials to base their purchasing decision I don't see anything wrong with that.
why do you say better controller for 360
__________________
http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/tr/...DDY97/card.png

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #11
SuperStaff
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,118
PSN ID: soldierone
Quote:
Now with the PS3 being my console of choice in mind I'll give you some more benefits of the 360. Arguably better controller, better INITIAL cost (Live will change this if you have it over the years), other great exclusives, cross game voice chat among others
I know you said "arguably" so I wont mention the controllers. However, now that they have price cuts I would think PS3 even has the better initial cost too? For one if you visit just one more store than usual you will find a PS3 bundled with a game at no extra cost. If your factoring in the Arcade version then all the 360 features are useless, I say that because Ive personally looked into buying one since its so cheap. Turns out...its not so cheap. Plus like I said to all the fanboys. If "cross game chat" is worth 50 bucks a year...all the power to ya....

Facing the truth its because MS knows how to control America (well in most industries...lol) They target the right areas with ads, brag about all the players and how "YOUR friends" have an Xbox, and make it seem special. That and its "american made, so im buying it!" is everywhere. Yes...ive heard people say "support america and stop supporting that chinese crap" lol....Microsoft is a household name here, Xbox has Microsoft on it, people look to it. While PlayStation is household name too, right now its seen as the more fancy console that people will just cherish wanting, not getting.

I just find it funny because according to the curse, this wasnt supposed to happen till the 4th version lol. Everygame does fine until the 4th game, PS3 was supposed to dominate, PS4 was supposed to fall in sales! Of course MGS4 is a sign of hope.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #12
"The New Guy"
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
Posts: 7
PSN ID: XxHsHLeaderxX
"Subjective"
alrighty, listen i have already stated that when it comes down to down right Effectiveness and/or more bang for your buck, its the Ps3, BUT if people buy it b.c they think its more fun or it looks better, fine i wont argue with that, but the fact that people try to talk smack on the Blu-Ray saying "HD DVD is better" is down right ignorance,

[To X_Racer] Also, MC isnt selling more b.c of ads, the ads surely help alot more, but when it comes down to it MC is defenetly more AD succesfull then the ps3, All the Commercials of Best Buy or Walmart or even Gamestop (to name a few) have people telling to buy MW2 or AC2 for the Xbox, and not 1 word about the Ps3, Even when i get magazines from the sunday paper, it shows 10 Xbox Games and 3-4 Ps3 Games, The Xbox,
More Proof Needed? i think not

*Edit*
And I NEVER said the Xbox is a bad choice, u cant go wrong buying either of them, the Ps3 in the end is more worth the money coming out of your pocket.
__________________
Picture is too large for signature ~ Dustin

Last edited by Mr.Funneh; 12-12-2009 at 12:17 PM..
Mr.Funneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #13
PCN Addict
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Posts: 776
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Funneh View Post
"Subjective"
alrighty, listen i have already stated that when it comes down to down right Effectiveness and/or more bang for your buck, its the Ps3, BUT if people buy it b.c they think its more fun or it looks better, fine i wont argue with that, but the fact that people try to talk smack on the Blu-Ray saying "HD DVD is better" is down right ignorance,

[To X_Racer] Also, MC isnt selling more b.c of ads, the ads surely help alot more, but when it comes down to it MC is defenetly more AD succesfull then the ps3, All the Commercials of Best Buy or Walmart or even Gamestop (to name a few) have people telling to buy MW2 or AC2 for the Xbox, and not 1 word about the Ps3, Even when i get magazines from the sunday paper, it shows 10 Xbox Games and 3-4 Ps3 Games, The Xbox,
More Proof Needed? i think not

*Edit*
And I NEVER said the Xbox is a bad choice, u cant go wrong buying either of them, the Ps3 in the end is more worth the money coming out of your pocket.
actually ubisoft signed a deal with sony saying that they would show ACII for ps3 and thats wut happened theyre not showing it for xbox and if they show both ps3 is in the front
__________________
http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/tr/...DDY97/card.png

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #14
PCN Senior
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: glasgow
Posts: 360
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
yeah they both have there advantages and disadvantages, but if you look at it as a whole the ps3 is clearly 'better' and worth the money more, i mean yes the controllers are argued upon but you cant deny that the ps3 batteries last longer and are simpler to charge rather than the battery pack and batteries, and also you have to pay for live as mentioned, but dont forget people are beggining to prefer 'wireless' as a whole, and yet again for a 360 you must pay for a wireless extension <and i could go on but anyway.. the point is yes alot of us think the ps3 is better or we wouldnt have bought one?(unless you own both) but microsoft know how to make money and thats why they sell, its that simple.. and at the end of the day ALL sales boost during these weeks, sony still did well, in a month or two ps3 will start seeing higher sales again :)
__________________
i am a creative genius
xEN7xASSASSINx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #15
"The New Guy"
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
Posts: 7
PSN ID: XxHsHLeaderxX
Quote:
Originally Posted by xEN7xASSASSINx View Post
yeah they both have there advantages and disadvantages, but if you look at it as a whole the ps3 is clearly 'better' and worth the money more, i mean yes the controllers are argued upon but you cant deny that the ps3 batteries last longer and are simpler to charge rather than the battery pack and batteries, and also you have to pay for live as mentioned, but dont forget people are beggining to prefer 'wireless' as a whole, and yet again for a 360 you must pay for a wireless extension <and i could go on but anyway.. the point is yes alot of us think the ps3 is better or we wouldnt have bought one?(unless you own both) but microsoft know how to make money and thats why they sell, its that simple.. and at the end of the day ALL sales boost during these weeks, sony still did well, in a month or two ps3 will start seeing higher sales again :)
EXACTLY, MC is between 2 battles Tords Sony and Mac, They Obv Defeat Mac Most of the time, the only ones to Defeat The Super Power of MC has been Sony with there Ps2, so just like people talked bad about the Ps2 upon its first few years, and now? its the most successfull Game Console EVER, with 1000+ Games, Ps3's Domination is Iminate, MC should just stick to computers, doing wat they do best, besides im a PC :]
__________________
Picture is too large for signature ~ Dustin

Last edited by Mr.Funneh; 12-12-2009 at 01:11 PM..
Mr.Funneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #16
PCN Master
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,527
PSN ID: Dipchit02
but the reason the Sony beat out the Xbox was because they had the name recognition in the gaming market and people did not know what to expect from the Xbox and it came out first and i think that coming out first impacts sales ALOT. I honestly do not think that the 360 would have this big of a lead if they both came out at the same time. Like Dustin said earlier i think that most people still see the PS3 as the "fancier" console with more bells and whistles where as the 360 is the cheaper version.

@Dustin
the initial cost of the 360 is less no doubt i mean you have to take the arcade into account if you are doing it because you can buy that and play your games on it. Not saying that i would ever buy one and i think that most people feel that if you compare the 2 consoles the PS3 is a better deal. Someone mentioned Wireless adapters and i honestly do not think most people even think about that or know if the PS3 has one or the 360 has one built in. I would like to do a survey and ask questions about the 2 consoles and see what people say
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #17
PCN Senior
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Trenton, Canada
Posts: 371
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by trediddy View Post
why do you say better controller for 360
I said arguably better but some reasons are size, weight, and analogue stick placement. The 360 controller fits my hand slightly better as I'm sure it does the majority of adults/young adults. For that reasons I've been thinking about buying an adapter to use the 360 controller with my PS3.

Again arguably better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
I know you said "arguably" so I wont mention the controllers. However, now that they have price cuts I would think PS3 even has the better initial cost too? For one if you visit just one more store than usual you will find a PS3 bundled with a game at no extra cost. If your factoring in the Arcade version then all the 360 features are useless, I say that because Ive personally looked into buying one since its so cheap. Turns out...its not so cheap. Plus like I said to all the fanboys. If "cross game chat" is worth 50 bucks a year...all the power to ya....
Initial cost. With the arcade you pay for your 360 then have to buy more products to get it up to par. When you buy the arcade your initial cost is very low. This initial cost looks very tempting to casual gamers that haven't done their research which I'm sure is a lot of people that bought one black friday. Cross game voice chat is a perk to Live not the reason to buy Live. More of my friends have a 360 than PS3 and for that reason Live seems to me to have some good value.

Comprende?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Funneh View Post

the Ps3 in the end is more worth the money coming out of MY pocket.
Fixed. You can't speak for the millions of people that saw more value in the 360. Like I said I saw more value in the PS3 but I recognize that my opinion isn't fact and should not be stated as so. You should do yourself a favour and recognize this too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Funneh View Post
EXACTLY, MC is between 2 battles Tords Sony and Mac, They Obv Defeat Mac Most of the tim
I don't see the relevance to the topic in this post but I can't help but share my opinion when I see inaccuracies in people's posts. Apple has been gaining a lot of market share from PC in the last couple years. When Apple gains market share it means PC loses and the gap shortens between sales. They don't "obviously" defeat mac. Apple is far from winning but gaining market share is in no way defeat.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #18
SuperStaff
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,118
PSN ID: soldierone
Quote:
people talked bad about the Ps2 upon its first few years, and now? its the most successfull Game Console EVER, with 1000+ Games, Ps3's Domination is Iminate, MC should just stick to computers, doing wat they do best, besides im a PC :]
Unless MS suddenly goes under for stealing ideas from other companies you cant compare the two generations like that. To be completely honest if Dreamcast was still on the market, it would of easily won and it was in the same stance the 360 is in now. It came out earlier, had the popularity, the decent few games, and people just plain liked it. However you are a PC so you are my friend haha.

Quote:
the initial cost of the 360 is less no doubt i mean you have to take the arcade into account if you are doing it because you can buy that and play your games on it.
You might as well throw the Wii into the argument then too. People that buy an Arcade are most likely not going to just buy the system, therefore they dont get away with any extra money. I dont know if this is true, but my friend talked me out of an Arcade and tried to get me into a Elite because Arcade has restricted online and some other things.

Jordan is right, on the shelf sitting next to a PS3 at a lower price its more attractive. To parents that just want to shut up their nagging kids they will get it. The thing in my mind though, if i got my kid that and a month later he is nagging me for a hard drive or that he is hogging the main tv cus that the only tv the ethernet reaches, why would I stick with a company that just ripped me off? Its not even the fact i have to go buy the things, its the fact that they rip you off even more by making it xbox only things that cost triple the amount of anything logical.

I head into the store to shut him up and get the damn hard drive, look down the aisle and see the PS3 has all this crap in it out of the box for just 50 to 100 bucks more...im now thinking lets sell the thing and get that instead.

This coming from a college student. It would suck to spend the few dollars I have on something that could of been included instead of spending it on games. Hell Sony even includes their headset with certain games so your not even wasting money on that anymore...

Quote:
Cross game voice chat is a perk to Live not the reason to buy Live. More of my friends have a 360 than PS3 and for that reason Live seems to me to have some good value.
Im not saying it isnt a perk, im saying im still waiting for Live to have that one true feature to make it worth 50 bucks. Alot of my friends have 360's too, but if i want to talk to them or play a game with them ill just go over to their house or talk them into a PS3, cus im not paying 50 bucks for something that should be free. So it has value to you, but not me, we agree.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #19
PCN Master
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,527
PSN ID: Dipchit02
Dustin, I totally agree with you PS3 being the better value but it still is not the best inital cost system it is just the better value system. I also agree with you on MS ripping you off on the HDD and wireless because those are 2 things that you can get WAY cheaper and bigger on the PS3 because they are universal and PS3 only which is much better. Which is why if you do your research i feel that the PS3 is a much better choice but that is my opinion
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #20
PCN Senior
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Trenton, Canada
Posts: 371
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post

You might as well throw the Wii into the argument then too. People that buy an Arcade are most likely not going to just buy the system, therefore they dont get away with any extra money. I dont know if this is true, but my friend talked me out of an Arcade and tried to get me into a Elite because Arcade has restricted online and some other things.
Well the wii has a different target market so I don't think it would be appropriate to bring it into the argument.

Quote:

Jordan is right, on the shelf sitting next to a PS3 at a lower price its more attractive. To parents that just want to shut up their nagging kids they will get it. The thing in my mind though, if i got my kid that and a month later he is nagging me for a hard drive or that he is hogging the main tv cus that the only tv the ethernet reaches, why would I stick with a company that just ripped me off? Its not even the fact i have to go buy the things, its the fact that they rip you off even more by making it xbox only things that cost triple the amount of anything logical.
So you agree with me now about the initial cost?

I see what you're saying but we're talking about their initial purchase on black friday and not the anger they may face having bought the arcade soon afterwards.
Quote:

Im not saying it isnt a perk, im saying im still waiting for Live to have that one true feature to make it worth 50 bucks. Alot of my friends have 360's too, but if i want to talk to them or play a game with them ill just go over to their house or talk them into a PS3, cus im not paying 50 bucks for something that should be free. So it has value to you, but not me, we agree.
Finally an agreement about value! This is what I preach.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios