Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > Playstation 2 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 02-06-2007   #41
"The New Guy"
don't cry when in 3 years your ps3 blu-ray drive goes out and u have 2 spend 600 more. and about the online, developers can charge u since they run the servers and have 2 make there money. and since where getting the 60nm first that means a price drop and will b profitable next year by the time sony catches up XBOX 3 will be out
with POSSIBILY Quad Core. With HD-DVD Built in sice it will be cheaper and the drive will be faster.

The Ps3 I See It Is Like The Original Xbox Big N Black With No Games And The Other System (which Was Ps2) Had All Exclusive, And Remember How People Were So Not Interested N The Harddrive, That They Forced N There, It Wasn't A Must And Had No Games But Was More Hardware Advanced Than The Ps2. But The Ps2 Was Basic And Offered Choice. Vice-versa Ps3 Has Blu-ray Built N That Isn't A Must And No Games, 360 Basic And Has Games But The Ps3 Is More Hardware Advanced But It's Not Catching The Eye Of Ordinary People, Who Really Decide How Well The Game Does N The Market. Now The Tables Turned And 360 Has The Exclusive's.

And Another Thing Is That Even Tho The Xboxlive Is $50 A Year (which Isn't Expensive, A Ps3 Controller Cost's $50) It Give's A Hell Of Alot: Movies,tv Shows,music Vids And Trailers, Arcade Games,xna,game Demos,exclusive Content,instant Messanger,chat,video Chat (up To 6 People),cross Platform (pc-laptop-xbox360-mobile Phone), Live Anywhere Is Coming In Affect. Soon To Come Microsoft's Iptv, Directv Blade, Of Course Multip-play N Almost Every Game, And More Great Games. And Everyone Know's It Cost's To Run An Online Service. Sony's Service Is Free But To The Developer's It Is Not

YOU TALK ABOUT PEOPLE BEING CHEAP AND COMPLAINING ABOUT THE PS3 PRICE, YOUR BEING CHEAP AND ACTING LIKE $50 A YEARS IS ALOT, YOU SPEND OVER $50 WHEN YOU BUY A GAME OR CONTROLLER, AND PEOPLE COMPARING HOW MUCH YOU'LL SPEND THIS IS HOW I C IT:

PRICE FOR HI-DEF USER'S AND FIRST-TIMER FOR BOTH
CONSOLE'S

XBOX 360 ELITE: $480
GEARS OF WAR: $60
X-TRA CONTROLL:$40
XBOXLIVE:$50
OPTIONAL IF YOU DON'T HAVE INTERNET WIFI:$100
OPTIONAL HD-DVD DRIVE:$200
1. THAT'S $930 WITH WIFI AND HD-DVD INCLUDE'D
2. THAT'S $730 WITH WIFI INCLUDE'D BUT HD-DVD OUT
3. THAT'S $630 IF YOU DON'T NEED EITHER

VOTE ON WHICH ONE YOU TRUEFULLY NEED:1, 2, or 3?!!!

PS3:$600
RESISTANCE:FALL OF MAN:$60
X-TRA CONTROLL:$50
HEADSET:$30
OPTIONAL HDMI CABLE:$100 FOR A NICE DECENT BRAND NAME ONE. (BUT I DOUBT ANYONE WILL PLAY THERE PS3 USING PS1 AND PS2 COMPATIBLE CABLES)

1. WITHOUT THE HDMI:$740
2. WITH HDMI:$840

VOTE WHICH OPTION YOU WOULD MOST LIKELY USE FOR PS3 1 OR 2.

NOW COMPARE:
XBOX 360:$630, $730,OR $930

SONY'S PS3: $740, OR $840
YOUR CHOICE

Vote Who Would Mostly Likely Win The Endurance Race 1. Ps3 Or 2. Xbox 360, No Fanboy Stuff Just 1 Or 2.

Last edited by NinjaSimon; 04-06-2007 at 04:48 AM..
PS3SUCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #42
Ace of Moderators
PSN ID: AcesHigh113
PS3 cuz they are planning fer the future (and dont post like 25 times in a row, if you want to add sumthing just edit what you wrote before)
Old 02-06-2007   #43
PCN Senior
WOW soz Xbox fanboy.OK now for my answers:360 combo 2. internet no where near my tv so i need tht dont need hd dvd seeing as it doesnt play games.PS3 combo 1 dont have a hd tv dont need a hdmi cable so thats just $10 more so now ur saying its expensive.
PS3 has the endurance because IF blu ray wins the next xbox will have to include it when it becomes the disc standard so if it wins there is NO WAY Sony would sell MS blu ray rights so tht leaves MS with dvd or a new disc version and 'forcing you' to buy movies on again a more expensive platform and so the PS3 has endurance and the 360 was rushed if it wasnt why is there high failure rates.
I have had great success with Sony electronics seeing as my LAUNCH PS2 is still working fine no problems never had to get it repaired nothin thts 7 years old, tell me if your xbox1 or 360 is still working next year because i bet you $50 one of them wont be working next year.

Playstation3 Games:Resistance:Fall of Man,The Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion,Ninja Gaiden Sigma,The Darkness,Enchanted Arms,GRAW2,RainbowSix:Vegas,Heavenly Sword,Warhawk(Retail),Folklore,Bladestorm,Nucleus.
auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #44
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3SUCKS View Post
Vote Who Would Mostly Likely Win The Endurance Race 1. Ps3 Or 2. Xbox 360, No Fanboy Stuff Just 1 Or 2.
Ok mr Fanboy bigtime heres some questions for you...

1. who had a seperate hd dvd player you had too buy for $$100 us???
2. who had over 300 000 failed systems in their first year??
3. who has no experience in the gaming market????
4. whos system was rushed????
/\answers..... (MICROSOFT!!!!)

5. whos outdated system still outsells a next gen system??? Sony

shall i go on??
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #45
"The New Guy"
Ok That's The Same When The Psi Came Out And The First Nintendo No One Had Experience But Thier (thier As In Microsoft) R Doing Alot Better Look At The Elite Nothing Or No One That I Heard Of Had Any Problems With Thier Elite, And That's How It Should Be, So By The End Of This Year When They Will Have New Xbox 360's In My Opinion
The Failure Rate Of 360's Will Decline As It Is Now
Faster And Faster. But They (they As In Ms) Should Really Have This Under Controll I Mean It's Been Over A Year And Some Are Still Breaking.

But Sony Put Thier Prototype Beginning Techno Blu-ray In All Ps3 Let's See What Happens When It Becomes A Year Old System???????????????????

But As Long As The Wii And 360 Out On The Selves And 65nm Cpu's N The 360 This Fall (possible Price Drop) And Their Prices Decline, They Will Continue To Sell More.
For Example Look At The Ps2 It Is Kicking The Ps3 And 360's Ass And It's A 7 Year Old Console
Old 03-06-2007   #46
PCN Senior
360 failure rates are likely to go up for a short while when every ones system becomes one year old which is the usual life of a 360. Why do you hate PS3 and Blu-ray so much?
Blu-ray aint a prototype and there is very little chance of HD DVD coming back unless they get every major movie studio behind them main being Disney cause they have a lot of movies that would shift sales.
PS2 is kicking ass because it has great games and most exclusives.Sony is still publishing games for it and the transition from PS2 to PS3 asnt happened yet because the PS3 hasnt got its must have titles out yet and the 360 only has a few left for this year and next main being Halo 3.
360 sales have stagnated by the way because of the crap games out and coming out this will change for a while when Halo 3 comes out but they will probably drop again.Now dont go on about PS3 sales being crap because there selling better than PS2 was at this stage and selling the same as 360 was at this stage.

Playstation3 Games:Resistance:Fall of Man,The Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion,Ninja Gaiden Sigma,The Darkness,Enchanted Arms,GRAW2,RainbowSix:Vegas,Heavenly Sword,Warhawk(Retail),Folklore,Bladestorm,Nucleus.
Old 03-06-2007   #47
1337 Sauce
Blu-ray isnt big know but regardless of what anyone says it is the future.

Xbox 360's DVD 9Gb PS3's blu ray 50Gb i dont need to say which onces bigger btw what is the wii's format?
PS2 gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #48
"The New Guy"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blu-ray isnt big know but regardless of what anyone says it is the future.

Xbox 360's DVD 9Gb PS3's blu ray 50Gb i dont need to say which onces bigger btw what is the wii's format?

PS2 gamer
Noob Join Date: Mar 2007

OF COURSE YOU WOULD SAY THAT UR A NOOB, I'M 1337 SAUCE
Old 04-06-2007   #49
"The New Guy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italianboy4life View Post
3. who has no experience in the gaming market????
You expressed yourself very badly there, whilst Microsoft certainly has less experience in the CONSOLE market, they far from have less experience in the GAMING market.
Heck, I think Microsoft started making games far before Sony did, ever heard of Microsoft Flight Simulator?

In my eyes there is no doubt that the PS3 can hold out longer than the XB360(Remember it was also released one year later than the 360), but then the question remains, will MS use their 'unlimited' cashflow to pump out another console when that time comes that XB360 sales starts declining alot?

I myself, hope neither the Playstation nor XBox line of consoles ever dies, competition is only good for us consumers, it means quicker lowering of price of the consoles amongst other things, here in Sweden, a XB360 premium for example has gone from being 4000 SEK at launch, to being 3000 SEK now, that's 25% lower in price.

In the end, what is the more worthwhile investment also depends alot on your taste, so far Microsoft has appeared to recieve alot more support from western game producers(Ubisoft for example), but the PS3(As always) has a ****load of support from asian game producers. I myself being a fan of both markets, simply had to get both consoles.

I really wish people could stop having these pointless console 'fights' discussions, neither the XBox or the PlayStation is gonna die any time soon, and it's ****ing good they don't, because everyone who has even read one class/course in economics know that competition in markets is always good for the average consumer.

Just my two cents here.
Gargantou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #50
I own your soul! (Mod)
PS3SUCKS. (is that even a name?)
As a moderator of these here forums, I'm going to have to ask you to shut the hell up :D. Aside from the fact that you've been presenting your opinion in an unnecessarily aggressive manner, you've been doing it with poor grammar, now this is a warning, calm down (all of you) they're just games consoles, heck, you don't even make any money off of them.

A better way to present this discussion would be with simple facts, and clearly presented opinions.

Some Examples:
The Wii is cheap and has a unique control system. I think this is good.
The PS3 has a high price. I dislike this.
The Xbox 360 is selling well and has a large array of games. I think this is good.
Old 04-06-2007   #51
"The New Guy"
That's exactly my point NinjaSimon, some people here seem to have WAY too much freetime on their hand to be arguing over such a silly thing as which console will sell better than the other in the end..
Gargantou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007   #52
PCN Senior
I appoligise if you mean me in the all of you part but seriously he is just here to start a fight just with his user name(PS3SUCKS) on a mainly PS3 forum.

Old 04-06-2007   #53
I own your soul! (Mod)
Obviously, he's just a troll. But there's no need to get riled up about it, that's what he wants.
Old 05-06-2007   #54
1337 Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3SUCKS View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OF COURSE YOU WOULD SAY THAT UR A NOOB, I'M 1337 SAUCE
Im a noob look at you trying to tear down everything to do with the ps3 and you probably have the worst name on this site

You want a quick leason on formats?

Cd DVD HD Dvd Blu-ray Disk
single layer 800Mb 4.7Gb 15GB 25Gb
dual layer 8.5Gb 30GB 50Gb

Tell me if the ps3 sucks why dose it have the biggest format in both layers?

Last edited by PS2 gamer; 07-06-2007 at 12:21 PM..
Old 06-06-2007   #55
PCN Senior
I find it funny how he thinks he is always right and is using opinions as facts, i would like it if someone told if anyhting in my posts are false or not exactly correct.

Old 07-06-2007   #56
1337 Sauce
Has he ever said anything correct?
Old 07-06-2007   #57
$ITE GANGSTA [MOD]
dang guys alot happened while i was gone well just to say why in your example simon the only one you dislike is the ps3 but in the wii and 360 it says i think this is good!??!?! what cant think of anything good about the ps3.
juicyjuice107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007   #58
"The New Guy"
Of all of these so called anlyists that are repeatedly harping that the PS3 is too expensive, how many will be standing in line for the $600 I PHONE
GOBBLOXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007   #59
"The New Guy"
the ps2 is kicking 360's butt, the money from the butt-kicking goes to sony, sony makes the ps3, so the ps2 butt-kicking money is also going to the ps3, as it will transit from last generation...umm...so why is the ps3 dying? it has a whole lot of butt-kicking money to support it.
ganstream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007   #60
Ace of Moderators
PSN ID: AcesHigh113
the iPhone is going to be rediculious for its price & i would never buy it