Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Microsoft Consoles
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 16-09-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Microsoft Must Be Getting Scared

Thanks to Kotaku, we now know that Microsoft is releasing a new 250GB Modern Warfare 2 special edition 360 to take over the old Elite's price point, the new name for this console, the Super Elite. Even better thing is Microsoft also announced they are refusing to sell the new 250GB hard drive separately, just to add further insult to current owners, or to keep their current hard drive prices at their very inflated prices. To me this new model just seems to be another reaction to the supposed 250GB PlayStation 3 slim on it's way since they can't possibly let Sony beat them in the storage department.

EDIT: Turns out after checking out Kotaku today, Microsoft has now decided to throw out another 250GB console bundle, a Forza 3 bundle, unlike the Modern Warfare 2 bundle though, this bundle will simply feature a plain, white XBOX 360 and a copy of Forza 3, so far only announced for the Euro market it should retail for ?249.99 or around $411 US.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 17-09-2009 at 07:59 AM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2009   #2
Staff
I'm guessing Sony also has a MW2 250GB bundle incoming at the same price.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2009   #3
PCN Master
I wouldn't count on it, Infinity Ward seems to show an awful lot of fanboyism to the 360, I mean the map pack for Modern Warfare came late to us, we never got a trophy update and even putting loyalty to the side, Sony hasn't had a history of doing branded consoles, we had the Metal Gear Solid 4 console and that's about it where the 360 has had many different consoles painted for specific games, ex. the Halo console.
Old 16-09-2009   #4
Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
I wouldn't count on it, Infinity Ward seems to show an awful lot of fanboyism to the 360, I mean the map pack for Modern Warfare came late to us, we never got a trophy update and even putting loyalty to the side, Sony hasn't had a history of doing branded consoles, we had the Metal Gear Solid 4 console and that's about it where the 360 has had many different consoles painted for specific games, ex. the Halo console.
True, but there have been some more PS3 branded consoles, although I don't know if they ever made it to the west. A few examples I can think of...FF7, Resident Evil and Yakuza 3 consoles. Maybe MW2 is big enough that Sony would consider a branded console?
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2009   #5
"The New Guy"
the bundle will make no difference.The PS3 will dominate the 360 this fall.Most COD fans already have a 360 anyway.
DarthNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2009   #6
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Microsoft shells out money to infinity ward for them to be biased, so dont really count on this being PS3. Will it happen? Its possible. It actually extremely stupid if its it not, the Prestige Edition sold out on PS3 way before 360, i think 360 is even still on sale? Why would you be too blind to see your game will sell well on PS3?

I think sony has another 250 GB thats why MS jumped the gun and tried to be "first" so when sony releases their later this year we get "Sony always copies MS!!!!!" just like when MS tried to counter home with avatars. I think Sony's Assassin's Creed 2 250 GB may be true, that or their Gran Turismo one. They better announce it at TGS or it will be too late for pre orders.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNemesis View Post
the bundle will make no difference.The PS3 will dominate the 360 this fall.Most COD fans already have a 360 anyway.
this just could be true, the PS3 has already sold a lot of units so far and its only been like what a month, if that

I wouldn't be surprised if the PS3 started selling more.

I didn't even think that the slim PS3 would do this well
Old 16-09-2009   #8
PCN Master
Well since the FCC filing was found that they were testing a 120GB and 250GB (Sony actually tried to cover it up by using a fake company name so people might not realize), it looks like we are definitely going to see a 250GB and I would imagine before Christmas, knowing Microsoft they probably watched the FCC filings closely and would notice far before any websites would and found out Sony may be planning another model. After finding this out they probably turned to each other and said, what's coming soon, Modern Warfare 2!, rang Infinity Ward/Activision up and said, you mind if we make a limited edition, we'll pay well and that's it.
Old 02-10-2009   #9
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Microsoft probably is scared when u think about it, look how much PS3s have been sold since the release of the slim

Tags
console, microsoft, modern, warfare, xbox