Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Microsoft Consoles
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 21-10-2009   #1
"The New Guy"
Web Browser on 360

Who here would like to see a web browser (Internet Explorer or something) on the 360!

I would love there to be one as it is it is not always convenient for me to use the family PC (like during the night) and I dont own a laptop.

Why doesn't MS give us one! The PS3 and Wii have it and I never recalled anyone complaining about the DreamCast's internet service. But MS would rather give us total crap like Facebook and Twitter!

I have herd gamers say on other forums that having to type things in with the controll pad would make having IE impossible to use. Well they could alwyas make it compatible with either the messenger pad or you could use a USB keyboard (like you can on Wii) with it.

So I would love a web browser. It is a real pity that you cant put one in on Windows Media Centre.
Old 21-10-2009   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
It will most likely be a variation of the portable ones they use for the zunes and phones etc...Which isnt the best but it gets the job done. To be honest I cant believe MS has waited this long to implement it, its on everything else they make...
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I heard that it already had one I guess I heard wrong
Old 21-10-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
What has everyone learned from mobile/non PC browsers, they suck, I mean the PS3's browser is remarkably unstable, basically throw anything decent at it and you could crash it and browsers like the Zune or what are on mobile phones generally suck as well so how do you think Microsoft, makers of the one of the worst desktop browsers to satisfy basic Web standards (that's a laugh actually, part of my course we examined Acid test results and out of 100 IE could score a measly 20 and that's with IE 8, Firefox and Safari both score above 90) to make a browser that could run stately on the 360.
Old 21-10-2009   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
exactly what u say about non-pc browsers
Old 22-10-2009   #6
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
I like my phones web browser. Its Verizons web browser and it works really well. Its faster than any other web browser on a portable device i ever used, puts PSP's browser to shame. Loads fast, and works with youtube etc... Only thing i hate is it doesnt load some java objects like most portable browsers.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Wow, I find that funny because my Blackberry Curve comes with two browsers, the Bell Mobility one and the Blackberry one, both suck but in my case my carriers browser sucks even more and the Blackberry browser is nothing to scream about but at least it supports YouTube through the media player application. I wish Fennec (or more basically Firefox for mobile phones) would A. Get released and B. ported to Blackberry but the chances of that happening are about as likely as Apple releasing their operating system as a standalone product.