Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Microsoft Consoles
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
View Poll Results: does Halo have any potential left and does Gears of War have more potential than Halo
Halo still has some life in it 3 42.86%
no, they should stop making Halo 0 0%
who cares 2 28.57%
Gears of War has more potential left than Halo 1 14.29%
Gears of War does not have more potential left than Halo 0 0%
both games have an equal potential to still make good games in the series 3 42.86%
Microsoft should start relying on different games 1 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-12-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
does Halo still have any potential left in it?

a conversation between myself and friends with 360s came up in the cafeteria at dinner last night.
basically, my friend, whos a HUGE 360 fanboy says that Halo is dead and they can't do much more with it.
my other friend with a 360 thought that they can't do much with it but he still likes it.
honestly, I think that they could do a bit more with it, not very sure what but they could still make more games I guess, not sure how original they would be but they could make more, they probably will just because people will still buy it, so I guess its not "dead" from an economic point of view if people will still buy it
but from a gaming point of view, how much more potential do u think Halo has?

later on in that conversation, they stated that Gears of war stll has some potential in it
so this leads to some more questions, does Gears of war still have potential in it and does it have more potential than Halo?
Old 17-12-2009   #2
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
well alot of 360 users seem hyped about REACH, so who knows! but then again although its slightly different they were all hyped for ODST denying it was a 'mere expansion' and then it came out and sucked, even my super 360 fanboy of a friend said so haha.. i guess they gotta try!

and as for gears i havent actually played much of either but both games seemed 'samey' to me excluding a few little upgrades, but again who knows! i mean medal of honour is coming back after all
Old 17-12-2009   #3
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
They both have tonnes left in them.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009   #4
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
The only way it has potential is if Bungie can spend a few years making a new one. Do a spin off or something dramatic to it, and make basically a whole new game. Bigger universe, differnt mechanics, etc....

That wont happen though and a new halo will be pushed onto someone else since Bungie isn't making it, and it will be milked. Just like crash, Spyro, hell even Socom Confrontation on PlayStation.

As for Gears, havent played it still so i dont know how closed off the universe is. To me with how Gears 2 is so similar to Gears 1 I dont think they have alot of room to move around, again unless something dramatic changes.

I say that because look at Doom. It didnt have alot of room to work with either, then bam Doom 3 and hell on Mars...perfect! New style, new story, new engine etc...Gears will be getting a UE4 though, so who knows.

Same could be said about Resistance, the only differnce is Insomnaic keeps throwing something new at it. R2 is nothing like RFOM, and I promise R3 will blow us away.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009   #5
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by xEN7xASSASSINx View Post
well alot of 360 users seem hyped about REACH, so who knows! but then again although its slightly different they were all hyped for ODST denying it was a 'mere expansion' and then it came out and sucked, even my super 360 fanboy of a friend said so haha.. i guess they gotta try!

and as for gears i havent actually played much of either but both games seemed 'samey' to me excluding a few little upgrades, but again who knows! i mean medal of honour is coming back after all
I think people with 360s get excited for anything

@Dustin and Jordan
I think both games have a tonne of potential but as Dustin says, they will need to change it a lot, like change the universe or something
Old 18-12-2009   #6
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
yeah like dustin said, it has to bes dramtic you can only get away with the same setting twice with a different story befored you get bored i mean even skate 2 realised this the same city but different things and re-designed the city and it worked.. but wouldnt work or be too good if they used the same city/setting in skate 3.. gotta change EVERYTHING
Old 19-12-2009   #7
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
According to Bungie they are using a new engine for Reach, so this could be interesting.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2009   #8
PCN Master
yeah that should be interesting
Old 21-12-2009   #9
1337 Sauce
I guess I'm the only voter in the "Who Cares" category... :)
saxxon20 is offline   Reply With Quote