Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Microsoft Consoles
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 05-02-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Mass Effect 2 better than Uncharted 2?

I found this article on IGN that argued that Mass Effect 2 is better than PS3 exclusive Uncharted 2 because it got a better review on the site
would you agree with this statement or would you say they're being biased?
personally I have limited experience with Uncharted 2 and no experience with Mass Effect 2 so I can't make a fair decision
Old 05-02-2010   #2
Staff
The main reason why they are saying that is because Mass Effect is a much longer game and open world, but in terms of story telling and overall feel, Uncharted 2 is far superior.

Mass Effect 2 is great, but it's more like Mass Effect 1, but improved. Uncharted 1 was pretty good, they didn't need to improve much, they just made the story telling better and added multiplayer.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2010   #3
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
Ign is baised towards the xbox 360 and microsoft so of course they are going to say anything by microsoft is better than anything by playstation
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2010   #4
PCN Master
yeah I hear that IGN is biased towards the 360 a lot.
Mass Effect 2 looks great but Uncharted 2 is also really good
Old 14-02-2010   #5
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
I would like Mass effect 2 to brag about winning the Game of the Year award but oh wait they are never going to!! unlike Uncharted 2!!
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010   #6
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
haha the only thing i'd say was better is the multiple choices and paths the story can and will go.. and the personal feelings you build with the character since your created them and stuff other than that uncharted blows it away.. i mean from what ive seen the levels you go in take cover fire at a wave of guys, go onto the next part and do the same.. i wont deny that its great.. just think its abit overhyped lol..

and its funny the fanboys aying "haha it sells more than uncharted 2" im like yeah.. "because its on PC and actually has a big fanbase, like all of your exclusives are on PC" thats the only reason they sell much more..

anyway..both games have there own advantages over the other..so its down to the type of game you like, personally though i enjoyed uncharted 2 better :)
Old 15-02-2010   #7
Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by xEN7xASSASSINx View Post
haha the only thing i'd say was better is the multiple choices and paths the story can and will go.. and the personal feelings you build with the character since your created them and stuff other than that uncharted blows it away.. i mean from what ive seen the levels you go in take cover fire at a wave of guys, go onto the next part and do the same.. i wont deny that its great.. just think its abit overhyped lol..

and its funny the fanboys aying "haha it sells more than uncharted 2" im like yeah.. "because its on PC and actually has a big fanbase, like all of your exclusives are on PC" thats the only reason they sell much more..

anyway..both games have there own advantages over the other..so its down to the type of game you like, personally though i enjoyed uncharted 2 better :)
Yeah the shooting gameplay could be better, it feels a little bland in that sense. But the story and the information regarding each character is done really well. ALso I like that you can use the X button to skip parts of the dialog, makes it much easier to play for most people.
Old 15-02-2010   #8
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by xEN7xASSASSINx View Post

it is funny when fanboys brag about their exclusives selling more than ours, its because their exclusives are on PC as well and there's more 360s out there
Old 05-05-2010   #9
"The New Guy"
What happens to Uncharted 2 once you get all the trophies? It gets boring and you dont want to play it again. Now lets see what happens in Mass Effect 2. Oh! Multiple endings with one e veryone dying. Its funny to compare an Rpg game with an adventure game be cause Rpg will always have the best replayability. I must ask how many of you fanboys have actually played Mass Effe ct 2.
I myself have both systems and i played through Uncharted 2 and it was only "eye opening" in the famouse train scene, Now when i slipped in the disc for Mass Effect 2 i knew what to expect from the first game....or so i thought. the mere beggining of the game blew me. and my character away. I thought i knew what to expect! haha. But my point is that it doesnt matter if its on the pc or not. Ps3 fannboys only say that because they wish it was on the ps3.
You all know its true. So i am glad to say that Mass Effect 2 easily takes the crown away from the so called "game of the year" that ign has so gracioulsy has given the title just because Mass Effect 2 wasnt even out yet. So quit your whining already. but all the unbiased ps3 owners. Try to reaso no with the unreasonable ones please
xboxrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010   #10
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
although you completely missed the part that uncharted 2 has multiplayer once you unlock all trophies, and also what 3 DLC's for it? hmm stop being so biased :)
Old 06-05-2010   #11
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxrules View Post
What happens to Uncharted 2 once you get all the trophies? It gets boring and you dont want to play it again. Now lets see what happens in Mass Effect 2. Oh! Multiple endings with one e veryone dying. Its funny to compare an Rpg game with an adventure game be cause Rpg will always have the best replayability. I must ask how many of you fanboys have actually played Mass Effe ct 2.
I myself have both systems and i played through Uncharted 2 and it was only "eye opening" in the famouse train scene, Now when i slipped in the disc for Mass Effect 2 i knew what to expect from the first game....or so i thought. the mere beggining of the game blew me. and my character away. I thought i knew what to expect! haha. But my point is that it doesnt matter if its on the pc or not. Ps3 fannboys only say that because they wish it was on the ps3.
You all know its true. So i am glad to say that Mass Effect 2 easily takes the crown away from the so called "game of the year" that ign has so gracioulsy has given the title just because Mass Effect 2 wasnt even out yet. So quit your whining already. but all the unbiased ps3 owners. Try to reaso no with the unreasonable ones please
okay I disagree that people with PS3s wish that Mass Effect 2 was on the PS3.
I could really care less about it and I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't really care about it either
and Uncharted 2 has multiplayer, so it doesn't get boring after you get the platinum trophy.
we're not whining, the point of the thread was to compare them, not to "whine" like you say.it does matter if it's on the pc because that will give it more sales than a game that's just on one console.
we're not just being fanboys and we're not being reasonable.
judging by your username, you're the fanboy here

Last edited by m0tl3sl4y3r; 06-05-2010 at 04:30 PM..
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010   #12
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Doesn't anyone remember the expression, don't feed the trolls, it's quite obvious the association a certain user has and his post is classic troll behavior and as such is a violation of the forum rules. Next time I advise everyone to just ignore such behavior and consider reporting it instead of replying to it.

More specifically (to quote the forum rules):

4. No Trolling - The inverse side of Flaming, Trolling is defined by trying to make others insult you. Posts such as "PS3 sux" would be considered trolling, as it is a purposeful act meant to result in argument. Users in violation of this will be Banned. Feeding the trolls is considered equally against the rules.
Old 06-05-2010   #13
Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxrules View Post
What X_Racer1 said is right, but I'll give you another chance to at least reply in a civil manner.

I have Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 for 360, and as I said before, ME2 is awesome. Honestly, if it came out for PS3, I'd definitely get it, just so that I can get some trophies because the dialogue system is soo good. Personally I wouldn't even compare Uncharted 2 to Mass Effect because they are very different styles of games, but Uncharted 2 is literally jaw droppingly good when you first play it. I wouldn't say the same for ME2 except for the very first section (if you've played it you'll know what I mean).