Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 09-11-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Problems on YouTube

Well we are all familiar with YouTube and probably and some time have come across someone's video that's been pulled because a company made a claim, but this time around an individual user has actually got a video posted by Infinity Ward on their official channel taken down. BASHandSlash user PST*Joker made the claim by stating that the achievements shown in the removed video were based off mods himself and others in the modding community created for the original Modern Warfare, the claim was actually inspired by a tweet sent out by a community member and not long after the takedown was issued YouTube actually removed the video. You can see the claim by following the original video link. Out of all the hate directed towards Infinity Ward over the things they have done with Modern Warfare 2, this has to have been the most effective.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 13-01-2010 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: Modifying Thread so it fits more in line with the direction thread is going
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
More so laughing because this completely proves youtubes filtering sucks complete balls. I mean come on i dont care if EA made the mod, its still IW's game and its their right to do what they want with it.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #3
PCN Master
With all the **** Google has taken over YouTube and the posting of copyrighted material (from idiots like Viacom) even though it's not their fault people upload the stuff and they have done more than their part to help stop it, I'm sure Google would rather have a few false positives on removing DMCA takedown requests then some angry company trying to sue them like Viacom has tried because some basement dwellers decided to post clips from crappy MTV shows and other related content.
Old 10-11-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I hate the youtube filtering system, it will come up with some bull**** excuse on why I can't post some audio track up there, I know I don't own any of the tracks or vidoes I put up there but why choose some and not the others
Old 10-11-2009   #5
PCN Master
All uploaded YouTube content is run through a system that compares all files to a database of known copyrighted material provided by companies for compassion purposes so if a file is uploaded to YouTube that contains content that matches something in the database it is automatically found and the actions the company wants to be taken are automatically put into place, whether it be deletion, country blocking or ads being inserted. The reason this doesn't always happen is because not all companies participate in this service and some content is by people who want things shared around or simply lack the power or will to do anything about it.
Old 10-11-2009   #6
PCN Master
so when I upload something by a company, say like WMG, it gets put though and then WMG doesn't want it up so its not allowed up?
and with other companies, they're okay with it as long as ads are inserted?
I knew about some videos that I have uploaded have ads when u watch them
Old 10-11-2009   #7
PCN Master
Exactly, for example I have a PlayStation commercial I created a few months back when the design center section was just starting, because it uses PlayStation commercials, the content was automatically identified as SCEA content but because Sony wants this content shared around and because it's free advertising for games along with paid advertising that is automatically allowed in the form of ads that are displayed next to your videos that they then receive money from. Plus SCEA's terms allow my video to be viewed worldwide.

Now companies like WMG (Warner Media Group) have an outdated, ****-off attitude so upon being any content being identified it is deleted or muted until you replace the soundtrack and companies like Universal while not requiring content deletion, do restrict your video to only being able to be viewed in pre-approved regions. Ultimately it's up to the companies that own the material you want to post, if they are willing to be O.K with it like Sony is in exchange for a few ads then you're O.K, if they want to be a-holes, well then you get the frustration people sometimes face.
Old 10-11-2009   #8
SuperStaff
Off topic ... The reason I hate the filtering is because not everyone is talented in ALL areas. Like me, i love making movies, alot of music i listen to aspires me ALOT. I like to put unkown bands in things i do so they get more reconizition. Why? Because tahts how i find my music. If it wasnt for Youtube and Myspac i would of never found these bands and bought their CD's, so why is it bad?

Not only that ill admit right here i cant make music. I can write lyrics (love doing that) but i cant do anything else, i suck. So i put in clips of music to help my movies, there is nothing wrong with it. Im not making money off it, there are other sounds in it, and its not the entire song plus i always give credit. Its stupid. I understand removing the ones that are nothing but the entire songs, but not this.

As for how the filtering works, what X racer said above is stage one. You can get by that easily, no problems. However when your video starts getting hits it will hit another stage and this is where WMG and the other idiots find your video. If you tag your video or describe it of having say "Disturbed" then WMG will see that and remove it if its referencing Disturbed the band.

as far as i know Viacom and WMG are the only major ones fighting against it. Both want money from Google, Google said eff you its helping you to begin with, so now they go around removing anything until Google gives them money. Meanwhile companies like UMG are completely fine with it, they see that it helps spread the bands around and get them noticed. As long as your not just uploading the song its fine, all they do is tag your video stating "hey this is our song please buy it" and no harm done. In fact if you ever have to replace your audio cus WMG is being an a hole to you, the provided music is from UMG.
Old 10-11-2009   #9
PCN Master
I HATE WMG they won't let anything up
sorry for being off topic
Old 10-11-2009   #10
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
haha this is quite funny! they are rip offs! yano cod4 so much of it is based on the film 'behind enemy lines' lol even the russian guy in the blue tracksuit is in it! lools
Old 16-12-2009   #11
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Gen_itals
Quote:
Originally Posted by xEN7xASSASSINx View Post
haha this is quite funny! they are rip offs! yano cod4 so much of it is based on the film 'behind enemy lines' lol even the russian guy in the blue tracksuit is in it! lools
OMG never though about it that way I watched the movie again a while but now I gotta replay the game for comparison.
LordKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2009   #12
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKu View Post
OMG never though about it that way I watched the movie again a while but now I gotta replay the game for comparison.
haha yeah trust me, i hadnt seen it until like a day before my post and i was like "WHAT THE F*CK" lol its not ALL the same but there is alot of things taken from the film! and like i said they even have the russian in the blue tracksuit lol and a guys pinned down until the helicopter comes, please do watch it again and you'll notice
Old 08-01-2010   #13
PCN Master
You know what's even more amazing, the revenue sharing system and how they choose videos, in my case I got an e-mail today saying I could apply for revenue sharing on a video of mine, but it was not the video with the most views, I think it is over 200,000, no it's on a video with less than 70,000 but that's considered popular (the logic at YouTube sometimes doesn't make sense), I mean I will not be applying as it is not my video content, it's a video that was circulating around the Internet around 10 years ago and I just posted it for people so they could remember it but still.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 08-01-2010 at 11:44 AM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #14
SuperStaff
I dont know how to get "popular" on youtube. 3 of my videos have like 10k views, another is 20k, and thats it. the rest have like 100 lol, not 100k just 100. One that skyrocketed to like 30k within a day was removed because of copyright, and it was just a song playing in the background for like 10 seconds.
Old 13-01-2010   #15
PCN Master
I swear, YouTube is actually trying to appear stupid, similar to a few days ago with my last post, today in my e-mail along with Amazon sending me an e-mail that completely changed my situation with them (long story short, whether it was me complaining or they decided to declare the price drop on release day counts I got my $7 like I should of), anyways back on topic, YouTube sent me another revenue sharing e-mail, for a video with less than 26,000 views, I seriously don't know how this system works but my advice to anyone who has video content on YouTube and wants to maybe get into the revenue sharing system, find a similar video and add your video as a video response, it helps you get higher in search results and you promote each others videos because people seem to tend to view video responses. Also make sure you add as many relevant video tags as possible, don't be afraid to use different variations of words, everything helps to get you noticed in a search result.

My last bit of advice isn't something I find maybe helps your views but it shows you care, actually respond to comments in your videos, if possible, I'm not saying respond to everything, that just seems like you have no life, but do take the time to once in awhile respond to bad comments or good ones, or use the comment approval feature, this way you can cut down the amount of idiotic comments or spam comments because they will never appear unless you approve them. It only takes a few minutes but to some people I'm sure it shows them that your not just your typical YouTube member that simply posts and forgets about things.
Old 13-01-2010   #16
PCN Senior
maybe its the speed of the views ? aswell as the amount?
Old 13-01-2010   #17
PCN Master
Not a possibility, the amount of views has accumulated over a years worth of viewing has been less than 100 a day on average, the best I've ever done according to YouTube Insight is 240 views in one day, much more popular channels can do that in less than 10 minutes, especially just after releasing a new video. I mean it appears since the new year started the average daily views have gone from around 40 a day to maybe just under 100 but if that's the case, there would probably be thousands of people getting asked if they want to do revenue sharing and someone else on the forums who has YouTube videos would have had an opportunity by now.

This isn't the only problem they are having currently, one of the larger channels, Jpizzle1122 had put out a video addressing a problem where larger channels are having their videos flagged by spammers and YouTube is blocking the videos without checking all the requests. Now obviously if you've ever subscribed to a channel, you get the alert a new video is available and that's what generates most of the views to a new video and subsequently, all of the revenue for larger channels. When videos end up flagged, you can't watch them unless you are A. logged into YouTube and B. your YouTube account has an age above 18 associated with it so then people lose out on their revenue, for some people YouTube is their source of primary income (amazing to imagine that too, I mean if you can support yourself off of YouTube by just putting out a few videos every week, it's pretty much the best job you can get, minimal work hours and decent pay).