Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > General Chat > Off Topic
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 02-01-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
anyone see the movie Avatar?

I thought that movie was great
did anyone else see that movie and if so what was your opinion on it?
Old 02-01-2010   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Was excited for it, but every single person I know that saw it said the exact same thing

-Amazing visuals
-Too long
-Story isnt anywhere near as good as the visuals

Being me, story comes first, visuals second. So I wont be seeing it til Blu Ray.I did just watch Domino, thats a good movie.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010   #3
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
I've literally went to the movies four times trying to see it but it was sold out before we got there each time. One time we were in line and it sold out. I agree story is way more important than visuals though I've some how never seen anything in 3d. I have no
clue how 3d even looks. Ya, I must be behind with the times. Avatar is going to having to change that.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #4
PCN Senior
Ok I'm gunna double post.

I just got back from seeing it now. Verdict: 8.5/10 Stunning visuals and a pretty good story. Oh, and seeing something in 3D for the first time was so cool. There were certain aspects of the story I thought were cliche and anyone could see coming though. I really felt for the characters and that's one of the most important aspects of a story. Especially a war type movie. Decent movie.
Old 04-01-2010   #5
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: bharat4ever
I saw the movie in 3D. Visuals are stunning, sound is awesome, and the story is ok.
But i felt the 3D takes away the brilliance of the colour somewhat. Saw it again in 2D, and was like, the colours are so much more enchanting.

OT --- 200th Post :)
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010   #6
SuperStaff
Personally I hate 3D, everytime i see 3d anything i take the glasses off within a half hour becuase it gives me a headache. Ive never really seen anything impressive in 3d either though.

So you guys say the story is cliche and bland then? Like is this movie all about "hey look what we can do" more than anything? I mean the director did do the Titanic afterall...
Old 04-01-2010   #7
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Personally I hate 3D, everytime i see 3d anything i take the glasses off within a half hour becuase it gives me a headache. Ive never really seen anything impressive in 3d either though.
Ya I know what you mean. It hurt my eyes a bit. In the previews there was this effect which looked like a cat was right in front of me which was amazing. Definitely impressive. Avatar used 3D more so for layering I guess you could say.
Quote:
So you guys say the story is cliche and bland then? Like is this movie all about "hey look what we can do" more than anything? I mean the director did do the Titanic afterall...
Just a bit. Cliche not bland though. The story was good enough to keep interest. It was pretty good and above average for a movie. If there was no hype I'm sure it would be rare for people to say the story sucks.
Old 04-01-2010   #8
1337 Sauce
I thought the movie was awesome everything from visuals to the story all around great film.
saxxon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010   #9
PCN Master
honestly, I liked the story but it went on a bit too long
Old 06-01-2010   #10
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: bharat4ever
Story is not bland, but it isn't great too... only the protagonists are different, but the story rings a bell in your mind, you know... have i seen or read a similar story somewhere else...
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010   #11
"The New Guy"
A ****ty storyline surrounded by incredible visuals. deserved to lose best picture to the hurt locker.
slappindabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010   #12
SuperStaff
Never see this movie twice...worst mistake ever...
Old 26-03-2010   #13
PCN Master
lol, I was gonna see this movie twice, my friends wanted to see Sherlock Holmes instead so I watched that one