Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 06-01-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Even More Gran Turismo 5 Details

Well as we approach the supposed March release date for Gran Turismo 5 in Japan, still no word yet on when it's happening for North America, Sony has decided to show us the boxart for Gran Turismo 5.

If that's not enough IGN has also revealed not only NASCAR and WRC are going to be in the game, IRL is also joining the action, the game will run at 1080p at a solid 60fps and support up to 16 players for online racing.

Old 06-01-2010   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
thats pretty sweet
Old 06-01-2010   #3
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
gran turismo will be untouchable in its genre! :D boxart looks sweet as hell :D
Old 07-01-2010   #4
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
boxart is really tight

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010   #5
1337 Sauce
Man I haven't played Grand Turismo since the PS1 days but I will probably have to check this one out!!
saxxon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2010   #6
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Firedshot
GT5 could end up shooting it's self in the foot at the rate it's going. Eutechnyx, the makers of Ferrari challenge and supercar challenge which some say has the best racing physics of all PS3 racing game's including GT5 are working on a new game.

At the rate polyphony are going eutechnyx could realse there game fist and then some race fans might be happy not to bother with GT5 at all.
Old 16-01-2010   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
We've also had much better contenders come and go or are on the way more recently and none of them, even if they were good games could still stop people from wanting Gran Turismo 5 so a game developer who's racing games got mediocre review scores, not saying they were terrible but physics aren't everything. Plus average review scores of 65 and 71 off Metacritic and the mixed bag of reviews for both games off websites like Amazon doesn't exactly scream that these guys can make a racing game that could knock Gran Turismo 5 off it's pedestal, well that and when you look at their past history in terms of racing games, none of the exactly jump off the page as memorable games, well maybe The Fast and The Furious and SRS but I own both and neither were games I ever finished, let alone enjoyed nearly as much as other racing games available when they came out.

Besides people know the history behind Gran Turismo, they know that Polyphony has spent a lot of time and effort on this game and they are damn good at what they do. Why do you think automotive companies like Nissan do work with Polyphony outside games, I mean Polyphony did all the graphics on the computer system of the Nissan GT-R and have done plenty more for other car companies as well. Even games like Need for Speed: Shift, Split/Second and ModNation Racers (I know it's a stretch, but it's still a racing game, a good one too but it's not going to stop me from getting Gran Turismo) still haven't managed to get a lot of racing game fans to swear off buying the game.

Plus this isn't the first time we have had a situation like this, years back when Gran Turismo 4 was coming out they had a holiday release date down, they even had advertising for it, people were expecting it, they delayed it after all of that and still to this day have sold over 10 million copies, no other racing game on the PlayStation 2 even came close. Even the Gran Turismo 5 Prologue which everyone knows is nowhere near the full game has still managed to sell over 4 million copies and according to some sources is the best selling PlayStation 3 game to date.

The only way I see a mass of people switching to different games is the game bombs in review scores which is probably as likely as the Toronto Maple Leafs winning the Stanley Cup this year, not impossible just highly, highly unlikely. Will a few people switch, probably but those aren't the kinds of people you base a game shooting itself in the foot with, you base that off sales figures and even after all the waiting the hype machine is still rolling and the constant release date rumors just show people aren't ready to switch to others, they want what could possibly be the greatest racing game of this console generation and are fully prepared to wait till it's done.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 16-01-2010 at 01:21 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2010   #8
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
people have tried to compare with forza 3 -_- dont get me wrong forza looks sweet and stuff but c'mon! i think it was gadget show or a show called fifth gear.. they played the game and then tested the real car and it handled in the game the same way as it did in real life with its under-steer its these things that make gran turismo AMAZING
Old 17-01-2010   #9
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Firedshot
The truth behide GT5 and reviews is the fact that it has arcade mode and sim mode. Games that don't have an arcade option always gets a bad review due to the fact that it's just to hard for 90% of people playing it. So in that respect yes most people will stick with GT5 unless other game's makers can get the same balance!