Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Games
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email
View Poll Results: which do u prefer
Killzone series 3 21.43%
Resistance series 7 50.00%
I like them both equally 3 21.43%
I don't care about either game 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Resistance vs Killzone

which do u like more Resistance or Killzone? and why?
me, I used to love Killzone 2 but after starting to play Resistance: Fall of Man, I'm starting to like it more because of the story and played it online and I enjoyed it a lot
Old 12-01-2010   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Resistance is miles ahead of Killzone. Better story (especially RFOM) and the fun factor dominates everything. R2 was the most fun game I ever played on PS3, Killzone was cool looking but got boring.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #3
PCN Master
I agree with you Dustin, I mean sure Killzone 2 looks amazing but it can get boring and Resistance FOM has a great story so far
Old 12-01-2010   #4
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
This is a tuff one for me. I loved FOM and KZ2. I've played and own R2 but I didn't get sucked in like I did when I played FOM. So it just sits in my collection. Maybe I should fire it back up again a play back from the beginning?

Oh, it's a toss up for me at this point.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Resistance, hands down, partially because I'm a huge Insomniac fanboy/fan (finally own every single game they have published in existence, even Disruptor) and the other being the Resistance games I just felt compelled to finish, Killzone 2, despite me pre-ordering it, I never finished the story campaign and barely got into the online (mainly because everyone else I knew didn't buy it and the few who did just went back to Call of Duty: World at War, which I refused to buy). If Killzone 3 comes out, I'll probably pass on a day one purchase and wait for some opinions/reviews where when Resistance 3 comes out, I'll be there day one for purchase.
Old 12-01-2010   #6
Staff
I like both, but Resistance is much better in character depth and story. Gameplay is also silky smooth, just the graphics need to be better for the next game.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #7
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
i prefer killzone haha, i prefer the online, the graphics and maybe not the story but multiplayers where i get my replay value so yeah! i wasnt keen on resistance sniping would take 2 maybe 3 hits to kill and stuff, dont get me wrong though resistance is fantastic i just prefered playing killzone :)
Old 12-01-2010   #8
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Resistance by far. It's simply a fun game. The first one was the first game I purchased for my PS3 and I enjoyed the hell out of it.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010   #9
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Sniping is fun though cus you actually have to work for headshots, thats how all games should be. No one shot kills.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010   #10
PCN Senior
PSN ID: xEN7xASSASSINx
agreed at having to work but headshots + direct shots to the chest should both take them out, i mean when your getting all kinds of crazy shots fired at you you dont have the time to take multiple shots and thats when it lets you down
Old 13-01-2010   #11
1337 Sauce
I have a great love for the first Resistance but the second one was not as good, they need to take what they did in Resistance 1 and incorporate it back into Resistance 3, weapons wheel and off-line co-op!!

Last edited by saxxon20; 13-01-2010 at 11:07 AM..
saxxon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010   #12
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: fatlifeforlife
resistance for the story but kz2 for everything else
Old 13-01-2010   #13
PCN Master
yeah the story for resistance is developed better than the story for Killzone 2 for sure
Old 14-01-2010   #14
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
I've never played resistance

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010   #15
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
There are a lot of things I don't like about either game.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010   #16
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
There are a lot of things I don't like about either game.
would you mind telling us?
I don't mean to sound rude or anything
Old 15-01-2010   #17
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0tl3sl4y3r View Post
would you mind telling us?
I don't mean to sound rude or anything
Both the games, IMO, suffer the same thing - really rich background history and what not, but when it comes to the in-game lore and what not, the actual stories and characters super bland. I'm gonna be getting into spoilers ahead, so if you haven't played the games, skip this post.

I think Hale is an atrocious, undeveloped character. He couldn't fit the profile of a stereotypical space marine any better. I've never been a fan of the 'silent hero' design choice to begin with, but even at that, Insomniac did a **** poor job giving him any depth in the first game - the fact that they did give him a voice in the second game is almost like an admission of that. I really hope that R2 is indeed the end of him, R3 would be much better off without him.

Same goes with the supporting characters. I enjoyed the narrator in the first game, but outside of that, I never really took a liking to any of the characters. I think Resistance 2's over reliance on intel documents to flesh out the characters and backstory is another example of a poor way to tell a narrative. I mean, a character central to the storyline commits suicide and the only mention of it is in a hidden bonus document. By the end of the game, the average player won't know the name of any of the squad mates besides maybe Cappeli.

A lot of this is pretty much echoed in Killzone 2. Again, I didn't care about any of the characters - it's said when I care more about a character's death from a game I played like 6 or 7 years ago rather than a character I played with and actively worked with for the previous 8 or 9 hours.

Actually, Killzone 2 is probably even worse, in terms of characters. While I don't care about the characters in R2, I actively hate the characters(mainly Rico) in KZ2. I mean, I came away from the game wishing I could play as a Helghast, just because I like their character design and back story better.

In terms of gameplay, both games are pretty much on par for me. R2 had some sick multiplayer, but I'd give the nod to Killzone 2 in the single player department. Too much cheap, gimmicky **** going on in the R2 campaign for me.

Last edited by Nick; 15-01-2010 at 06:50 PM..
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote