Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Nintendo Consoles
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 22-03-2007   #1
PCN Master
Final version of Wii's Opera Internet Channel delayed to April

Quote:
Opera Software and Nintendo confirmed today that release date of the final version of the Opera-powered Internet Channel for Nintendo's next gen Wii videogame console has been moved to April of this year. The channel was previously slated for a March release.

The press release from both companies stated that Opera and Nintendo are "continuing to finalize what promises to be the ultimate Web surfing experience on the Wii console. The two companies are working closely together to meet user requests for browser features and to enhance the overall Wii Web experience."

The final release date in April for the Wii's Opera browser has yet to be finalized. Keep checking back here on QJ for updates.
http://wii.qj.net/Final-version-of-W...g/49/aid/87001

Last edited by Payne; 22-03-2007 at 11:26 PM..
Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007   #2
I own your soul! (Mod)
Awww poo, I was really excited about getting it.
Old 23-03-2007   #3
The Moderator
Yeah well, Burnout Dominator has been put back for PSP, ahwell, i got a PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt
Old 24-03-2007   #4
"The New Guy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjnet

Nintendo of America Inc. has released a press release that confirmed the information we gathered the other day from the Japanese wii.com section on the Internet Channel.

The Internet Channel is the Wii's very own version of the Opera Internet browser from Opera Software, and as you know, Wii owners have been able to download a trial version of the Opera Internet browser since December of 2006. Thanks to the Wii Opera Browser feedback page, Nintendo developers were able to make improvements to the final version of the browser.

As announced earlier this week, the final version will be coming out on April 2007 and will feature the following improvements:
  • Improved zooming and scrolling
  • An improved zoomed font
  • Shortened startup times
  • Quicker access to "favorites"
  • An ability to hide the toolbar
  • Buttons that will instantly type common preset letters, such as "www" or ".com"
Some sources had placed the release of the final version sometime in the last weeks of March, but delaying the release until April is necessary so that developers have the time to put in all those features and enhancements listed above.

Some important things to remember, though, would be that even though the final version of the Opera browser Internet Channel will be available in April, the browser will remain free for Wii owners to download through the end of June.

After June, you will need to pay for the software download: users who haven't already downloaded the Opera browser can go to the Wii Shop Channel to download it for 500 Wii Points.
Gotta get it for FREE then, before the end of June. I would pay 500 points for it TBH but free is better and I cant wait!
Old 24-03-2007   #5
"The New Guy"
Ooooooooooooooh hide the tab bar :D:D:D

Yup, Imma get the final version of it. I don't use it much tbh though, but, thats mostly due to the tab bar lol.
And yeah, 500 points, I'd pay it for it too, but, free is so much better :)
Ms.Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2007   #6
1337 Sauce
free is definitely better 500 points is not all that bad though since it is a one time deal then you get it forever, or until your wii craps out on ya anyway. i like it and my wife uses it a lot when she sits on the couch and i wont get off my laptop so its worth the money.
jrotondo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2007   #7
I own your soul! (Mod)
I hope they make the integrated flash player better, I've been having trouble with it sometimes (like playing videos off of user created content sites).
Old 26-03-2007   #8
PCN Master
how is the wii online? is it up yet sorry if i am retarded for not knowing
puggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2007   #9
1337 Sauce
Well yea, its up, its been up since late November/early December. (I think a few days to a week after launch it wasen't up.) There just won't be any online GAMES for it till June. How do you think we use the Shop channel and the news, forcast and everybody votes channel without online huh?

Anyways, I can't wait for the full version, because my computer sucks!
Old 26-03-2007   #10
PCN Master
well just wondering lol never knew anything about the wii or online thing
puggy is offline   Reply With Quote