Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Microsoft Consoles
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 17-07-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
Xbox to get into the portable game market

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200907/...er-of-when.asp

just saying that they are looking into the portable gaming market and that LIVE will be the connective tissue anyone else see another way to make people pay for LIVE? like you can ONLY connect the 2 if you are a gold member?
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2009   #2
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
God i hope they dont go into portable world. Its nice having ALL games on PSP and not having to worry if one game will suddenly be exclusive to DS or if nintendo paid off rockstar for free DLC and all that crap. The minute MS jumps in all that changes and now its just another console war where MS HAS to have stuff that normally third party exclusive.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
That's just asking for trouble, I mean they couldn't get the XBOX 360 right the first time and that was a full console, imagine them trying to cram it into a compact package that could play at least XBOX graphic level games, it would probably be a walking disaster. Besides the Zune HD is already coming out and it's supposed to have much better gaming capabilities, maybe even getting to XBOX 1 level graphics, why have two things competing against each other.
Old 18-07-2009   #4
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Whatever happens happens, competition is always good for the consumer though
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009   #5
SuperStaff
You have Nintendo and Sony going at it and now the Iphone with its crappy aps is supposedly giving them a run for the money. Then Zune HD like stated, which ill own, is coming out for more supposed competition, at least it will eat up Iphone buyers.

Imagine getting Red ring on PSP or it melting apart in your hands lol. You watching a movie on a trip with it on your lap, then out of no where your leg starts burning like hell and you cant get it off cus the plastic is stuck to your pants. Just playing lol, but its a fun thought.
Old 18-07-2009   #6
"The New Guy"
This would fail because handhelds are huge in Japan and we all know that MS has little success in that region.Also a big par of the DS and PSP's success is from first party franchises.MS lacks enough developers to make their own games specifically for a handheld.Shooters are not as successful on handhelds as they are on home consoles.They couldn't even deliver with the Zune so this thing would bomb worse than the Sega Nomad.
DarthNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009   #7
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
I think it's definitely to early to tell if this would fail or not. I don't think you can really compare how a company's hand held would do based on their main console. Nintendo had great handhelds while selling the gamecube. The game cube was horrible. What I'm getting at is that I don't think you can accurately say a Microsoft handheld will have the same failure rate as the 360. Companies learn. Plus the 360 sells well despite the failure rate. The reason why the Zune fails so bad is because most people that have enough money for it see the Ipod as a better option. Microsoft is pro at getting exclusives from sony as well as having their own developed. If they were to fail I doubt it would be because of their game library.

If they release a handheld that is good I'll embrace it. If it's crappy I'll see it for what it is, a peace of crap. For now I'll do neither.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009   #8
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
it's about time that Microsoft got into the portable world
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009   #9
SuperStaff
@Jordan but Ninty has the arcadish casual games galore library, good for a handheld terrible for a console. Remember when PSP first launched sony was bragging about all these great games, shooters, god of wars, all this cool stuff that was on a console is now on a handheld. Didnt do so hot, so where did they turn, to casual games which is prime time for handhelds.

When your using a handheld your more so doing it on a trip or waiting for something, passing time cus your not at home where your console is waiting. For that reason you dont really want to play a in depth game, just something fun and easy to get into to pass the time. Mario beats master cheif and solid snake there.

MS isnt good at that and doesnt have enough support for that in my opinion. They would be turning to their first parties which make shooters galore, with maybe a forza port. From there they would be relying on third parties. While Sony has all the platformer games that are easily ported over and ninty can make anything casual. Im not a fan of the wii but ill give credit where its due.
Old 19-07-2009   #10
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
@Jordan but Ninty has the arcadish casual games galore library, good for a handheld terrible for a console. Remember when PSP first launched sony was bragging about all these great games, shooters, god of wars, all this cool stuff that was on a console is now on a handheld. Didnt do so hot, so where did they turn, to casual games which is prime time for handhelds.

When your using a handheld your more so doing it on a trip or waiting for something, passing time cus your not at home where your console is waiting. For that reason you dont really want to play a in depth game, just something fun and easy to get into to pass the time. Mario beats master cheif and solid snake there.

MS isnt good at that and doesnt have enough support for that in my opinion. They would be turning to their first parties which make shooters galore, with maybe a forza port. From there they would be relying on third parties. While Sony has all the platformer games that are easily ported over and ninty can make anything casual. Im not a fan of the wii but ill give credit where its due.
Well I have to admit the 360 has a great game library. They focus their games on the demographics that will buy the games. These are hardcore games because that's what 360 owners want. If Microsoft owned the wii and not the 360 the game library would look drastically different than the 360's current library. If they create a portable than I think it's unfair to say that the games will not be suited for it. They'll make game's which target the right demographic, which is something I think they're good at.

Last edited by Jordan; 19-07-2009 at 10:15 AM..
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote