Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Multi-Platform / PC Chat > Microsoft Consoles
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 27-07-2009   #1
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
Halo Reach to be Bungies last Halo title.

I read on IGN that Halo: Reach is going to be Bungies last halo title and that they will be moving on to another IP.
But sadly it will not be the last Halo because recently revealed 343 industries will be overseeing halo in the future. Here is link ---> http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/100/1007095p1.html

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009   #2
PCN Content Provider
PSN ID: Y2DAZZ
All I can say is thank god for them, they'll finely be able to make something new, different and oh what's the word... GOOD.

Halo 1 was good, 2 and 3 were bad games.
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009   #3
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
They should just end the halo title. i mean they are dragging it too far and its becoming more and more garbage every title they release. it could be a greater game if the 360 wasn't so ****ty itself. the fact that Microsoft is stupid enough to let go of Bungie and give it to another crappy studio is beyond me.
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009   #4
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
<_<; Lots of hate for Halo going on..

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2009   #5
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
I find it funny that MS opened another studio to develope Halo, thats just ....wow lol. You think Square milking FF is bad, wait till its Halo 14. I kinda wish MS would actually bring new games to the table to justify buying a Xbox, but at the same time im happy they dont so i dont have to miss out on more than Gears. (which is on pc anyways lol)

However im excited to see what Bungie does, rather it still be exclusive to Xbox or not, im curious to see what title they cook up and how good it will be. Im also curious to see if they will go multi or stayed tied down to Xbox and become MS' Insomniac.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2009   #6
MOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd View Post
im not hating on halo, its just that they are dragging it so far and its becoming repetitive as if there is no more creativity into the game. plus the added limitations of the 360 just adds to the fire
Old 31-07-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
I can't see Bungie staying Microsoft exclusive, after all in their early days, they developed exclusively for the Mac and even Halo would have been multi-platform for the PC and Mac had Microsoft not bought the studio out during development and turned it into a XBOX/PC exclusive. But an end to Halo, necessary to the fullest, it was never was an amazing series, just decent, and now they are pushing the envelope or just plain ridiculous extensions. I mean an anime based Halo game, what else could they do, Halo Tennis, Halo Kart or Halo Bash.
Old 31-07-2009   #8
SuperStaff
Also worth mentioning Halo was originally a PS2 game, but Bungie needed funding or something of that nature at which Sony turned them down before MS bought them out entirely.
Old 31-07-2009   #9
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
it should be interesting to see what they do after Halo and what will happen to Halo when someone else starts making it. I wonder if 360 Fanboys will think that it's the most amazing thing ever
Old 01-08-2009   #10
SuperStaff
I think the fact that MS is planning to keep publishing a Halo franchise when Bungie tries to do their own thing is gonna kill them. Hopefully that ticks them off enough to make PlayStation games.

Its like Insomniac saying "ok we wanna try something new before Ratchet and Resistance get too over done" so they start making a new game but sony says "NO! We need those badly!!!!" and keeps making them without supporting Insomniacs new idea. They dont do that, they may have somewhat done it to Zipper with Socom, but thats it. You dont see them still making spyro or anything.
Old 01-08-2009   #11
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd View Post
I would agree, but I also say that there is a lot of love for the game
Old 02-08-2009   #12
MOD
Microsoft let go of Bungie but kept the Title "Halo". Now since Bungie is an open studio, if they started developing games for the ps3, imagine a halo like game but 100 000 better and more exciting
Old 02-08-2009   #13
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
I see Bungie going multiplat, they've made quite a name for themselves these past years.

As far as the new developer taking the reigns, this may be a longshot but I'm predicting Rare.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #14
SuperStaff
Isnt the studio called 343 Studios or something. Just like Sony's 989 Studios haha.
Old 02-08-2009   #15
MOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Isnt the studio called 343 Studios or something. Just like Sony's 989 Studios haha.
yeah it is 343 Studios that is taking over the Halo Franchise
Old 05-08-2009   #16
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
if they do go multiplat i wonder what the new franchise will be

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009   #17
MOD
i think they will develop a franchise exclusively for the ps3 just to get back at M$ but also develop multiplat games as well