Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation Network
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 27-05-2011   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
PS Store Coming Back?

Well of course we missed the rumored and never confirmed date this week but now Sony has published that a new maintenance window for the PlayStation Network is coming up shortly and it does hint at the possible return of the Store but the catch, it's scheduled for May 31st, basically the last day of Sony's promise to get the Store back up and running by the end of this month.

Personally between this, how long it took the Network to come back up in the first place and my past experiences with Sony, I have a feeling my PS3 purchases past Portal 2 will be dropping to pretty much nothing (where by compairson my XBOX 360 will be 7 games strong by the time it hits a month in age).
Old 27-05-2011   #2
Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Racer1 View Post
Well of course we missed the rumored and never confirmed date this week but now Sony has published that a new maintenance window for the PlayStation Network is coming up shortly and it does hint at the possible return of the Store but the catch, it's scheduled for May 31st, basically the last day of Sony's promise to get the Store back up and running by the end of this month.

Personally between this, how long it took the Network to come back up in the first place and my past experiences with Sony, I have a feeling my PS3 purchases past Portal 2 will be dropping to pretty much nothing (where by compairson my XBOX 360 will be 7 games strong by the time it hits a month in age).
A lot of people feel this way, but it's more likely now that Sony has the best security system of all the console makers right now. I have a feeling that the PS Store is coming back on time though, but I'll probably stick to PSN cards for a while.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2011   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
idk man, I think microsoft was and is just as vulnerable, but they were not in the crosshairs of hackers.

While I hate waiting, Im hoping its taking this long because they are running exhaustive checks on the new infrastructure to make sure any would be leaks are patched properly.

I wouldnt jump ship so easy, given that I think I will continue gaming into the next generation, and hope to
play my old games on new hardware, microsoft's lackadaisical history with shipping giant amounts of
faulty hardware out for sale will keep me in sony's camp,
I'll mark this whole hack business off as a reality check for Sony and let them make it up to us.

Last edited by SaintAvi; 27-05-2011 at 06:10 PM..
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2011   #4
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Had an Xbox the entire time it was down, and still called and canceled Live after it came back up. It just isn't worth paying for when all it comes down to is me wanting to play games online. Then I was at Gamestop talking about what games I should get for it to pass time and all they could say was Halo.

I respect the game, but my god its so horrible to me. It feels like a dated Unreal Tournement. I was loving Gears, and Alan Wake was pretty badass too, but I just ended up going back to Call of Duty...so i'm sticking with PS3. Granted if all the rumors of PSN becoming paid come true, i might actually go to Live.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2011   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
there will always be a free version of psn, they've set precedence this gen already
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2011   #6
PCN Master
Well I will say security has never been my concern/worry, anything the hackers have is something you could look up in a phonebook, so why worry about it.

Another thing has simply been pricing lately, I already own most of the cheaper games I wanted for PS3 where 360 by entering a few years late I've yet to spend more than $15 on a single title I've bought for the system so far (the highlight being getting Pure for $2.68).

Oh and a small note for Canadians, if you haven't already heard, Blockbuster Canada has hit bankruptcy proceedings and as a result many stores are closing and taking 30% off everything in the store (whether it's new or used games, movies, TV seasons, etc, even the food they sell is 30% off). As a result last night I picked up a used copy of Medal of Honor for 360 for $11.85 including taxes.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 28-05-2011 at 12:40 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2011   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I was tempted to go to Blockbuster to go get stuff but right now I don't even have a job yet and I'm taking classes over the summer, so I don't really have time or money for new games when I don't even play the games I have much
Old 31-05-2011   #8
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Well looks like the PSN Store will be making it's return before E3...That's good for Sony....Cause if it wasn't restored prior to E3....It would've been disastorous for them.

Source..
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2011   #9
PCN Master
Wow, that's really pathetic, Sony waits until they are practically on top of the May 31st deadline to announce, oh yeah, the PlayStation Store, it will come up this week, we "promise". At this point I won't believe a thing that comes out of Sony mouth except the words, the PlayStation Store is live since they have no concept of deadlines and no problem lying about them. The only good news is E3 might finally kick Sony in the butt to make this deadline because as glen mentioned, if the Store isn't live by E3, Sony would be destroyed there (although I doubt it's going to be amazing for them either even if the Store does go live before E3).
Old 31-05-2011   #10
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
I don't understand why people think Sony's going to suck it up at E3. I think other than Nintendo announcing a new Wii, they have the most anticipation out of me. They have a ton of games to show off, NGP, and so on.

Microsoft seems to be relaxing on a Gears of War 3 couch not really caring. Which could turn out to be awesome but who knows.

As for the store thing, ive said it before, sony couldn't meet deadlines period. So im not really surprised to see a new deadline here. If its not up by e3 thats just sad.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote