Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 11-06-2010   #1
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Is the PS3 about to explode in terms of sales?

I'm at work on a Friday and it is quite boring today. So I started looking up my usual preferred PS3 news sites and it appears that all things are really good for the PS3 right now. So I started thinking how Sony has really set them selves up for a huge explosion in sales. Here is a small list of things I came up with.

1.The PS3 will be the only 3D console for 2010 and probably for 2011 as well. The 3DS not withstanding.
2. Sony Move will be superior to Natal and/or Wave. You actually hold something.
3. Sony has finally got some good TV marketing. Kevin Butler need I say more.
4. The exclusive games on the PS3 are far superior to the other consoles. Where should I start.
5. With a free version of PSN and a PSN+ (which we'lll have to pay). Finally Cross game chat?

I do believe Sony has positioned the PS3 to really continue it's momentum which started last August with the release of the "slim". The PS3 could have it's best year yet. I do think Sony needs to really look at the US market and close the 9million unit gap between PS3 and 360 though.

What do you guys think? Can Sony come from behind and dominate again like it did with the PS2? Or are they in a hole Sony can't dig out of?
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
well i read somewhere that Cross game chat will not be a pay feature, they quoted some Sony exec saying that the Premium service will not hinder (or some variation of that word) the non paying PSN users and that Cross game chat ONLY being on the premium service would hinder the non paying users and it really wouldnt make sense.

And to your points 2 and 4 those are VERY VERY subjective in terms of the customers i mean i agree with you on both points but it is very subjective.

I do agree with you that the PS3 should sell VERY well this year though and should close the gap on the 360 quite a bit, I was actually looking at YTD sales and I believe the PS3 is actually ahead of the 360 by like a Million units sold so far this year so i do think that they PS3/Sony can climb out of hole that they are in right now, that is unless you actually count the Wii in on this hole then no they cannot surpass the Wii and if you are only counting until the next systems are out then it will be harder to get out of the hole but if you going to count until they take the PS3 off the market i would suspect that the PS3 will be on the market longer than the 360 anyways even after the next generation is out
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I think the PS has been going strong for a bit now because of the price drop and all the games that have been coming out.
I've even heard 360 fanboys jealous of God of War 3.
I've even heard jealousy towards MAG, just a small amount though.
I'm not being a fanboy or anything but I think it could catch up by 2012.
but I will agree with Dipchit and say that the PS will be ahead by the time they take it off the market.
i will agree that the PS3 will probably stay on the market longer than the 360 because just look at what Microsoft did to the original Xbox after the 360 came out