Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 16-06-2010   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Cross-Game Chat Is Coming

As revealed by PushSquare, Sony has finally announced the addition of cross-game chat with some details as well.

The specifics on it being that anyone can join a cross-game chat (regardless if they pay for PSN+ or not) but only PSN+ members will be able to start a cross-game chat session so if you've got a group of people you want to chat with, only one person in your group will need to fork out the cash for a subscription for you to reap the rewards.

With the addition of this long awaited feature I can see it being a reason why some people will cough up the fee but despite what Sony is giving out with a subscription I don't see it being something I'll pay for because great you get free stuff, but that free stuff is only yours as long as you have a subscription and everything else was already delivered by Qore and that wasn't exactly a resounding sucess.
Old 16-06-2010   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
there seems to be alot of different stories on this lately so i honestly dont know what to believe anymore
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010   #3
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
I think it would be best to wait for Sony to announce something. As dipchit says there are alot of different stories floating around right now.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010   #4
PCN Member
I hope it wont be a premium thing, that would suck!
LewisJ999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
This is a gray area right now in terms of how itll function depending on whether you are paid or unpaid.

While I am considering giving the PSN+ a try I hope that this function will be open to be initiated by all users.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010   #6
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Well it appears that any plans were not real as Sony has since issued a statement to PlayStation LifeStyle saying:

Cross-game voice chat was not announced as part of PlayStation Plus. The new offering provides subscribers features such as frequent discounts on PlayStation Store content, free and exclusive access to select games, full game trials, early invitations to select betas of popular games, and new functionality such as content downloads and updates which will automatically be “pushed” to the PS3 system even when consumers are not using their system.

Basically cross game chat will not be arriving next month with PlayStation Plus and it is still a mystery as to whether we will be paying for it or not as a feature of Plus later on, but for now until Sony announces something, we will just have to wait for cross game chat.