Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 16-06-2010   #1
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Sony E3 conference impressions.

I thought someone would've had this thread started by.

OK...My first impressions is, Sony had the best Press Conference for me. I've been reading on the internet (which you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet) that Nintendo actually stole the show. I guess with all of it's remakes of NES games... Oh and that 3inch 3D screen is why.

Now back to Sony....Sony started good (Killzone3), had a very good middle (KB and some good Move material not too long like MS), and ended strong (Portal2 and Twisted Metal). I like that Sony had a very good balance to hardcore and the casual markets. No hate!

Things that I thought we would see but didn't:
1. Uncharted 3 (maybe too soon)
2. Resistance 3 (should be out this year?)
3. New PS3 models (there were a lot of reports flying early prior to E3. What happened?)
4. New PSP2 (no show or mention/does it exist?)
5. The Last Guardian (Last year but not this year???)
6. Ico Collection (But we did see the Sly Collection)

I like to see Sony doing a new ad campaign for the PSP that Marcus kid is funny. Can't wait to see him and KB mix it up some more.

Like the new PSN+. Will definitely become a member. Well, that's about it in the nutshell for me. What did you think?
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010   #2
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: bharat4ever
I had to stay up at night to watch the show. Was pretty good, with footage from KZ3 and SOCOM. KZ3 keeps getting better. They have some decent titles for Move too. I think will try out Move with Heavy Rain and RE5.
But, they screwed up in the week before the show. Infamous 2, and KZ3 getting leaked were big mistakes. Sony wouldve owned E3 if they'd announced both these games at the conference. And Twisted Metal isnt E3 climax material IMO.

And btw, Gabe!!!! He almost seemed scared, like the PS3 fanboys are gonna beat him up. Well, lets start embracing him now :P after all, he said that PS3 is the most open platform now, and that Portal 2 will look best on the PS3.
Wonder how much Sony did to bring him back... Or did M$ shoo him off... either way, i want to see a new Half Life on the PS3 :)
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010   #3
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
How bout we dont start embracing him now. Its just one game, we still dont see Half Life coming to PS3 or a Orange Box fix coming anytime soon.

As for the conference. Where is Resistance?! They "rumored" all these badass games to be appearing and yet we get stuck with an hour of Move and 3D.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010   #4
PCN Member
I think the conference showed that Sony are getting some more third party support, with EA giving us some extra stuff in the games and valve giving us portal, which means there probably opening up to PS3 development.

Kevin Butler was EPIC!
LewisJ999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Nintendo in my mind came in first with Sony as a close second and microsoft in a distant third.

Kevin Butler was great, was hoping to have EA announce mass effect 1+2 for PS3 and
the lack of The Last Guardian stopped it from overtaking Nintendo.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010   #6
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
I dont know why no one has mentioned the LACK of Agent from Rockstar at the show and why we still know NOTHING about this EXCLUSIVE game yet.

I also really did like to see EA giving the PS3 some LOVE this E3.

It would have also been nice to see Insomniac's new game (maybe not at Sony's conference but at least at EA's).

I absolutely LOVED Kevin Butler at the conference.

Resistance 3 is another game I thought would be announced at Sony's conference.
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2010   #7
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: bharat4ever
Rockstar wasn't there at E3, were they? Maybe that's the reason Agent wasn't there too. I think that that'll be the main event at GDC.
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010   #8
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
I think rockstar are just content to ride on the wave of positivity that Red Dead has
brought them. If AGENT will be debuted at all this year I'd figure it to be at Spike's
VGA awards.

As for Resistance, I can understand it not getting any spotlight, no need to saturate
their FPS offerings, especially with Insomniac now developing for the competition as well.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2010   #9
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
yeah but I would think that Insomniac is not going to booted out of the Sony conference because they are working with EA to make a multiplatform game and there was only one other FPS shown at the conference i would have thought it would have been shown because that was not "leaked" before E3
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote