Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Forum Rules & Announcements > Rules & Annoucements
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 21-10-2009   #1
Staff
PSN ID: ExcelBeyond
Site suggestions/criticisms

As you guys know, ultimately this site is here to serve you guys, the fans. If you have any suggestions or criticisms, post them up here, we'd love to hear whatever you've got. Content is boring, news isn't posted enough, reviews aren't posted timely, not enough forum activity, content is fanboyish or offensive, don't like an author, don't like the forum/site set up, whatever, don't hold back!

As I'm sure you remember, Michal announced a few months ago that we're working on a new site, PSSync, that PS3Center will eventually transition into, so you're feedback now will help set the stage for our relaunch!
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Consolidate the boards a bit, take note of which areas receive the least traffic and then fold them into other categories.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Well I've got one, since I'm taking a course on Internet design, I've been learning about web standards and one thing we were introduced to was HTML/XHTML validation. The W3C or World Wide Web Consortium runs a website that checks websites to see if they follow correct web standards so a unified experience is created on all platforms and unfortunately the last time I checked the website had 279 errors and 200 warnings. Granted from personal experience usually just one thing missing actually sets off a chain so granted there might not be 200 actual errors but you get the idea.

Outside the inner workings of the website I would say I agree with SaintAvi, some things should be consolidated, maybe the PlayStation 3 Games section into the PlayStation 3 section alltogether and just turn the PlayStation Network section into just one large section as Home threads and support threads are few and far between. Also maybe the amount of news being posted although that's also probably partially due to the rather weak amount of PS3 news lately.
Old 22-10-2009   #4
PCN Master
Actually continuing that point I made about the HTML problems, I went over to the PSSync website, since there isn't much to it, I figured I'd experiment with the page to try and eliminate the errors that show up on that page when it's validated. So I ended up getting a version of the page (with modifications) to pass under W3C standards although I did convert it to XHTML 1.0 Transitional vs. the HTML 4.0 it currently uses, it now has an external CSS stylesheet although that can be switched to inline as well and it does look slightly different although I'm sure I could get it closer if I actually wanted to spend a significant amount of time on it. Anyway if anyone wants the files for whatever reason I can send them or if you want we to get rid of them I will gladly do so but this is what it looks like. Also sorry for the double post but I can't edit my previous response.

Old 01-12-2009   #5
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
it might be a good idea to merge some low traffic areas on this site, such as ,maybe the PSP and PS2 sections since they don't get as much traffic, so u could put them into one section and maybe merge PS3 games with the rest of the PS3 discussion
I don't really know that much about website design though, so I don't know if I'll actually be of any use to u guys but those are just suggestions

I think the site is very good right now though, I like it a lot more than any other site I've been on
Old 06-02-2010   #6
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0tl3sl4y3r View Post
it might be a good idea to merge some low traffic areas on this site, such as ,maybe the PSP and PS2 sections since they don't get as much traffic, so u could put them into one section and maybe merge PS3 games with the rest of the PS3 discussion
I don't really know that much about website design though, so I don't know if I'll actually be of any use to u guys but those are just suggestions

I think the site is very good right now though, I like it a lot more than any other site I've been on
edit: I would think it would be cool to add a section where we can post Playstation Store updates
Old 07-02-2010   #7
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
I like the site the only problem I have is that when I login on the computer and check the box so of remembers me the next day when I ft back on the site it doesn't stay logged in

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010   #8
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by trediddy View Post
I like the site the only problem I have is that when I login on the computer and check the box so of remembers me the next day when I ft back on the site it doesn't stay logged in
what internet browser are you using?
I'm using the latest version of Firefox and I can stay logged in all the time
Old 07-02-2010   #9
PCN Master
At least you stay logged in, to this day I can't stay logged into the forums/website for more than a couple of moves around the website, 98% of the time whenever I want to open a thread, edit my profile, etc. I have to log in and I run Firefox 3.6, Chromium and Internet Explorer 8. Yet the minute I go home to my Bell Internet access, the forums/website work perfectly and no other website does that (Amazon, GMail, Bell.ca, YouTube, Yahoo!, etc). It's why I constantly appear as logged in too, because unless I explicitly log out which to do so usually requires me to sign-in again, the forums always think I'll still on until the time-out kicks in (most websites have this as a security feature) and disconnects my account.
Old 07-02-2010   #10
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
im using internet explorer

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010   #11
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by trediddy View Post
im using internet explorer
yeah I had problems when I used Internet Explorer as well but then I switched to Mozilla Firefox in case you don't have it I'll give you the link, I can't guarantee it will work for you but it worked for me
Old 07-02-2010   #12
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: fatlifeforlife
i would like to see more news. i would love more forum activity but i just dont see that happening without hurting the forum with spammers and useless posts. otherwise i think its near perfect
Old 10-02-2010   #13
PCN Master
Do keep an eye on the forums, we have several members here who do post news on the forums before it may be posted on the main website news section, ex. ModNation Racers coming to the PSP, the possibility of Demon Souls 2, Fallout New Vegas being confirmed. All of that news was reported on the forums first because for forum members we can search the Internet and throw together a post much faster than it takes to make a posting for a news article on the main website.
Old 10-02-2010   #14
Staff
Yeah, we realize our news output has been ****e lately - it's something we've been working on. Keep in mind we make no money doing this, and a lot of the staff has 9-5 jobs or attends college full time, so we try to do the best we can. I can't really talk too much about what's going on behind the scenes, but we are looking for news posters.

Send us an e-mail here if you'd be interested: [email protected]

Last edited by Nick; 10-02-2010 at 05:16 PM..
Old 15-02-2010   #15
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
Whatever happened to the rebrandding of the website?
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010   #16
Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by glen421 View Post
Whatever happened to the rebrandding of the website?
It's still going on, we wanted to launch the new website in Q4 2009, but it keeps getting delayed for development reasons. Hopefully we'll see it by Q2 2010, maybe earlier.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010   #17
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Im not sure how possible this is, but the creation of a database of popular online games, where selection of a title would display users who have it.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010   #18
PCN Master
SaintAvi's idea is actually pretty cool

have u guys decided on who will be the news providers yet?
Old 08-03-2010   #19
Staff
We're still working on the news. I'm back on it full time for now, so hopefully you'll see an increase again.

As to Saint Avi's idea, we'll pass it on to Mike, see if we can get it in for PSSync.