Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 12-12-2009   #21
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Not during black friday, remember this
http://www.amazon.com/Friday-Bundle-...0646334&sr=1-3

Both games, and it was the same price i believe. Its not anymore, but still. Also remember it wasnt just THIS specific bundle either. Bestbuy had similar bundles (they had uncharted at 299), walmart had bundles etc...

compared to this
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcad...0646457&sr=1-3

and if you look at "things people buy with this item" you notice its all controllers and games for PS3, meanwhile its necasary things for the Arcade. What im saying is the initial cost of purely the system and nothing else your right, but being christmas time and buying things for kids they are not buying just the console so they are saving no money.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #22
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin S. View Post
Not during black friday, remember this
http://www.amazon.com/Friday-Bundle-...0646334&sr=1-3

Both games, and it was the same price i believe. Its not anymore, but still. Also remember it wasnt just THIS specific bundle either. Bestbuy had similar bundles (they had uncharted at 299), walmart had bundles etc...

compared to this
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcad...0646457&sr=1-3

and if you look at "things people buy with this item" you notice its all controllers and games for PS3, meanwhile its necasary things for the Arcade. What im saying is the initial cost of purely the system and nothing else your right, but being christmas time and buying things for kids they are not buying just the console so they are saving no money.
I'm not sure how that ties into what I said. I was stating a benefit to the 360. The low initial cost is what I stated as benefiting sales and you tried to refute that. You then agreed the low price point looks good to consumers. Now you change your mind when I confirm you agree?

Quote:
Jordan is right, on the shelf sitting next to a PS3 at a lower price its more attractive.
So which is it? You're contradicting yourself.

Last edited by Jordan; 12-12-2009 at 03:35 PM..
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #23
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
I must agree with Jordan and Dustin, I'm not paying $50 for something that SHOULD be free but other people will, so I won't criticize them for it
When I got my PS3, I was willing to pay the extra $100 or whatever so that I knew I wouldn't ever have to pay for my online and to be able to use wireless right out of the box without having to buy any addons for it
some people don't mind paying for live or extra addons to use wireless because a lot of their friends are on it.
I think the 360 is a pretty sweet system but for me, the PS3 is more worth my money because I don't wanna pay for online and to not have to worry about RROD, not saying that it's guaranteed to happen to every 360 but there's a good chance that I don't wanna take
mostly it comes down to the online, which I surely don't wanna pay for
sure some of my "real life" friends have 360s but I am not paying for it and some of my "real life" friends have 360s so I bought a PS3 to play with them
I'll play the 360 but I like the PS3 more, not to criticize people who like the 360 more
Old 13-12-2009   #24
SuperStaff
@ Jordan i wasnt replying to you, was replying to dipchit. You got in before i pushed submit lol
Old 13-12-2009   #25
PCN Senior
Quote:
@ Jordan i wasnt replying to you, was replying to dipchit. You got in before i pushed submit lol
My bad LOL

Disregard then.
Old 13-12-2009   #26
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: XxHsHLeaderxX
i Think Yall Understood My point, Good
Old 13-12-2009   #27
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Funneh View Post
i Think Yall Understood My point, Good
No. I actually disagree with a lot of what you said.
Old 13-12-2009   #28
SuperStaff
So did everyone else thats usuelly pro PS3 lol...
Old 14-12-2009   #29
"The New Guy"
I was also surprised by this news, Sony has done a lot in the past few months. They released a new PS3 model and a great exclusive (Uncharted 2). I was expecting the PS3 to surpass the 360 untill next year.
Old 14-12-2009   #30
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
i expect the PS3 to just take off next year though i mean early on we got Heavy Rain and GoW III 2 big titles and then GT5 when ever that finally comes out
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009   #31
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
yeah......we've got so many great titles coming out next year, I wouldn't be surprised if sales ae huge next year
Old 14-12-2009   #32
SuperStaff
To be honest im tired of saying it, so im not going to. In 2007 it was all about 2008, in 2008 it was all about 2009. And year after year Sony cant follow through. Its always "delayed" for some random excuse, then the game finally comes but guess what we have 10 other great games within the first week of it. Top it off with the fact they just now learned how to market things and they are only marketing because of the holidays, I dont expect to see that around in february to march.

If Sony wants to "win" 2010 this is what HAS to be done to do so

-Follow through on the games, dont friggin delay them. Follow through with a "suprise" holiday lineup too. Caugh Resistance 3....

-Market the hell out of every game and product they release. This includes PS3, Blu ray, exclusives, and the motion controllers

-Open your wallets and buy exclusive content. Its obviously doing something for MS or they wouldnt keep doing it. Get exclusive Battlefield content, make Medal of Honor YOUR Call of Duty. Get more Batman content, get some Star Wars content. The 360 thrives off this stuff because MS studios dont make enough games, you start taking it from them they are in trouble.
Old 19-12-2009   #33
"The New Guy"
I didnt expect Jordan 2 agree, he is way to ignorant :]
Old 19-12-2009   #34
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Funneh View Post
I didnt expect Jordan 2 agree, he is way to ignorant :]
LOL.

That is too funny. If anything I preach against ignorance, which is the result of any/all disagreements I have in this forum. I mean, your first post reeks of ignorance to the point where it hurts. I'd actually be offended by what you said if you knew how to spell and construct your thoughts properly. Since you can't I assume you must be 13 or younger which is why I'd feel bad for flaming you. I can if you feel it's necessary though. I can quote your posts point by point to prove your stupidity.
Old 19-12-2009   #35
SuperStaff
Take if from experience, unless your good at standing behind what you said, dont eff with Jordan haha
Old 19-12-2009   #36
PCN Senior
Quote:
Take if from experience, unless your good at standing behind what you said, dont eff with Jordan haha
lol :)
Old 21-12-2009   #37
"The New Guy"
i dont believe i have said anything wrong, i rly dont, idk wat jordan talks bs about.