Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > Forum Rules & Announcements > Rules & Annoucements
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 01-02-2009   #1
The Creator
Site Admin
PSN ID: popiul99
I want to hear from you guys

Hey guys,

As you can clearly see, we're still trying to build the community! People register to the website but don't post yet!

Please give us your opinion on the site design, forum design / appeal etc. We'd like to make it grow and I really think that you guys should be the first ones to tell me what we're doing wrong or right :)
Old 01-02-2009   #2
PCN Senior
Game reviews ON DATE RELEASED or PRIOR to release... no point in being behind every other website by like 3 weeks
More game reviews (not just blockbusters)

User game review section on forums
Game hints help section on forums

Easier access and UI for screenshots/photos and videos
EIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #3
The Creator
Site Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIN View Post
Game reviews ON DATE RELEASED or PRIOR to release... no point in being behind every other website by like 3 weeks

Fully agree with you on getting game reviews on the release date (just some publishers are a pain in the a**).

User game review section... do you think we should make a sep section then?

UI.. what do you mean by that? (We added a new header on the homepage btw.. yes I know there is an alignment issue with I.E... we're getting that retouched tonight hopefully!)
Old 03-02-2009   #4
PCN Senior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal View Post
Fully agree with you on getting game reviews on the release date (just some publishers are a pain in the a**).

User game review section... do you think we should make a sep section then?

UI.. what do you mean by that? (We added a new header on the homepage btw.. yes I know there is an alignment issue with I.E... we're getting that retouched tonight hopefully!)
I havent seen a user review section which is why i mentioned it... because people are throwing their own opinions around,and I wouldnt want that to color what newcomers think of the site... maybe throw it under General Chat section

UI is User Interface, and its a little clunky to use... for example: to get a full size screenie from the screenshots you have to click on the one you want from the selection... go to a new page, and click it again to get the fullsize... then go back again before you can browse the rest of the thumbnailed pics... unnecessary complication I think. Gamespot has a running slider at the top powered by flash or java (i think) that allows for quick thumbnail viewing of all the pics in that folder which is very efficient
The video selection is also strange in that it will sometimes stretch the resolution to fit the allotted area on the screen, reducing image quality. Options are limited to adjust any issues with the videos (such as fullscreen), and the ability to download them, or to have HD versions would be a nice touch
Old 03-02-2009   #5
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: Coheebria
I would like to see a few random boob and ass shots floating around, preferably of Masuimi Max, but hey that's just me lol
Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #6
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
I agree it would be nice to have a user review section. I'd love to read everyone's reviews! and maybe we'd get newly released game reviews sooner. ^^; Don't kill meh!! I love reading your guys' reviews, don't get me wrong, it just takes a while..

maybe a gadget or tech section in the forums? kind of always wanted one..

What about a weekly news letter emailed to everyone? you could post a link in the email to all the news stories, reviews, previews, interviews, and stuff like that. It could spark the interest of people who have already signed up but failed to post anything or continue coming back to the site.

OH, while i'm here, what happened to all the DVD, Blu-Ray, and gadget reviews we used to get? I liked those...

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #7
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: INF3RNO132103
While the new header looks nice. The big ad at the top looks rather unprofessional. Just my opinion. On the user reviews topic, rather than "forcing" users to write up a big review, a better option would be just to have a form with a slider from 1 to 10 for their rating of the game, then two small text boxes where the user can list their pros and cons of the game. Much less intimidating and accessible for all users to be able to express their opinions. And you need a reward/respect system integrated into it for further motivation. (Basically just integrate it with the points system you have going)
inferno1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #8
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
I agree with the slider that inferno mentioned

I would like to see the news posted be linked with the respective forum post so that posts in either will register for the story on the front page, giving a visitor a greater feeling of an underlying community existing.
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #9
PCN Addict
PSN ID: AdventOfAnarchy
Since this has kind of become a suggestion thread now, I have a little bit of a bone to pick. I'm using a wide screen monitor now and the background doesn't stretch far enough on the sides so I have black bars where the back ground should be. I know it's nitpicking but it kind of bugs me.

I also agree that a slider would be a good idea, or maybe what you use at the end of reviews to rate the gameplay, sound, graphics and stuff. That would be cool.

"I am wearing my safety goggles, that is how serious I am about this game."
lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009   #10
The Creator
Site Admin
Fully agree with all of your comments. I will take note of every single suggestion this week and talk to my programmers .. see what's possible for the Flash Slider. As for the forum posts to be automatically posted in the news posts .. I think we can make that happen as well... we'll just need to research a little :)

Keep on giving them to me! I wanna hear all comments .. good/bad
Old 08-02-2009   #11
PCN Senior
why would you want to hear the bad ones mihau? lol
Old 09-02-2009   #12
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
make the site more friendlier to people with slow internet connections and/or lower display settings. other than that, this site runs perfectly. thank your programmers
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009   #13
The Creator
Site Admin
Will do Sauderbmw :)

And for EIN .. well obviously there are things you guys dont like .. and I want to hear them!
Old 14-02-2009   #14
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: SamuryKyo
Well as far as I can. I'm using Google chrome and it stops all the pop-ups. But at the end of the day I look at how many there are and theres like dam 20, 30. I agues there's a lot of people getting too many pop-ups. But it depends, if they pay you for advertising then go ahead. But I like the site a lot. So I'll be staying here for a while, Oh and bring more people.
Old 08-06-2009   #15
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
as it is right now i think it is quite easy to get around i mean every thing you want to get to is at the top right there where it is nice and easy to find
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #16
Playstation ZEALOT
PSN ID: Cyphers_Lock
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIN View Post

I agree with getting games reviewed prior to or on the release date, just understand that like Mike said, PR can be slow to respond, though I've had success in phoning them. And people go on holidays as well. Still, I do agree.
Old 09-06-2009   #17
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
I think the site is going in the right direction. All members seem to be cool and respectful of other peoples opinions. I think the site could be more inviting to new members to post. Not sure how you do that maybe more points for your first post or somehthing. I would like to maybe see something like "Staff Picks" or maybe even "Budget Gaming picks". I do agree with one post that the large advertisement is a bit extreme.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #18
Playstation ZEALOT
PSN ID: Cyphers_Lock
I think that Staff Picks and Budget Picks are both excellent ideas and will make sure Mike knows about them. The budget idea especially as we all want the most bang for our gaming dollar.
Old 09-06-2009   #19
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
yea budget gaming picks. that is a great idea why didnt i think of that? im so stupid
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #20
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
To elaborate a little more on "Budget Picks" Amazon has Video Game deals of the Day (you can have them texted to your cell). Now typically this may not always be a PS3 title but if the "deal of the day" is on 360 then it most likely will be for the PS3 version as well. I think that Amazon is the best place for pricing on games. Does anybody else know where there are good deals?
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote