Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 01-05-2009   #1
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
What are the best racing games on the PS3?

I just got my PS3 about 2 months ago and I want to know what racing games to get because I don't have any yet and I love to play racing games. I want to know what racing games people think are the best.
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009   #2
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Burnout Paradise has received tons of support post launch + Its cheap

Pure, which never got the recognition it deserves is also great and currently should be on
sale at your local bestbuy for $10 during their current promotion
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009   #3
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: monkey8283
Burnout: Paradise. I love that game. And 75% of its DLC is free.
monkeynerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009   #4
PCN Member
PSN ID: machado4
yes burnout paradise, you wont get bored and its always fun to play online with friends
machado4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #5
"The New Guy"
I would say Burnout Paradise and GT5 Prologue are tops
alcatraz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #6
"The New Guy"
Burnout: Paradise. I love that game
and after that midnight club for ps3 as a second choice
Ps3-Reviewer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #7
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Obviously Burnout Pardise but at the same time take away online and GRID is an awesome game. Just dont play it online because people are dbags and total your car on purpose its dumb.
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #8
Staff
PSN ID: tonzie
FUEL is going to be amazing, I'm holding out for that one. ;)
tonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #9
PCN Master
okay, I'll definitely get Burnout Paradise then. I was thinking Motostorm, but since they're both cheap I'll get both then, since Burnout seems to be getting a good response, thanks guys
m0tl3sl4y3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009   #10
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
i would say grid, GT5 prologue and F1 championship edition if you love f1 racing games.
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009   #11
PCN Master
I got Burnout Paradise a month ago and I love it
Old 03-10-2009   #12
SuperStaff
I now have to add Need for Speed Shift to my car game list, that game is just wow.
Old 03-10-2009   #13
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Well I've played the demo for Need For Speed: Shift and I am honestly disappointed, the handling seems off to me, I do not like the ****pit view whatsoever, the damage is absolutely stupid, I have purposely tried to kill my car and after repeated blows at high speed, my car refuses to die even with damage turned on "Full", the shaky camera, blur and effects are disorienting and the stupid demo has froze my console, no other PlayStation 3 games I own or have demos for do that, and considering the amount of problems this game is apparently having it doesn't inspire my confidence in the full game. Grid completely destroys this game in realism, handling and graphics, the textures on the grass and other parts just looked like something I saw in a launch game for the PlayStation 3.

At this point after the disaster ProStreet was and the disappointment of Undercover plus this game, I would say EA just can't bring Need For Speed back to what is was, if they just could have given us Most Wanted 2 or Hot Pursuit 3 I would have been happy. I will give EA credit though, despite all the **** advertising in Burnout Paradise, I've had fun playing it and it will most likely end up being the first game I earn a Platinum trophy in.

Also, if you want to play some Gran Turismo for free, try the Gran Turismo HD Concept, although I have a sneaky suspicion it's long gone from the PlayStation Store since it was a free demo and since the Prologue released I imagine they want people buying that instead, but if you know someone who downloaded it, ask them to share it with you, because it can still be downloaded if you got if before they took it off. Other than that, I'll throw Midnight Club: Los Angeles out there, very good game, great selection of cars along with some decent multiplayer.

Also can you stop with the reviving of dead threads, this is starting to get ridiculous the amount of threads being brought back.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 03-10-2009 at 11:22 PM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #14
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: bharat4ever
I beg to disagree. I have the complete game, and I haven't had this much fun in a racing game ever. The camera shakes and blurs are supposed to be disorienting because it is supposed to produce the effect that you have crashed your car and driver is trying to come back to his senses. And the blurring effect you get when you are travelling at high speeds conveys the very fact. You are travelling at a very high speed, and cannot see everything around you crystal clear.

Shift is between a sim and an arcade game, and though you cannot expect realism like the GT series, it still does a very good job of holding you interest through all the four tiers. at no point in the game would you say this is getting repetitive.

Agreed the damage is unrealistic, but what is the point in damage anyway? drive the car without crashing is the object of the game isn't it?

This game is very comparable to GRID, and grid does not destroy it. I would actually rate this game better just due to the ****pit view
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #15
PCN Master
The point behind the damage being to the point where you kill the car is so you just can't go demolition derby on the opponents cars and force them off the road, in Shift besides some steering damage I could literally ram people all I want and feel no real effects, at least in GRID, if you did that after awhile you wouldn't be keeping up with the other cars, it actually makes you want to be a good driver. Also GRID had a nice ****pit view too and I don't really care about how these new effects are supposed to make it more realistic, if all it's going to do is make me feel disoriented/sick, kind of defeats the purpose of a game being for fun, plus of all the dumb things, if it's supposed to be more of a sim, I mean that's the direction EA was pitching it as, why in the world after a crash is your car automatically facing the correct direction. I'll say Shift maybe isn't as bad as other NFS games, but it just doesn't have any appeal to me.

Last edited by X_Racer1; 04-10-2009 at 12:39 AM..
X_Racer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009   #16
SuperStaff
I think the ****pit view is the most realistic and awesome thing ive seen. Ive been in a real car crash, ive been in a super fast car, and ive done some of these things and that stuff happens. Some cars start to shake really bad at high speeds, you start to feel differnt things, your vision isnt as clear, and you do seriously get a feeling in your stomach kinda telling you to slow down. Let alone on my surround sound the sound is brilliant!

There are some nit picking things about it, but none of that bugs me because this is an amazing racer and since GT is coming I can say its the best this year and for a while. I loved GRID but Shift feels so much better to me.

Im not meaning this in a negative way or anything, but I think people hating EA just because its EA is kinda stupid now. EA no longer is a sub par company putting out trash, they actually have extremely good games coming out now that many people should play. Unlike that of Activision...
Old 04-10-2009   #17
PCN Master
At this point, I just don't like the game, I don't care if it's EA or not, if I had cared, I would have not even downloaded the demo, I was more than willing to give it a shot and it just doesn't appeal to me, this thread is asking for advice on racing games, I gave mine, plain and simple. Besides there's way too many other things in the video game industry to hate right now, like Activision, the move to screwing gamers over with DLC and digital distribution, etc.
Old 04-10-2009   #18
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Reyshaun
Racing games are not my thing but, Burnout Paradise is cool.
RTD31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009   #19
PCN Member
PSN ID: snakes_pit
Burnout Paradise, GRID and Need for Speed Shift are my favs so far. Then of course, next year there's GT5
Snakepit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009   #20
"The New Guy"
PSN ID: Jamie_Shankill
Burnout paradice and motorstorm pacific rift are to gd 1s
J-Matt is offline   Reply With Quote