Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 53

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in [path]/includes/template/index.php on line 54
Register Submit this form

Go Back   PS3Center.net Discussion Boards > PlayStation Chat > PlayStation 3 Discussion
Follow us on Twitter!
Connect with Facebook

User Name Yes! I'm over 13
   years old
Password
Confirm Pass Submit this form
Email Address
Confirm Email

Old 27-07-2009   #1
1337 Sauce
PSN ID: bharat4ever
Playstation exclusive games vs xbox games

I was just on a forum called gamingindians.com where all hell was loose about whether xbox is better or the playstation is better.
I personally know for a fact the uncharted and killzone 2 are the best looking games on the PS3. But what i would like to know is, whether halo 3, or forza are as good looking as these.

I would like a few answers from guys who own both the PS3 and the Xbox. ( i am guessing Dustin, among others? )... People keep cribbing about how costly the PS3 is and how cheap the Xbox is. Why do they keep overlooking the fact the a blu ray drive costs a hell a lot? Then too, are the developers taking advantage of the Blu ray drive to make bigger games? I don't think so right? All the games give an average of 10 hours of gameplay, even the exclusive ones. If that is the case, when are the developers gonna say that we have had enough of the constraints of the xbox, and we are gonna develop better looking games on the ps3?

Or are they finding the easy way out by saying lets develop for the lesser console and just port it to the PS3?
Are we really at an advantage then? When will the tide turn. I thought GTA 4 did the trick, but then later went on to find that the gameplay on the xbox is slightly better than on the ps3....

I may have gotten wrong info, please don't eat me up :)
bharat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009   #2
Staff
I've played the majority of Xbox 360 exclusive games, and nothing comes close to Uncharted and especially Killzone 2.

Halo 3 is graphically absolutely average and Forza is nowhere near as good looking as GT. The only game I've played which is graphically impressive is Mass Effect (due to the facial animations).

There's no question that the PS3 is more powerful than the Xbox 360, and the way you can see that is that KZ2 released 2 years into the PS3s lifecycle, whereas the 360 has yet to see a game (or upcoming game) that looks as good when it has been available for a year longer.

But an Xbox fanboy will never admit that, even though the proof is right before his eyes.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009   #3
PCN Master
PSN ID: Xtreme8888
Well from my limited playtime of Halo 3, I just don't get why everyone is like Halo is amazing and nothing beats it, it's an average shooter that can be downright confusing and controls no better than any game on the PlayStation 3. The XBOX 360 also has the DVD problem to contend with, many future games seem to be headed towards multiple discs on the 360 where we are nowhere close to that stage and probably never will get to that point. But of course XBOX fanboys will never admit defeat, after all they have to justify buying a console with a high failure rate and paying for online access, so they will take anything they can get. Well that and there's a lot of XBOX fanboys that really shouldn't be playing Live anyway, you know the ones with high voices and trash talk constantly, like they are ever going to grow-up.
Old 27-07-2009   #4
PCN Addict
PSN ID: glen421
I agree the exclusives on the XBOX just aren't as good as the PS3's and it's early in the lifecycle for the PS3. I think the 1st party support is way better than XBOX but Sony needs to do something (some how increase console sales dramatically) to keep those developers PS3 exclusive. If you look at sales of the PS3 exclusives they haven't done well. The thing about Halo is: It's kinda like the Matrix the first one blew us away and the other 2 just progressed the story. IMO.

Still as a PS3 supporter I am worried about overall console sales and how it will play out for the future of the quality of games (particularly exclusives) we will see for the PS3. I wouldn't want to see Uncharted on the 360.
glen421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009   #5
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
well i dint think uncharted will ever come to 360 unless they pull a hideo kojima on us

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009   #6
PCN Addict
Microsoft has deep pockets and everybody has a price.
Old 27-07-2009   #7
PCN Master
PSN ID: Dipchit02
Quote:
Originally Posted by trediddy View Post
well i dint think uncharted will ever come to 360 unless they pull a hideo kojima on us
umm Uncharted WILL NEVER go to Xbox because not only does Sony own the name but they own the developer aka Naughty Dog
Dipchit02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009   #8
PCN Master
PSN ID: m0tl3ysl4y3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shak View Post
I've played the majority of Xbox 360 exclusive games, and nothing comes close to Uncharted and especially Killzone 2.

Halo 3 is graphically absolutely average and Forza is nowhere near as good looking as GT. The only game I've played which is graphically impressive is Mass Effect (due to the facial animations).

There's no question that the PS3 is more powerful than the Xbox 360, and the way you can see that is that KZ2 released 2 years into the PS3s lifecycle, whereas the 360 has yet to see a game (or upcoming game) that looks as good when it has been available for a year longer.

But an Xbox fanboy will never admit that, even though the proof is right before his eyes.
yeah, 360 fanboys are annoying in terms of not admitting the PS3 is better than the 360, I doubt that the 360 will see a game as good, I'm not saying that just to make fun of it
Old 28-07-2009   #9
1337 Sauce
The only problem is that when a game developer makes games for both the 360 and the PS3, it always turns out better looking on the 360... how do we deal with that?
Old 28-07-2009   #10
PCN Master
PSN ID: SaintAvi
Outside of Gears and Halo what else is there for them?
SaintAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009   #11
PCN Addict
PSN ID: treDIDDY97
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
The only problem is that when a game developer makes games for both the 360 and the PS3, it always turns out better looking on the 360... how do we deal with that?
yea i hate that and they are always porting i games from the 360 to ps3 and EA (even though they are not the topic) always shows their games on 360 cover

PS3: It only does everything
trediddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009   #12
MOD
PSN ID: sauberbmw
well the ps3 is twice as powerful so no exclusive game on the 360 will Never be better looking then any game made for the ps3.
Sauberbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009   #13
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by trediddy View Post
yea i hate that and they are always porting i games from the 360 to ps3 and EA (even though they are not the topic) always shows their games on 360 cover
That is slowly changing, tecmo and EA have shifted to the PS3 as their lead platform when designing games. As the limitations on the 360 become more apparent as time passes more studios should swap
Old 29-07-2009   #14
1337 Sauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAvi View Post
Outside of Gears and Halo what else is there for them?
Splinter Cell: Conviction... It makes me cry inside :(
Old 29-07-2009   #15
PCN Senior
PSN ID: jordan123x
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonite View Post
Splinter Cell: Conviction... It makes me cry inside :(
+1

It looks so effing good. Left 4 Dead is an exclusive I would love to have on the ps3 also.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009   #16
PCN Addict
Sony has got to get GT5 out the door soon. This franchise is a system seller and Sony knows it that is why the PSP version is being touted as "designed for the PSP GO". So they can get them sold for $249.00.

I think Splinter Cell Conviction will make it's way to the PS3 but probably a year from now.
Old 30-07-2009   #17
SuperStaff
PSN ID: soldierone
Xbox has some "decent" titles worth mentioning. Do i think Xbox is in the same boat as PS3, simply answered no, but it still has some things worth talking about. For example Gears of War is a very good franchise, one i wish was on PS3 even with Uncharted looking and playing better, Gears is a quality game. Then Alan Wake looks fantastic, while its easier to make a game like that look good while something like Killzone 2 is alot harder, it still a fantastic looking game.

I honestly think if your going to compare hardware and things of that nature, the only thing in the same boat of PS3 is gaming computers.

However why are developers not fed up with 360 restrictions? Because not everyone is in it to make the best game possible and rather make the money. In real life developing for 360 is cheaper and half the time MS is willing to toss a check your way to add exclusive to the title or some benefits of that nature, and in the end of the day these developers are just businessmen out to make money and no longer artist out to tell a fantastic story. In some cases developers are not like this, like WB with Batman has exclusive content, 1080 HD, and a better frame rate on PS3. I also noticed alot of developers are starting to warm up to PS3 now because they have these ideas that cant be held back, like ID putting 2 or their 3 upcoming games on multiple discs for 360 because they love the room Blu-ray offers.

The reason games look better on 360 when its ports to PS3. The PS3 is built in a way that you need to build your game from the ground up to support the system, otherwise things wont function correctly. Devs take the easy and cheap way out by building for the easy 360 then porting that to PS3, at which is usually a downgrade to the overall game. So we lose.

As for Sonys first parties leaving, i dont think you need to worry about that at all. For one Sony owns publishing rights to pretty much all the games out now. So Uncharted, Resistance, Ratchet etc...sony has rights to publish those so if those companies left they would have to build new titles which probably will equal out to the same number of sales. Not only that but Sony works well with all these companies from what I hear, why else are Insomniac, Naughty Dog, GG, etc... so happy to be first parties? These guys are capable of taking years to make quality games for Sony with no worries, and to be honest sales are not "terrible" unless you compare them to PS2 or third party sales. For example Infamous compared to Prototype, Infamous sold extremely well on PS3, prototype had 2 other version which cost more money in development to get them ported. Will third parties get you more sales yes, but at the same time you lose the support of Sony and is that worth it? Obviously not.

With the PS3 now, i think Sony needs to get some more common names out though. Yes its fantastic that they are allowing their first parties to experiment with new idea and hit some gold with titles like Infamous, Uncharted, Resistance etc...but its games like Gran Turismo, Zippers Socom, Ratchet and Clank etc that sell the console and bring in the fans. Just look at MGS4, it moved consoles very easily and even got a new install base with the bundles it had. Now imagine games like Gran Turismo hitting this fall or God of War next year, we need more names like that.

So in the long run is Xbox better than PS3 no, and im not saying that just because this is a PS3 site. There is no way to justify Xbox being a better console. However that doesnt mean people cant like the console. The PS2 was inferior to Xbox with the major exception of having WAY more better games or just games in general, yet ill still own a PS2 over an Xbox. Plus there is always one turn off from Xbox that always bugs me, why the hell would you pay for xbox live? Thats all i have to say lol.

Last edited by Dustin S.; 30-07-2009 at 03:31 AM..
Dustin S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2009   #18
1337 Sauce
I hail you Dustin! Perfect answer, cannot disagree with anything that you said
Old 30-07-2009   #19
PCN Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
+1

It looks so effing good. Left 4 Dead is an exclusive I would love to have on the ps3 also.
Despite all the hoop-la Ubi puts out about SC being an xbox exclusive, I dont believe em, I highly doubt such a high profile game that undoubtedly is eagerly anticipated will be the first splintercell game to never go multiplatform
Old 30-07-2009   #20
PCN Addict
Awesome post Dustin!!! Sony needs to post that in the PS3 break room for motivation.